• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jun 30 OCS date

Sorry, I think I started the 2000 thing. The email you sent out earlier, tom, said 1830, so let's meet then. See you all tomorrow

flynavyp3

Status

Well, anyone still reading this thread is either a friend/family member or a former member of class 20-07 (since the candidates don't have access to email or internet right now). As of close of business on Tuesday (3 JUL) here is the status:

Initial check ins: +56
DOR: - 1
in PFA failure: - 17 (including at least two contributors to this thread)
"H" class roll-ins: + 12
Failure to train: - 4

CURRENT CLASS SIZE: 46

Expect this number to dwindle after Friday & Saturday, since the hardest evolutions of the week are still ahead.

Good luck, class 20-07. It looks like you need it.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
My wife and I would love to hear any further updates as you get them. Thanks for this last one!

zachary2777

Banned
Well, anyone still reading this thread is either a friend/family member or a former member of class 20-07 (since the candidates don't have access to email or internet right now). As of close of business on Tuesday (3 JUL) here is the status:

Initial check ins: +56
DOR: - 1
in PFA failure: - 17 (including at least two contributors to this thread)
"H" class roll-ins: + 12
Failure to train: - 4

CURRENT CLASS SIZE: 46

Expect this number to dwindle after Friday & Saturday, since the hardest evolutions of the week are still ahead.

Good luck, class 20-07. It looks like you need it.

Goddamn, are these numbers normal? 17 PFA failures... jesus. What does failure to train mean? Who DOR's in the first 5 days?

mlorg001

PFA failure is failing the initial physical fitness assessment. Anyone know who the DI for this class is? PM to me if so...thanks.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
What is failure to train? Is it their lack of preparing physically or what? Also, im not selected but I have been practicing my prt's by doing sit ups, then resting 2min, then push ups, rest 5 min, then 2 mile run. Is this decent for preperation and what is the rest times between the sit ups, push ups and run at the in prt?
So far my last numbers was 83 sit ups, 81 push ups and a 14:31 2 mile run. Im 27 by the way so I know my scores are a little more lax then the younger go getters...

Goob83

None
Yes

numbers are normal as of late. DOR was on a monday before the PFA so if you think this is a joke reconsider your goals and desires, if you accept this chance make damn sure you are ready. otherwise you are taking a spot from someone who has wanted this all their life. yes an intial PFA failure is your recriuters fault for not training you properly or allowing you to ship. The heat is a factor too for many folks that come from mild climates. if you barely pass the PRT at your home you need to look in the mirror and you will not pass at OCS. in PFA at Newport will be easier for sure but by NO means will it be a run in the park. PREPARE YOURSELF before you ship or face the rath of SATAN. yep the DI has a nick name!

flynavyp3

Failure to train means an individual reaches a point where they either can't or won't continue training. For the individuals in the first week, they reached a point (fatigue, bewilderment, stubbornness, I don't know why...) where they refused to respond to commands given to them by the staff. If you are no longer responding to/obeying commands, then you are no longer training. One way to think about it is that since OCS is voluntary training, if you stop training then you have un-volunteered yourself. Sort of a DOR by your actions, even if you don't say anything.

NOTE: there's a big difference between failure to train and struggling to keep up. OCS is physically demanding, and everyone (even prior SEALS) get to the point where their push-up form isn't perfect, they are sucking wind, etc. The staff may yell at you to get your knees off the deck, get your butt out of the air (during push-ups), etc., but as long as you are making the effort and are "in the ballpark" on form you should be okay. Failure to train means you just stop trying, and that's a mental thing. Completely different.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Who DOR's in the first 5 days?

A lot more people than you'd expect. Class 18 had 1 that I remember. Class 19 had a few, and class 20 as well. A girl in class 19 DORed after like 20 hours...pathetic! As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't even met the class drill instructor yet, your DOR-ing is a complete waste of everyone's time and you suck.

(And I write this on full liberty due to dining out. So yes, there is a reason I have internet access. And the last dining out at Pcola was great, btw...:D)

millerjd

Stayin' alive
A lot more people than you'd expect. Class 18 had 1 that I remember. Class 19 had a few, and class 20 as well. A girl in class 19 DORed after like 20 hours...pathetic! As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't even met the class drill instructor yet, your DOR-ing is a complete waste of everyone's time... I may still be a wiener.. not sure

I may have had a few after seeing a Johnny cash-esque band tonight, but maybe you are making a little fvcking sense. Maybe.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Have you learned the meaning of "teammate" yet?

To be honest, I learned a lot at the beginning and pretty much put together what some people (the helpful ones) on this site were saying. OCS has taught me a lot. I was pretty much a little b!tch when I reported but I paid my dues and now I'm moving ahead. There are a few people on here who may have cracked a joke or two at my expense here, who are either rolled, are in limbo or are going home while I continue on in training putting forth my strongest effort. Karma is a b!tch.

Regardless, class 20 is full of a bunch of cocky bastards! :D Long live NASTY 19!