• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

RobotSailor

Weller-known Member
Do high ASTB scores take on weight of lower GPA's?
Also, I still havnt seen anything about pilot quota's for July. Do we have a rough number for pilot spots?

23/M
Non prior
SNA, SNFO,
8/8/9 - OAR: 66
2.8 GPA Texas A&M (Civil Engineering)
Worked two jobs majority of my way through college (including leadership type positions)

For me it did. I had a GPA just over 3 as opposed to under. I got accepted with a 3.1 in Econ and 64 8/8/9. Your GPA is lower and the fact that it's under 3.0 is an immediate deal-breaker with some people but Engineering and working your way through college is generally good well upon.

I talked to someone the other day who went to my recruiting office to put in an officer package and the OR turned him away with a 2.9 in Econ, saying it would be a waste of time and effort. But, one again, he was Econ and you're Engineering who worked his way through college.

exNavyOffRec

For me it did. I had a GPA just over 3 as opposed to under. I got accepted with a 3.1 in Econ and 64 8/8/9. Your GPA is lower and the fact that it's under 3.0 is an immediate deal-breaker with some people but Engineering and working your way through college is generally good well upon.

I talked to someone the other day who went to my recruiting office to put in an officer package and the OR turned him away with a 2.9 in Econ, saying it would be a waste of time and effort. But, one again, he was Econ and you're Engineering who worked his way through college.

If you know that guy have him email the OR telling the OR he wants to apply, if he gets an email back saying he won't let him apply he can then contact his congressperson and then that OR's butt will be swinging in the wind, OR's are specifically prohibited from turning away people that meet the program authorization, the ONLY way an OR can turn a person away is if they do not meet the PA or have a legal issue that the manual says is not waiverable.

RobotSailor

Weller-known Member
He didn't literally get turned away, guy just told him that they cold put in an application but there was no way it'd get accepted.

exNavyOffRec

He didn't literally get turned away, guy just told him that they cold put in an application but there was no way it'd get accepted.

I have seen several with GPA's under 3.0 picked up for Pilot, but they had 8 or 9 on the PFAR, if I had a guy that wanted to be a pilot with that GPA I would have him take the test, that way I can give him a better picture.

D

Deleted member 31917

So, around what time can we expect to hear whether or not we were Pro Rec'd? Sorry if the answer can be found somewhere else.

Do high ASTB scores take on weight of lower GPA's?
Also, I still havnt seen anything about pilot quota's for July. Do we have a rough number for pilot spots?

23/M
Non prior
SNA, SNFO,
8/8/9 - OAR: 66
2.8 GPA Texas A&M (Civil Engineering)
Worked two jobs majority of my way through college (including leadership type positions)

I'm in the same position as you. (Isn't it funny how well Ags and Horns get along after graduation?)

23/M
Non prior
SNFO, SWO
OAR: 71 9/8/8
2.7 GPA UT Austin (Finance and Government)
Work experience, organizations, etc

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
I'm in the same position as you. (Isn't it funny how well Ags and Horns get along after graduation?)

23/M
Non prior
SNFO, SWO
OAR: 71 9/8/8
2.7 GPA UT Austin (Finance and Government)
Work experience, organizations, etc

I think you forgot to take into account the superior education that an Aggie receives compared to a t-sip. (just kidding)

No SNA?

I think you forgot to take into account the superior education that an Aggie receives compared to a t-sip. (just kidding)

No SNA?

My eyes are pretty bad, so if I am not selected this time around I will start saving up for PRK. If I can save up enough to pay for the surgery up front to avoid any debt, and the timing of the surgery went well with a board, I would definitely put down SNA.

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
My eyes are pretty bad, so if I am not selected this time around I will start saving up for PRK. If I can save up enough to pay for the surgery up front to avoid any debt, and the timing of the surgery went well with a board, I would definitely put down SNA.

Makes sense. I have 20/30, but I am working two jobs and saving just in case I need PRK for some reason.

Good Luck to you.

steelefx4

28/M/ prior service
SNA/NFO/Intel
B.A. Intelligence Studies, AMU (Graduated May 15 - that's why I'm applying so late...multiple combat deployments takes a toll on getting your degree)
GPA: college: 3.815, highschool: 3.78
ASTB: 7/7/6 57
Active Duty IS1(EXW/SW/AW) have my MTS as well, almost 10 yrs service, currently with SEAL Team FIVE, currently the LPO of the N2 department.
All 10's from my CO, O5, and all three of my appraisals are all 10's as well (CO, O5, of SEAL Team ONE, O4 intel, O3 F18 pilot). Served in an O4 capacity for the last two deployments, hoping that helps me out in the leadership department.

I know my chances are slim for pilot because of my age, even with the age waiver, but not submitting was a 100% chance of non-select. (turn 29 this Dec 7th)

jake

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
I'm trying to be patient for this board but after just missing the last one, I feel like I have been waiting for a long time. With so few spots, I wonder if NavyOffRecruiter would have the number of applicants for this July Pilot/NFO/SWO board?