• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

Grumman10

ENS USN
I'm in for June as well. I didnt get rolled, my app didnt make it in time. Damn thing was completed April 20th and supposedly didnt get to TN until May 5th. Oh well, heres the stats:

6/6/6/51
B.A. US History
B.A. International Relations
2.99 GPA
President of an Org. on campus for 1 1/2 yrs.
- Exec board same org for 1 1/2 yrs
Worked full-time in school
Some volunteer work with Habitat, adopt a highway and raised $2000 for USO
LORS: O-8 USN, O-7 USA, 3 O-6's (2 USN {1 F-18 Pilot} 1 ANG), Chair of Poli Sci dept at my school. All these people I know very well
Im also married and have a little girl so I dont know if that will factor into the overall big picture.
SNA/NFO

Also, for those of you hoping to be up for May or are, my OR told me that only 25 candidates were being seen this month. Does that seem rediculously low to anyone else? My OR thought so but cant figure out why that would be the case. He also cant figure out why if they had my kit on the 5th and are only seeing 25 why I didnt get in. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. Anyone hear anything different?

TwinsFan

Just submitted my package last week. My OR said I will make June boards.
SNA/NFO/Intel
Age 23, M
56 - 7/7/7
3.51 GPA - University of Minnesota
B.A. Communication
LORs: Professor, 0-4 Former Navy Sub Officer, 2 Business Associates/Best Friends.
Interview with 0-6 former pilot.
Full time business owner during college/post college.
15 Volunteer hours per week for last year (Big Brother, and various Christian Charities).

I've heard tons of speculation about OCS dates being pushed back with budget cuts, and whatever else. I'm just glad that I'll hopefully make June boards. In the mean time I'll work and go fishing!

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Also, for those of you hoping to be up for May or are, my OR told me that only 25 candidates were being seen this month. Does that seem rediculously low to anyone else? My OR thought so but cant figure out why that would be the case. He also cant figure out why if they had my kit on the 5th and are only seeing 25 why I didnt get in. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. Anyone hear anything different?

I would hope this is not the case. I submitted in March so lets hope I make it to the May board. I guess I should double check with my recruiter.

blarged

ready
Also, for those of you hoping to be up for May or are, my OR told me that only 25 candidates were being seen this month. Does that seem rediculously low to anyone else? My OR thought so but cant figure out why that would be the case.

I wouldn't give too much thought to this number. Did the OR give more details about 25 applicants for what? Just SNA? NFO? SWO?

In all reality, this knowledge, if true won't make a bit of difference with what is in your power.

I know it is more comforting to have as much gouge as possible (much of which is good gouge, much of it is not) but all the applicant can do is put together the best package possible, and be prompt/polite/helpful when your OR and processor ask for information.

Some things (such as how many people the board will see) are just out of the applicants hands.

girlskicka55

Pro-Rec Supply! Wahoo!
Hello everyone ~ My OR said I will be up for the June boards so here are my stats!

27/F
Supply
Bachelors of Arts/Graphic Design: 3.16
Masters of Business Admin: 3.14 (I am in my last 2 classes, hopefully it will go up a little!)
OAR: 47 (Only took it once, If I don't get pro-select in the June board, I will retake it!)
LORs: 1 O-4, 1 E-8, 1 Police Officer, 1 Manager
PRT: Excellent Low

That's pretty much it. The wait and see game has begun! Good Luck All...

Grumman10

ENS USN
If we all can expect fall OCS dates (Oct-Nov) what happens for the holidays. I've been looking at other threads and cant find anything. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Anyone know?

KLT

I've never been, but I read (either here or on the Navy forum) that the classes were dismissed for the holidays( perhaps I would think three or four days) I know that they get Christmas to go home, I am almost 100 percent positive about this, because I remember the blog read that they were very happy to receive a little break and that it helped to make OCS be more bearable....

hopefully someone who has been there and done that can confirm?

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
A break from OCS?!? Whose ludacrous idea was that? That makes me wanna request a fall slot to get the cozy break in the middle, but then you have to come back and start up again plus all the food you ate and the extra holiday pounds...it's a double edge sword...my buddy in the Army got a holiday break from bootcamp, as did a Marine friend. They had about two weeks off (rediculous, I know), so I'd assume that officer candidates would get the same - if not better treatment. Not that we're better than the enlisted guys.....

NTXRockr

As far as the 25 applicants at this board, my OR knocked down most of the rumors on Monday morning. It still should be as many qualified candidates as they'd like to fill slots, and the 50 per board rule was only in Jan/Feb boards due to so many over the winter break. Like blarged said, it's out of your hands by that time, so get your ducks in a row and sit back and pretend to relax.

