• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
If you were to get pro rec'ed SNA by the July board, what would an expected/estimated timeline be from board to OCS?

Hey guys, I'm down to my last few days but I'm applying for the July board as well.

26/M
SNA
BS Aviation Technologies 3.3
Airframe & Powerplant Cert
PPL with Instrument rating, 240 hours TT
2 years airline mechanic experience
4 good LOR
ASTB 7/8/7/53

Everyone check back in after the release!

Good luck.

Silhouette

Hello, all.
I'm hoping to make the July boards as well. I have one pressing issue that I'm looking for help with, though. Perhaps NavyOffRec or some other wise soul can help? I just spoke with my OR and asked why my checklist doesn't have the actual "officer programs application" on it -- I actually said OPNAV 1420/1 -- and he said he didn't even know what that was. He said if it isn't on my checklist, I don't need it. I'm really starting to get concerned that even if I provide everything on the checklist he gave me, my package will be incomplete. Am I freaking out for no reason?
He said that my application is the exact same as everyone else's (implying civilians, navy active duty, etc -- I'm active Marine Corps). I can't even identify the checklist he gave me. It says "Officer Candidate School (OCS) application checklist" across the top (which sounds legit), then right below that it has the designators and their codes next to them. After that it says "Attention all NAVCRUITDISTs: Documents should be attached into O'Tools per the WEb OTools Standard Operating Procedures." The first thing on the actual checklist is "Section 2: Basic Application" and starts with application checklist, APSR, EPSQ, etc. At the bottom it says "Rev. 05/27/11." Does this sound familiar to anyone? I feel like I should fill out the 1420/1 anyway just in case...
Sorry for the threadjack. Just trying to get some answers.

Stats:
28/F
NFO/Supply/Intel
BGS Technology, Leadership and Management 3.9 (Grad in Dec.)
ASTB 6/6/6 51
3 great References (former OICs/CO, 0-6, 0-5, 0-6)
1 outstanding interview (NFO O-5) so far- have interviews scheduled with Intel O-5 and O-6 and Supply O-6, O-5, O-5
Great FitReps recommending officer programs
1st class PFT/CFT, higher-than-required swim qual
Quite a few volunteer hours

Good luck everyone!

-S

My application went out to CNRC yesterday, complete with a MEPS PQ. Good luck everyone!

24/M
Non prior
SNA, SNFO, SWO
6/6/6 58
3.5 GPA for a B.S. with honors at big state school
5 LORs, 1 ret Navy LTCDR, 1 ret. Air Force Colonel, 3 former employers
MEPS PQ
Some volunteer stuff, lots of sports etc.

Missed the last board by a few days after a hang up on the application at NRD New England. Looking forward to hearing back on this one.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
Silhouette,

I can only share what I know from doing all of this myself and my conversations with the fleet OCS processer and I am not sure if any of what I am about to write has anything to do with the Marines… having said that I am attaching the checklist I have (from the fleet OCS processor) because it is different then the one for civilians. I am also under the impression that seeing, as you are active duty, you would talk to a career counselor and not an Officer recruiter (but you are in the Marines and I may be way off…)

This checklist has been very helpful and gives some more in-depth requirements then the 1420 in the notes section. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask I will try and help as much as I can. You have some solid scores and a great GPA. I think you will have a good shot at this board, but it’s very important to get your OCS package squared away and I think you have every right to double check and make sure things are they way they should be.

Snapper

Attachments

• OCS checklist.pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 42

Silhouette

Silhouette,

I can only share what I know from doing all of this myself and my conversations with the fleet OCS processer and I am not sure if any of what I am about to write has anything to do with the Marines… having said that I am attaching the checklist I have (from the fleet OCS processor) because it is different then the one for civilians. I am also under the impression that seeing, as you are active duty, you would talk to a career counselor and not an Officer recruiter (but you are in the Marines and I may be way off…)

This checklist has been very helpful and gives some more in-depth requirements then the 1420 in the notes section. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask I will try and help as much as I can. You have some solid scores and a great GPA. I think you will have a good shot at this board, but it’s very important to get your OCS package squared away and I think you have every right to double check and make sure things are they way they should be.

Snapper

Snapper,
Thanks for the response! This checklist looks much better than the one I have. I think I'll do everything on this one in addition to having everything ordered on the one the OR gave me, that way if the first comes back all messed up I can turn it around really fast. Do you know the actual deadline for application submission? I know it's early this month, so I'm pushing to get it done. I shared your thought on the career counselor, but unfortunately I don't have one at my command. I reached out to one I knew back in the day and he pointed me back at the OR.
Once again, thanks for the help.

exNavyOffRec

Hello, all.
I'm hoping to make the July boards as well. I have one pressing issue that I'm looking for help with, though. Perhaps NavyOffRec or some other wise soul can help? I just spoke with my OR and asked why my checklist doesn't have the actual "officer programs application" on it -- I actually said OPNAV 1420/1 -- and he said he didn't even know what that was. He said if it isn't on my checklist, I don't need it. I'm really starting to get concerned that even if I provide everything on the checklist he gave me, my package will be incomplete. Am I freaking out for no reason?
He said that my application is the exact same as everyone else's (implying civilians, navy active duty, etc -- I'm active Marine Corps). I can't even identify the checklist he gave me. It says "Officer Candidate School (OCS) application checklist" across the top (which sounds legit), then right below that it has the designators and their codes next to them. After that it says "Attention all NAVCRUITDISTs: Documents should be attached into O'Tools per the WEb OTools Standard Operating Procedures." The first thing on the actual checklist is "Section 2: Basic Application" and starts with application checklist, APSR, EPSQ, etc. At the bottom it says "Rev. 05/27/11." Does this sound familiar to anyone? I feel like I should fill out the 1420/1 anyway just in case...
Sorry for the threadjack. Just trying to get some answers.

