• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jun 30 OCS date

BigRed389

None
At least our class number won't be hard to forget :)

Just to clarify, the minimum passing score for the in-PRT is a Satisfactory Medium, correct? That is a 13:15 on the run, 42 pushups and 50 situps. This is per this website: http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ocs/physical_training.htm

Obviously the goal should be to do much better than this, but the minimum passing score is what is most important in the end I think.

Thanks for the great info!

Well...it's always nice to know I could sit on my ass and each nachos for a month and still pass.

Not that I will, more for health reasons really, but again, always nice to know.

red1323

MMMMM nachos and beer :) The mins look embarassingly easy but people fail every class so maybe it is harder than it looks??

For BDCP you need to maintain a Good Low, which I do. So, I'm not super worried about the in-PRT (ok I am, but maybe I don't need to be as worried as I am) since the Sat Medium levels are pretty far below the Good Low levels. A full minute and 15 seconds longer on the run and all...

I'm definitely worried about rolling from this class, so I want to make sure I don't. I'll be training up until the day we start class, even running in the mornings on my drive down (just some light running).

See you all down there...four weeks left.:eek:

Tom

pilot
Contributor
For the longest time I've been thinking Good Low was the minimum. It makes me feel better though knowing I have that much more of an advantage. I can't wait to be done with this.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
At least our class number won't be hard to forget :)

Just to clarify, the minimum passing score for the in-PRT is a Satisfactory Medium, correct? That is a 13:15 on the run, 42 pushups and 50 situps. This is per this website: http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ocs/physical_training.htm

Obviously the goal should be to do much better than this, but the minimum passing score is what is most important in the end I think.

Thanks for the great info!

Affirmative. Satisfactory medium for in-PRT, and good-low for BDCP. That said, BDCP folks should NOT fail, and if they do, they either have done nothing since the last PRT or their OSO's fudged numbers.

If you can't run a 13:15 1.5m and do 42 PU and 50 SU, then to quote brett, "You suck". Honestly. Push it out and you'll do fine. See you guys there. We'll probably be the class (or one of the few) helping you guys before your inspections and whatnot. Good luck!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I just want to make sure i'm reading this correctly.... The minimum for everyone (including BDCPers) at the in PFT at ocs is a satisfactory medium? Some of the ways you guys are wording this leads me to believe that BDCP guys are held to getting a good low at the in PFT. Thanks.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I'm curious to hear this answer too because I always thought it was a "good low" in all categories to pass the first PRT at OCS.

red1323

Congrats RED1323...Hey, just curious how long did it take you to find out the results?

For Nukes?? I did PRT August 2nd, Submitted Sept 15th, did the VIP trip sometime in October (the 6th?) Went to DC October 12, had the interviews the 13th and was sworn in at about 1600 13OCT2006 :D. Got my security clearance in March (I think, no one's told me anything secret yet, so it really doesn't matter :D) To go from submit to interviewing in one month is EXTREMELY fast but my recruiter’s office has an EXCELLENT office manager who makes sure paperwork gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there. Also, I didn’t need any waivers, so that helped, and there’s always the “unknown” factor that seems to have worked in my favor this time.

Another guy out of the same office submitted around the same time I did, went to the VIP trip with me, and went to DC a couple of months after I did (he had waivers). Most of the people I talk to indicate 2-4 months from submit to interviews is pretty common. You find out the day of the interview if you are in or not, so it can go pretty fast compared to other communities. Any one with Q’s about the Nuke application process, just PM me. I can only tell you about my experiences/opinions so it may not be the same for you.

gtg941f

pilot
For the in and out PRTs the required score (ie. sat med) is a combined overall, yes? As opposed to having to meet that requirement in every category.

For the in and out PRTs the required score (ie. sat med) is a combined overall, yes? As opposed to having to meet that requirement in every category.

I'm guessing, but I'm pretty sure that you need to meet the Satisfactory Medium score in all three categories. You can't get below a Sat-Med in any category, or you fail. You should have no problem meeting those levels though, especially if you are BDCP since you need to have a Good-Low score on each PRT for BDCP.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
This whole move from Pcola reeks of bullshit...anybody have any legit logic as to why they're doing it, I know most of us have been kept in the dark about it, retrospectively...just looking to understand what's going on and for what cause or purpose in which it is being done..its all FM..

Flight School will still be held in Fla correct?

Just aggravated is all.