• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
Is it too soon to already start one of these boards for the July Board? Just missed applying for the April board, but hopeful there will be some SWO positions in July. Considering the idea of applying for Pilot and NFO. We'll see

24/m
non-prior

Just applying for SWO

BS 4.0 - Applied Biological Sciences
MS 4.0 - Geographic Information Systems

OAR 59

A ton of community and university involvement
Long term jobs as well
5 LOR that are very strong

exNavyOffRec

Your actually behind, they have moved up deadlines, I believe the deadline for July board is now June 4th or 11th, and some NRD's require applications in a week or two earlier.

Your academics are great, can't say if or how many SWO positions they will have, I wouldn't bet on many, but again, your academics are great.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
NavyOffRec,

After seeing the high selection rate for pilots on the April board what can we expect for the July board in terms of Pilot/NFO?

V/R,
Daniel

exNavyOffRec

It really depends on how many clear medical, but the NFO quota has dropped, so for NFO really hard to say and many that were selected Pilot were also selected NFO so that is another variable.

I would expect the Pilot spots to drop though as they have selected quite a few already, now the quality of those submitted last time was called out, so if the same thing happens this time a person with a good application should have a decent shot.

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
Thanks for the info. My application is actually complete and ready to submit. I pray my academics and qualifications can find my a '13 fiscal year pro rec.

sunowl

SNFO
Finished up my kit last week to be sent to processor, here's where I'm at:

23/non-prior
SNFO, SWO (no SNA as I'm blind)
56 6/7/6
3.8 B.A. Economics
5 great LORs
1 O-4 Pilot interview which was reportedly outstanding
A couple leadership positions in college, doing some community service leadership now (b/c unemployed)
Great physical shape

Good luck to everyone in on this board!!
We have a lot of hurrying up and waiting to do, not just for the board in July but after that it will probably be a while before those who get picked up actually go to OCS...

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
It really depends on how many clear medical, but the NFO quota has dropped, so for NFO really hard to say and many that were selected Pilot were also selected NFO so that is another variable.

I would expect the Pilot spots to drop though as they have selected quite a few already, now the quality of those submitted last time was called out, so if the same thing happens this time a person with a good application should have a decent shot.
Don't understand the part about NFO quotas dropping (shouldn't be). Since this is the July board, I assume you're still talking FY12 quotas.

exNavyOffRec

Don't understand the part about NFO quotas dropping (shouldn't be). Since this is the July board, I assume you're still talking FY12 quotas.

Nope FY13, FY 12 was a goal of 44, FY13 has a goal of 32 and according to the latest report sent out they have the numbers to meet FY13 IF all pro Y end up signing.

In general FY 12 spots were done in January, a few were taken in the April board but those were rush jobs, an FY 12 quota would need to be commissioned by Oct 1, so they need to be in OCS by early July, so essentially April is the last month a person can be selected and still make it to OCS in time.

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
FY13 goal should not be so low - equal to FY12 at worst. My guess is quotas are being held back until the FY13 accession plan is signed.

I knew that the 8July class was the last to make FY12 numbers - not sure why I posted differently. Thanks for clarifying.

exNavyOffRec

FY13 goal should not be so low - equal to FY12 at worst. My guess is quotas are being held back until the FY13 accession plan is signed.

The drop wasn't that much number wise, but by percentage yes, even so they would only need to select about two dozen more to ensure goal is met if the ones already pro y follow through.

That is what was thought last year but it didn't happen, they have been shifting enough SNA to SNFO at OCS who end up not being qualified to be SNA that they were able to get by without increasing goal, these numbers are what was provided from NPC to NRC, if any adjustments are made they would probably be in Jan 2013 after they see how many have signed papers and how SNA/SNFO OCS attrition is going.

Snappers

FS SNA - OCS 02 Dec 2012
Received my ASTB scores today and my stats are as follows:

26/Male/Active Duty
AWR2 Search and Rescue Crew Chief 1,100 hours SH60B/F
Applying Pilot only
ASTB 7/8/8/58
BS in Psychology at UMUC - GPA 3.488(did all of my college on Active Duty)
Evals MP,EP,P(4 months on station),#3MP
Currently IA in Kuwait
Over 150 hours volunteer time at the USO and other organizations
5 Interviews / 2 Letters of recommendation (all great write-ups)
Last Three PRT’s Outstanding Low/Excellent/Outstanding

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
...these numbers are what was provided from NPC to NRC...
I'm that guy at NPC - which is why I was confused by the decreasing numbers. Of course, I don't see the internal mechanics at CNRC and how they meet the quota requirement. As long as the "outs" are good I don't need to see the sausage making.

exNavyOffRec

I'm that guy at NPC - which is why I was confused by the decreasing numbers. Of course, I don't see the internal mechanics at CNRC and how they meet the quota requirement. As long as the "outs" are good I don't need to see the sausage making.

I wonder if the number decrease was strictly from what has been happening at OCS and having to redesignate people from SNA to SNFO, the number is low and it is reasonable that about a dozen SNA would have to switch to SNFO each year at OCS

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
I wonder if the number decrease was strictly from what has been happening at OCS and having to redesignate people from SNA to SNFO, the number is low and it is reasonable that about a dozen SNA would have to switch to SNFO each year at OCS
It is certainly reasonable and we factor that in by taking risk on NFO accessions in the initial quota development - anticipating that some SNAs will NPQ to SNFO throughout the accession cycle.

Crain

OCS Nov 11th Pro-Rec SNA July 2012
This will be the first pilot board that I will go up for. If you were to get pro rec'ed by this board what would an expected/estimated timeline be from board to OCS? I am going for SNA and SNFO and just started the application process not to long ago.

24/M/non-prior
SNA/SNFO
BS in Econ and Leadership 3.7 gpa Texas A&M
ASTB 7/7/8/58

Lots of leadership experience in college and great jobs since graduating. Passed a flight physical back in 2010 when I applied for Marine OCC but isnt valid any more. Had PRK in Jan 2011. Working in the private sector wasnt all its cracked out to be.