Stats:
28/F
NFO/Supply/Intel
BGS Technology, Leadership and Management 3.9 (Grad in Dec.)
ASTB 6/6/6 51
3 great References (former OICs/CO, 0-6, 0-5, 0-6)
1 outstanding interview (NFO O-5) so far- have interviews scheduled with Intel O-5 and O-6 and Supply O-6, O-5, O-5
Great FitReps recommending officer programs
1st class PFT/CFT, higher-than-required swim qual
Quite a few volunteer hours

Good luck everyone!

-S

the one the OR gave you is the right one, the only ones that do not use this are active USN, they have to use the 1420, we have had active USAF and US Army submit and been selected.

FYI there is no Supply or Intel board for the near future.

Silhouette

NavyOffRec-
Appreciate the clarification. I'm sure it gets old for ORs sometimes when the app paranoia sets in, but I'd rather be sure/get a second opinion than be wishing I had when it comes back. As for the Supply and Intel boards, better to be ready and wait than to be caught off guard! Maybe the NFO powers-that-be will alleviate the waiting issue next month anyway..
Thank you again for lending your expertise/experience.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec-
Appreciate the clarification. I'm sure it gets old for ORs sometimes when the app paranoia sets in, but I'd rather be sure/get a second opinion than be wishing I had when it comes back. As for the Supply and Intel boards, better to be ready and wait than to be caught off guard! Maybe the NFO powers-that-be will alleviate the waiting issue next month anyway..
Thank you again for lending your expertise/experience.

with no board scheduled for Intel and Supply you will be Pro X on those, if they decide to hold a board they will let the NRD's know to start submitting applications and then you will have to resubmit.

Lindy

Nope FY13[...] they have the numbers to meet FY13 IF all pro Y end up signing.

NavyOffRec,
Thank you for your gouge! So are we saying that those of us for this July board wouldn't go to Newport until FY14? I truly hope not! But if it must be, it must.

All,
It seems this is a very competitive board! You all have some terrific LOR's, GPA's & ASTB scores; best of luck to everyone!

Stats:
25/M
Non-Prior
SNA, SNFO, SWO
8/9/8/59
3.1 B.S. UF Sociology
3.5 A.A.S Air Traffic Control
5 LOR's: 1 Air Force Pilot, 1 Ret. West Point Grad, 1 Ret. Army Airborne Officer, professor & employer
Eagle Scout, lots of leadership including sports & church, etc.

--
Lindy

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,
Thank you for your gouge! So are we saying that those of us for this July board wouldn't go to Newport until FY14? I truly hope not! But if it must be, it must.

All,
It seems this is a very competitive board! You all have some terrific LOR's, GPA's & ASTB scores; best of luck to everyone!

Stats:
25/M
Non-Prior
SNA, SNFO, SWO
8/9/8/59
3.1 B.S. UF Sociology
3.5 A.A.S Air Traffic Control
5 LOR's: 1 Air Force Pilot, 1 Ret. West Point Grad, 1 Ret. Army Airborne Officer, professor & employer
Eagle Scout, lots of leadership including sports & church, etc.

--
Lindy

Some numbers changed on Friday, FY 12 NFO goal went up, many reason as to why, but what that means is for FY13 NFO there are some spots, as it appears they took some of the FY13 guys to make FY12 goal, so currently they have a goal of 32 NFO's for FY13 and so far have 26 identified, they always select more than what they need.

Pilots FY 13 goal is 206 and what is identified is 122
SWO FY 13 goal is 133 and what is identified is 121

drevo454

Just got everything in today..
25/M
Pilot/NFO/SWO
7/7/6 60
Aviation Flight Technology Bachelor's 3.26
Master of Science in Technology Studies (aviation tailored) 3.6 - grad Aug. 2012
Commercial/Insrument/Multi-engine 295 TT
Senior Member in the Civil Air Patrol for one year
AFROTC Cadet for a year and a half - also involved in Arnold Air Society
LORs- undergraduate adviser, graduate adviser, flight instructors: Chief and Deputy Chief, 2 Air Force Captains from ROTC, and a Naval Aviator (LT.) who worked in the same ROTC unit I was involved in

My 3rd attempt applying...my packet has come a long way and I am hopeful my persistence will pay off.

D

Deleted member 31917

Thought I should wait until I was sure I have everything in for my application, but I'll post my stats anyway.

25/M
SWO
OAR: 65
B.S. Civil Engineering from University of California, Davis
Working on my Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering at De La Salle University, Manila with a 3.81
Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering/Engineer-in-Training Exam
LORs - 2 churchmates and one instructor I had in a review class
Listed down 2 high school sports for my activities.

This is my first time applying.

deadweather

Pro-Rec SNA & SNFO
Do high ASTB scores take on weight of lower GPA's?
Also, I still havnt seen anything about pilot quota's for July. Do we have a rough number for pilot spots?

23/M
Non prior
SNA, SNFO,
8/8/9 - OAR: 66
2.8 GPA Texas A&M (Civil Engineering)
Worked two jobs majority of my way through college (including leadership type positions)