• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jun 30 OCS date

Tom

pilot
Contributor
You get a tentative date that can change, but one is supposed to receive offical orders to OCS within 30 days of your class starting. I get the feeling my date will not get pushed back because that would mean that the Navy would just have to pay me more to do nothing.

bwildcat

I am pretty sure that this is my class date. I am hoping that it is still in P-Cola when I get there. BTW I'm SNA.

red1323

Tom, there are a lot of people getting paid to sit around. As stated earlier I was bumped back to 15 July and I'm getting E-6 pay. The rate may have something to do with me getting bumped back to 30 Jun but from what I've seen (read the thread on fuel consumption) the Navy isn't going out of it's way to pinch pennies. Then again, what do I know? I'm just an OC.

red1323

I know there is still a month to go but since graduation I am BORED!!! When are people planning on getting to p-cola? Any word on the contact sheet someone (Tom I think?) was putting together?? It's too bad we will be in first week hell for July 4th, but at least we have Transformers to look forward to on our first weekend of liberty!

I'm leaving from Reno on the 23rd and driving down to Pensacola. Planning on getting there by the 28th at least. I want to have some time to check the place out and do some light running in the pensacola weather before reporting.

I'd like to meet up with anyone who is planning on being there early as well.

MasterBates

I know there is still a month to go but since graduation I am BORED!!! When are people planning on getting to p-cola? Any word on the contact sheet someone (Tom I think?) was putting together?? It's too bad we will be in first week hell for July 4th, but at least we have Transformers to look forward to on our first weekend of liberty!

ogre01.jpg

NERDS!

(you should be chasing Pcola tail, its not great, but its what you do, start acting like mini-aviators please, its a warmup to Hookers & Blow)

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Getting called a nerd from a soon to be hillbilly...

I only have a couple people on the sheet so far. I'm definitely up for going out to dinner the night before.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey I just got selected for NUPOC and am looking for others with a Jun 30 OCS date. I'm hoping it'll be in RI by then, but Pensacola is a neat little town too. That's Jun 30, 2007 in case there was confusion.

MB, he is NUPOC, therefore he IS a nerd. No need to act like a mini aviator. More tail for the rest of us to chase.:D

MasterBates

Speaking of NERDS, can one of you nerds make a forum option, like Quote or Insert image, that I can just press to get Ogre and NERDS! put up?

Put your nerdiness to good use. Making my life easier.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Speaking of NERDS, can one of you nerds make a forum option, like Quote or Insert image, that I can just press to get Ogre and NERDS! put up?

Put your nerdiness to good use. Making my life easier.

To make your life easier, you need an assassin.:icon_wink

red1323

MB, she is NUPOC, therefore she IS a nerd. No need to act like a mini aviator. More tail for the rest of us to chase.:D

Yes, I am a nerd, and no competition for any tail you'll be chasing. There are plenty of aviators looking forward to Transformers, it should be a badass movie. One NFO I know (very cool guy, not a nerd by any stretch of the imagination) called his unborn child Optimus Prime until he and his wife found out the gender.

I think Nukes are scared of women. If the only women I saw were female Nukes, I'd be scared too!

Ouch!! :paperbag_ From what I've seen of the men native to P-Cola, movies will be the only entertainment I'll be looking for; mullets and rotting teeth aren't really my thing.

red1323

Getting called a nerd from a soon to be hillbilly...

I only have a couple people on the sheet so far. I'm definitely up for going out to dinner the night before.

Sweet, McGuire's is an awesome place to get a burger and a pint, and some boxtys (boxties...sp?) just stay away from the Irish Wakes unless you want to puke neon green :D

flynavyp3

For those who are still confused about OCS dates, the LAST OCS class in Pensacola begins 1 July, with a graduation date of 21 Sept. Your orders will tell you to report the Friday or Saturday before (DO IT!), but you just get your orders stamped & then they tell you to come back Sunday morning to actually begin training. Usually there is a new class starting every two or three weeks, but due to the move to RI there will be a month and a half gap between the beginning of the last P-cola class and the first Newport class (scheduled to begin 19 Aug). There will already be OCS classes training in RI by the time the last P-cola class graduates, so OCS accessions won't come to a complete halt as some have suggested. If anyone is told they have a report date between 1 July and 19 August, expect that to be revised since there aren't any classes starting during that time.

red1323

OK, this is actually the 01Jul07 class thread for anyone with orders saying NET 30Jun NLT 01Jul, sorry about that. Flynavy, I know it doesn't really matter, but any ideas on what this class's Candidate Officer's duties are going to be?