• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

bottlenose

Ok, i was curious because I hope that it wouldnt happen to me. I was informed a week ago by my OR that my package had been scanned and sent to CNRC electronically. I am assuming that its there and should be looked at in July and that is also what my OR told me. But every now and then i read how peoples applications get rolled and I wanted to know why would that happen. Thanks for the insight.

Guppie15

pro-rec SWO
I kept getting rolled because I enlisted first and am in the DEP and they did my NASIS. Come to find out, it had lots of inconsistencies with my app and errors. I finally got access to the NASIS and fixed it myself, but it took months for me to get access to it. Something about getting permission from the enlisted side for me to get the password to access NASIS.

Didn't really care to know specifically what happened, just wanted to know what to do to fix it. Now its fixed, so my app should get reviewed for July.

cadegrazia

I think I'll be reviewed in July

Stats
-First Choice: SWO Second Choice: Intel
-ASTB: 55
-GPA 3.154 James Madison University (VA)
-Double Major: Political Science & Economics
-6 LOR: Congressional aide, Retired Navy Captain, 4 former employers
-Other: Youth Group President, Active volunteer for last 8 years, Honors Fraternity, Business Fraternity (leadership positions in both fraternities), elected to student government in college, Paid Obama campaign staffer

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
I think I'll be reviewed in July

Stats
-First Choice: SWO Second Choice: Intel
-ASTB: 55
-GPA 3.154 James Madison University (VA)
-Double Major: Political Science & Economics
-6 LOR: Congressional aide, Retired Navy Captain, 4 former employers
-Other: Youth Group President, Active volunteer for last 8 years, Honors Fraternity, Business Fraternity (leadership positions in both fraternities), elected to student government in college, Paid Obama campaign staffer

Did you go to high school in Vienna, cadegrazia? I am from Vienna - went to Marshall.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Pill_Hacker said:
Is there something on your SF86 that would warrant extra attention? I can't recall seeing someone being contacted before even being seen by a selection board. Perhaps I have just missed these occurrences, though.
I had to do such an interview.

Are you a fan of the United States? Did you lie on your form?

The correct answers are yes and no. Hopefully you aren't trying to become a Naval officer if you feel differently, so in my experience the interview is no big deal.

cpabel

Hi guys, second attempt here.

25/M
ASTB: 60 6/6/6
Degree: Interdisciplinary Studies (Theology) 3.5 GPA
PRT: Excellent High
Interviews: O-3 Intelligence Officer, O-6 XO
Recommendations: Navy O-6 (retired), 3 Professors,
Applying for: Intel/NFO/SWO

I want Intel badly, but the competition is ridiculous! Master's degrees, foreign language proficiency, and classified/secret clearance! This is harder than I thought!

Chris

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
What up everyone,

I'm up for July boards as well.

24/M (Although will be 25 on June 29 :))
1st Choice: SNA
2nd Choice: NFO
3rd Choice: SWO

B.S.E in Aerospace Engineering from Univ. of Michigan
Current M.S. student in Aerospace Engineering Sciences @ CU Boulder
GPA: 3.54
ASTB: 62 6/6/6
LOR: My current Advisor/Former Astronaut Candidate Finalist
My secondary Advisor/Former Astronaut & Naval Pilot
Fraternity Headquarters National President
Family Friend who's known me for 15 years
PRT: Good Medium

If accepted, I'll be leaving my Master's program to enter the Navy early and finish my degree later.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys, I thought I was in for June but when I called today my recruiter today he said they guaranteed him I'd be seen in July. So here are my stats... (again lol)

22 Female, SNA Only
graduated may 09, UND
6/5/4 44 ATSB
3.5 Commercial Aviation
545 total hours on app, though I have more by now
CFII and MEI - hired at UND while still a student
Second job as Supervisor of Flight at UND
While in school I was president of Women in Aviation and Phi Eta Sigma
received an aviation scholarship for 3 out of 4 years
AFROTC as a freshman - received cadet of the month twice and had a leadership position
Submitting paperwork for MEPS tomorrow, prt will be in the next couple of weeks

Good luck everyone!! :)

CTag

Does anyone know when the cutoff for the July board is in terms of having your application in? I didn't get selected for June and would like to re-apply for July.

bottlenose

If I remember reading correctly its good to wait at least 2 boards before you reapply. But to answer your question, this is just speculation but probably July 1st.

SWOHopeful

Does anyone know when the cutoff for the July board is in terms of having your application in? I didn't get selected for June and would like to re-apply for July.

As you need to make significant changes to your package the soonest for you is probably august. Now with that in mind, just keep pushing and you will be where you need to be. I was a non-select in April and I'm going to be seen in July (I hope).

runron

Hello everyone, I just found out my application was not considered for June since the deadline was June 1st (my application was submitted on June 2nd) It's funny because yesterday I waited all day for the phone call to find out my application wasn't even reviewed...I guess I should have called my OR earlier to check if I made the list, but at least now I know for sure July will be the month, and all I have to do now is to play the waiting game all over again.

BDCP/OCS:

SNA only
23 m
ASTB 6/6/7 49
GPA 3.81 B.S. Logistics Management(ERAU)
4 LORs from my flight instructor, employer, and two professors
Flight time: 33 hours (Cessna 172, Class C Airspace)
Dean's List, Honor Roll
PRT: 102 curl ups/ 82 push ups/ 9:50 1.5 miles