• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I thought the pro-rec wait was stressful enough. Nothing is worse than the entire extended family asking me when I am going to training every time I see them. Then the follow up question is always "when are you going to know?"...:bigeyes_1

That describes every day for me. Except my friends go "How do you not know? Its ridiculous you have to wait so long and they dont tell you."

Then my Mom, who is equally frustrated and not a patient woman goes:
"Can't you just join the regular Navy as an Officer??"

I didn't even know how to answer that one. My mom was a marine, so there's no excuse. :p

JF --

What sort of eye waivers were you granted? I am wondering because a few of us on here are PR for NA/FO with LASIK. Any information would be great.

Thanks in advance,
GAD

Hey all - I did get FS of Nov 22nd!

The eye waiver ... I had PRK in May '08 - I had many appts and sent those results in. I went to MEPS in May '09- I was told if I had showed up three days later, I'd meet the requirements of having a month in between exams ... (its all confusing...apparently all my previous exams with my doctor didnt suffice). They said I needed a waiver. Three months later they came back and said I needed a "civilian eye exam" as my "best option as possibly becoming qualified". I had another eye appt with my doctor (a retired CDMR) who said my eyes were perfect, again lol. When those results went in, I was then asked for gyno results - five days after they received that, I got FS. So I'm not sure how the waiver worked - I gave the info they needed, and I finally got through.

Hope that helps - just make sure you know exactly what information MEPS needs and the time frame of the results (i.e. if its a three month in between exams, or one month) ... I was given so much mis-information from the get go. PM me if you want the exact type of results I sent in.

Nov 22nd for OCS! Definitely beefing up workouts and eating healthy :eek:)

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
YES, I am...mostly due to waiting for medical clearance and for me to pass the PRT. I finally passed the PRT just this morning after missing it last month by 4 seconds on the run. I had completed my medical stuff in August though, so now it's time to wait for another week or two for the final select letter. I was thinking I was probably the last from this month to be getting my FS?

Rass

YES, I am...mostly due to waiting for medical clearance and for me to pass the PRT. I finally passed the PRT just this morning after missing it last month by 4 seconds on the run. I had completed my medical stuff in August though, so now it's time to wait for another week or two for the final select letter. I was thinking I was probably the last from this month to be getting my FS?

What did your recruiter say was "passing." I have heard a mixture of things. Recruiter said Good Low a month ago, and Sat Med a few weeks ago. I'm seconds away from good low, but still curious what your recruiter deems passing.

MidWestEwo

None
What did your recruiter say was "passing." I have heard a mixture of things. Recruiter said Good Low a month ago, and Sat Med a few weeks ago. I'm seconds away from good low, but still curious what your recruiter deems passing.

Good/Low or dont go.

MidWestEwo

None

I am still waiting...This is brutal.

PJ81

FS SNA
Has anyone heard if all of the November classes are filled?

I highly doubt it. There would probably be more people in the ocs portal 22 Nov thread. With that being said, I did just get a date of 6 Dec from my recruiter.

PJ81

FS SNA
Well my recruiter must be out of the loop then. He told me there are no December classes..

Yeah, thats what I thought until I got the call yesterday. Of course I haven't received my FS yet, so I'll post back here when I do just to confirm.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.

Good Low is the minimum for everything, even if it's not...it for sure is for BDCP and 30-day OCS prior so don't shoot for anything else lower.

I was Excellent High in situps and Good High in pushups, but missed the run by 4 seconds...had I had my watch on I would've known at more intervals to kick it in but lessons learned.

Now it's just sit around and wait for FS to cash in my paychecks every month.

TwinsFan

For anyone else still waiting, I'm waiting too. In fact, I just was able to take my PRT only a few days ago....

I'm ready to go after I get a FS, but it'll still be a while for me.