• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

Guppie15

pro-rec SWO
So like many of you, my app keeps getting rolled and now hopefully everything is good to go for June. Here are my stats:

23/F
1st Choice: SWO
2nd Choice: Supply
Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology
GPA: 2.67
ASTB: 4/4/4/43
LOR: Previous supervisors, pastor

Not too competitive and my GPA sucks but we'll see next month!

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Pistol, congrats! That's cool to hear, as if you were going for SNA then that's one less BDCP'er in my way HAHA...kidding aside, enjoy your last two years, I know I will.

Biff, what year did you go through boot? My friend was there just this past year, and was home for a little over a week for Christmas - no medical emergency or DQ or NPQ, etc. Maybe they've loosened up on that policy, but he's definitely made it through and on schedule. I definitely agree with you about the adjusting, I know I would want to get my time done ASAP and especially while I was in condition/during conditioning for it.

Big Biff

Got Em
Biff, what year did you go through boot? My friend was there just this past year, and was home for a little over a week for Christmas - no medical emergency or DQ or NPQ, etc. Maybe they've loosened up on that policy, but he's definitely made it through and on schedule. I definitely agree with you about the adjusting, I know I would want to get my time done ASAP and especially while I was in condition/during conditioning for it.

Oh man I hope they didn't loosen up... I went through MCRD San Diego in fall of 2001. Maybe they did loosen up, but that really just credence to the entire "back in my day, I'm saltier" crap. If they allowed people to go home during Christmas that would be a change in a 50+ year tradition. Oh well, times change I guess. Of course considering deployment rotation since 2004 I guess it might make sense, with the possibility of being the last Christmas at home for 2-3 years.

Anyway as its looking now, my recruiter wants me to hold off on resubmitting my package until August when I'm done with school... assuming pro-rec and 2-3 months till final select, there is a good chance of me being at OCS with Santa as well...

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Is he wanting you to wait so you have all your grades/possibly raising your GPA, etc? I've seen some priors get their FS within a month if everything is ready to go, so it all depends I guess.

Big Biff

Got Em
Is he wanting you to wait so you have all your grades/possibly raising your GPA, etc? I've seen some priors get their FS within a month if everything is ready to go, so it all depends I guess.

No I have a GPA of 3.6, I just need two classes. I think he thinks that I have a better shot when he assumes the Navy's OCS money pot opens up. He got hit pretty hard in April with a lot of non-selects.

batesdl

I was supposed to be in the March Boards, April Boards and May Boards, but my Service Record has yet to come back. My OR said I should be reviewed in the June Boards.

Here are my stats, going for SNA only.

26 years old
ASTB 5/6/5 43
4 years prior service in Navy as AD3-Honorable Conditions
Former ROTC Cadet-4 years
Associates of Arts in Business 3.8 GPA
Bachelor of Science in Business Management 3.8 GPA
Master's of Business Admin./Minor Global Management 3.65 GPA
7 LOR's 1 from CO of VFA-27, 2 from Vice Presidents of Fortune 500 companies, 2 from Director's of large companies and 2 Manager's.
A&P License and flight time-Cessna 172 10 Hours
Excellent Low PRT
All Outstanding work references

Thanks,

Dan

Well got the call today. I am going to be seen in the June Boards. My Service Record came back yesterday. Fantastic!

dreambrat18

Hello all,
Here are my stats,
21 F
50 ASTB
3.03 GPA marine biology major and chem minor.
No PRT yet but I'll hopefully be ready when the time comes.
My package is going in on either monday or tuesday, hopefully. Just waiting on a marine mammal vet in Brazil for her reference to be faxed in. Anyone started memorizing the navy stuff "just in case"?

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
This thread title just brought back so many memories. I read last year's "June Boards" a countless number of times waiting to hear my own fate.

Good luck to all of you!

D-Roc

LTJG
I wouldn't give too much thought to this number. Did the OR give more details about 25 applicants for what? Just SNA? NFO? SWO?

In all reality, this knowledge, if true won't make a bit of difference with what is in your power.

I know it is more comforting to have as much gouge as possible (much of which is good gouge, much of it is not) but all the applicant can do is put together the best package possible, and be prompt/polite/helpful when your OR and processor ask for information.

Some things (such as how many people the board will see) are just out of the applicants hands.

There are 52 people up for pilot for the May board.

basel777

Hey Everyone,

Just like everyone on this thread, I'm praying and hoping that my app will not get rolled to July!

Here are my app stats:
27/M
Preferences: Supply, Intel, and IW
51 5/6/7
Bachelor of Arts/ Psychology 3.83
Master of Arts/ Industrial and Organizational Psychology 3.75
LORs: Multiple Civilian Managers and a police officer.
PRT: Good/ High

Also, if anyone who's applying (or applied recently) lives in the Pittsburgh area, let me know if you'd be interested in getting together for some drinks!

- Basel777

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Could people post what schools they're at? I'm just curious as to what kinds of places people are coming from.