• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

SWOHopeful

Have you guys checked in with a recruiter to see why the delay? There are people from July and August with a FS. It will not hurt to check in on your package.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
For the most part it's probably due to something we didn't have accomplished within certain timeframes (ie PRT, MEPS, etc). I found out Thursday that they've posted my OCS date of January 1, 2011, but I'm still waiting for the final select letter to come in to swear in and start my paychecks, etc.

About that date...anyone know if they would have an OCS class start up on New Years Day? My OR thinks that it's simply a placeholder until I get closer to graduation and OCS, but it's a Saturday (which is when you check in, correct?) so I don't know. I figure that it's a federal holiday and they wouldn't do that, but it's the government and they're known for doing silly things...

blarged

ready
My OR thinks that it's simply a placeholder until I get closer to graduation and OCS, but it's a Saturday (which is when you check in, correct?) so I don't know

Your first day is typically a Sunday. My OCS date is 01AUG2010 (Sunday).

MidWestEwo

None
For the most part it's probably due to something we didn't have accomplished within certain timeframes (ie PRT, MEPS, etc). I found out Thursday that they've posted my OCS date of January 1, 2011, but I'm still waiting for the final select letter to come in to swear in and start my paychecks, etc.

About that date...anyone know if they would have an OCS class start up on New Years Day? My OR thinks that it's simply a placeholder until I get closer to graduation and OCS, but it's a Saturday (which is when you check in, correct?) so I don't know. I figure that it's a federal holiday and they wouldn't do that, but it's the government and they're known for doing silly things...

How did you find out your OCS date without a final select?

SWOHopeful

How did you find out your OCS date without a final select?

A letter is generated in the system when the FS letter is done. OR's can usually check this and tell their recruits when they are "potentially" heading to OCS. When the letter is generated it is awaiting a final signature before being sent to your NRD.

NTXRockr

^^^ What he said...it ended up that they sent back a form requesting information on a minor in possession of alcohol I had back in 2004. My OR said that they've never had this form before, and I was one of three that needed it. To make it even weirder was the fact that it appeared that my final select letter was on its way back, and my security background check was already opened. So now I've sent that info in to Millington and am waiting yet again to hear back from them or receive my letter and sign and swear in.

NTXRockr

Final Select letter received...I go in on December 2 to swear in, as they need a couple days to get everything setup and in the system, and the pesky Thanksgiving holiday is in the way lol.

Grizzly

Wow NTXRocker that is a long layover for the FS letter. I just got pro rec'd in OCT. Everything in my package is submitted, and now I'm in the waiting game for a final select letter too. I was hoping to swear in before the end of the semester, but that doesn't seem realistic.

MidWestEwo

None
Wow NTXRocker that is a long layover for the FS letter. I just got pro rec'd in OCT. Everything in my package is submitted, and now I'm in the waiting game for a final select letter too. I was hoping to swear in before the end of the semester, but that doesn't seem realistic.

I think a lot of us from the June boards had problems with paper work and such. I am still waiting from June, but that is because I hurt myself and had to postpone MEPS, and then I had a problem with my security papers that pushed things back another couple of months before we found out it was hung up.

tyrone

Since I submitted my packet back in February, I've had to redo a couple of things because the process has changed. I had to retake my blood tests and most recently update my SF-86. It's frustrating because even if you do everything perfectly, the lengthy wait renders information outdated. Thus creating more problems which you must wait even longer to fix. Ugh! I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all worth it.

SWOHopeful

Since I submitted my packet back in February, I've had to redo a couple of things because the process has changed. I had to retake my blood tests and most recently update my SF-86. It's frustrating because even if you do everything perfectly, the lengthy wait renders information outdated. Thus creating more problems which you must wait even longer to fix. Ugh! I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all worth it.

are you still waiting on a FS?!