Also, on the rumor of the Navy getting rid of the BDCP due to financial strife...exactly that, a rumor. They may cut back slots for FY10 or not fill as many over the summer, or not hold a class or two, all to save money that won't be paid until the next class is in Newport. They haven't started RIF'ing (reducton in force) yet, but a liberal democrat in office usually cuts back military spending, and the economy isn't helping either. Again, just get your stuff together and know that you know that you're supposed to be a Naval Officer.

As far as any other rumors you hear on here or on other forums, etc, just remember that they are exactly rumors until your OR or someone higher up than him confirms it.

NTXRockr

For the comments, thanks guys. I've been looking into becoming a naval officer and aviator for over 3 years now, seriously started working on my package back in October and since late December have missed out on the January, February, March, April and now May boards due to being overweight. I've knocked out the 22+ pounds I needed to, and so June should be the last time I post on here "one more try..." lol. So any of you who have been rolled, missed a deadline, had an issue in your app...just remember that these are only single months out of a potentially long career - an investment - which doesn't always come quickly and isn't supposed to be short lived. In December I just knew with my stats that I should've been a shoo-in for the January SNA-BDCP board and would be getting paid by the end of Feb...my recruiter said to expect around 4-6 months of patience to get in, and so far he was right. Some hit it just right, some have minor issues to get fixed before getting in. But it will all work out in the end, trust me.

Anyways, enough of my in-between-finals rant...I haven't slept in two days, so I'm slightly delirious LOL...nothing like pulling all-nighters working on stuff that's gonna affect your application into OCS. And to think I was going to try to go to MEPS tomorrow morning...prolly not a smart idea at the moment.

Good luck ladies and gents, only 31 days until the fun (and panicky posts and phone calls to ORs) starts in the middle of June.....

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Also, on the rumor of the Navy getting rid of the BDCP due to financial strife...exactly that, a rumor. They may cut back slots for FY10 or not fill as many over the summer, or not hold a class or two, all to save money that won't be paid until the next class is in Newport. They haven't started RIF'ing (reducton in force) yet, but a liberal democrat in office usually cuts back military spending, and the economy isn't helping either. .

Yeah I've been hearing the same thing about NROTC(I app'd for the 2yr scholarship/CP) and STILL waiting on the results. I had so much time I managed to get my BDCP package ready for June haha. But I've heard all the doom and gloom too. But you make a good point..they are just Rumors... until something is said in solid stone, dont believe it.

Speedy3

As far as the 25 applicants at this board, my OR knocked down most of the rumors on Monday morning. It still should be as many qualified candidates as they'd like to fill slots, and the 50 per board rule was only in Jan/Feb boards due to so many over the winter break. Like blarged said, it's out of your hands by that time, so get your ducks in a row and sit back and pretend to relax.

Also, on the rumor of the Navy getting rid of the BDCP due to financial strife...exactly that, a rumor. They may cut back slots for FY10 or not fill as many over the summer, or not hold a class or two, all to save money that won't be paid until the next class is in Newport. They haven't started RIF'ing (reducton in force) yet, but a liberal democrat in office usually cuts back military spending, and the economy isn't helping either. Again, just get your stuff together and know that you know that you're supposed to be a Naval Officer.

As far as any other rumors you hear on here or on other forums, etc, just remember that they are exactly rumors until your OR or someone higher up than him confirms it.

That stuff is all good to hear. I wonder how things are going for FY11...hmmm. By the way, the 25 thing, if its accurate makes me giddy as I'm in on the May boards.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Well ladies and gentleman I am going to bow out my package as I just found out I was awarded the 2 year Scholarship!!!!! :D So theres one less person to worry about on the June Boards

Big Biff

Got Em
A break from OCS?!? Whose ludacrous idea was that? That makes me wanna request a fall slot to get the cozy break in the middle, but then you have to come back and start up again plus all the food you ate and the extra holiday pounds...it's a double edge sword...my buddy in the Army got a holiday break from bootcamp, as did a Marine friend. They had about two weeks off (rediculous, I know), so I'd assume that officer candidates would get the same - if not better treatment. Not that we're better than the enlisted guys.....

Not to threadjack but Marines DO NOT get a Christmas break. Their OCS starts in October and finishes before the Holidays, and enlisted bootcamp (like me) get a Christmas day movie and MAYBE no Intensive Training(beatings), maybe a platoon on platoon sporting event, but definitely no going home and nothing more than a day. I always felt bad for the recruits that went home for a week on emergency leave (an escape from the mindf*ck) only to return and be singled out by the DI. I can imagine the same principle with Navy OCS, especially if its the early weeks... Coming back after a week of freedom eating mom's meatloaf, to get thrown right back into the fire. No-Thanks... I think I'd rather stay in newport staying "adjusted", as opposed to the whole "readjustment" process.