• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 08 Selection

Goob83

None
Final Select SNFO, not sure about my date, I'm hoping to go in January, I want out of Fresno as soon as i graduate

1/25/2009 is your date ETC will contact you soon for the OATH

CONGRATS don't let your grades drop because you are selected study harder

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Thanks goob. ETC called me at work and notified me of my date. Anyone else out there going with me?

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Pro-Rec

Several-month subscriber, virgin poster- I can't believe all the good info on this site. It seems I've received a Ph.D-level education on OCS and the path to the fleet.

A little about myself:
BDCP SNA/SNFO applicant
21 y.o. Aviation Flight Science major @ Western Michigan University
PPL... 3/4 through instrument course.

Package:
3.7 GPA, including Lee Honors College
7/8/7 <- (I did not study much for this test and was initially disappointed with these scores, although my recruiter and a competing Marine recruiter later told me they were high).
OAR: 53
97 situps
65 pushups
9:13 1.5 mile (dodging fat chicks on our track the entire time!)

4 LoR: 3 faculty members and my pastor. One is a retired AF pilot, another a former RAF Tornado backseater.
WMU Waterski Team Treasurer
Alpha Lambda Delta member (academic)

After my package was submitted, I relaxed. I wasn't sure when the board met, or when I'd get the news. It seems half the candidates for this thread were freaking out until they got the call... but I'll admit, after I hung up with my recruiter, I FLIPPED THE FUCK OUT in my car for a few minutes before calling my family. It was like being accepted to U of M x10 (I'm a die-hard Wolverine fan and I didn't even end up there).

My recruiter said, "Congratulations, I checked the list and you've been selected navigator (me holding breath) AND PILOT." Best phone call ever.

I've only got a few questions, one of which is going on the PRK thread...
When does the medical review board convene for June pro-rec candidates?

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Just found out that my final select is being signed and I'll have a .pdf version of it tomorrow via e-mail! Report date is Oct. 19 but my OR is going to talk to the coordinator to see if I can get a earlier date...STOKED!!

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
Final select is taking forever! I just called them today the processor told me that all medical is complete and I am just waiting on the background check to initiate. Hoping to go and sign papers next week, but who knows.....

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Just found out that my final select is being signed and I'll have a .pdf version of it tomorrow via e-mail! Report date is Oct. 19 but my OR is going to talk to the coordinator to see if I can get a earlier date...STOKED!!

Congrats. If you're stuck with 19 Oct, we're looking good. All aviation so far. :D

tjp2008

When does the medical review board convene for June pro-rec candidates?

Junkball: I'm a bit of a virgin poster as well. I was pro rec'ed SNA in the June boards and last Thursday my recruiter told me that they had recently received the letter from the medical review board clearing me physically. I don't know what their procedure is but my guess (which might or might not be worth a damn) is that if you were pro rec'ed in June then they'd be getting to you soon.

I'm just waiting now for my final selection letter to come through. All this waiting can sure be a bitch some times, but I know it will be worth it in the end!

I hope that helped answer your question.

Congrats to all the June selectees and good luck to those all applying and reapplying in the coming months!

PigzFly

TKiss - I am in the same boat. I was a may selectee, I have cleared medical now and am just waiting for background to clear. I have no idea how long I have to wait. I am ready to know what my date is. I wanted to go in August, but it looks like its late OCT now. By the time I final select, who knows.

Junkball- If you are NPQ'd for something and you get your paperwork done, its roughly a three day turn around. Im not sure if this means there is a board that meets that often, or if they just review paperwork that often. I know that I heard of my NPQ within about two weeks of completing MEPS (did so after pro-rec) and then was cleared about a week after turning in my BP paperwork. shouldnt take too long for you.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
I wonder why its taking so long for you guys. I am signing paper work and taking the oath this wednesday. I hope you guys get your letters soon.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I don't understand. Why does it take so long for medical to clear? Didn't you guys all take your physicals and MEPs before submittal?

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I did...I don't have any idea what the hold up has been. All my medical(MEPS) and clearance info was in before my app was submitted.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I wonder why its taking so long for you guys. I am signing paper work and taking the oath this wednesday. I hope you guys get your letters soon.

It looks like the only guys that pro-rec'd in June who already know, dimlights aside, are the applicants with deferred OCS dates. Hopefully dimlights' news will become a common trend for those of us looking to class up asap.

I completed MEPS and Sec. clearance prior to application, ftr.

My recruiter told me last week that we are just waiting for the secretary (of state?) to sign my letter.

Hopefully we'll all hear of final select soon!

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I don't think it's possible for Intel applicants to clear security before 6mos to a year. How does final select happen then?

Goob83

None
it takes long because they are not from the same NRD you and PIGZZ are from. we don't mess around here