• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

riceowls

Going for the July boards

SNA/NFO/SWO
23/M
2.69 GPA in Political Science from Rice University
5/5/5 51 - ASTB
4 year division 1 football starter at Rice
3 LOR
PRT: 100Push ups/90Sit ups/10.17 RUN

If anyone has any advice on anything I would love to hear it..

SWOHopeful

Going for the July boards

SNA/NFO/SWO
23/M
2.69 GPA in Political Science from Rice University
5/5/5 51 - ASTB
4 year division 1 football starter at Rice
3 LOR
PRT: 100Push ups/90Sit ups/10.17 RUN

If anyone has any advice on anything I would love to hear it..

What position did you play>?

niktam

Rice I feel your pain, the whole 235lb wt limit for ejection seat safety concerns was a real kick in the balls.

Willyb153

Hey, I'm applying for SWO and up for the July board. Yesterday, I got a call from USIS, the company who conducts background checks, setting up an interview to discuss my SF86. Has anyone else had an interview and is this standard procedure? I can't help but worry a little because my recruiter never mentioned anything about this. Thanks.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
I'd say, just make sure all the dead hookers are out of your trunk for before the interview.

and sorry for the useless advice. How long between when you submitted your app and when you got the call? I am curious if I should be expecting one as well...

Willyb153

No, all the dead hookers and MIP (minor in possession of alcohol) were accounted for in my application and SF86. I got a speeding ticket a few years back I didn't write down, however, I wouldn't think it would warrant an interview. It's on Monday morning so I will keep you updated...

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
heeeeey another person with a MIP on the record. Let's hope that isn't all it takes to get an interview - otherwise I will definitely get that pleasure. Unfortunately I had to admit to trying pot a few times in college too.

I know they don't care about dead hookers, but I hope they can look past the other stuff.

blarged

ready
I know they don't care about dead hookers, but I hope they can look past the other stuff.

Joke around all ya want ... but come time for your security investigation and they start asking you questions about "dead hookers". Let's hope they find it just as funny.

Honestly, I have no idea if my TS/SSBI will delve far enough as to be reading individual posts on AW, but I'll be keeping humor clean just in case.

Does make me wonder though, my blog is over 250 posts from the past 2ish years of not-short posts. I feel sorry for the person doing the investigation if they have to read into me that closely.

Willyb153

One of my friends just got pro-rec'd for supply last month and he had an MIP (at least 1 - not sure if any additional arrests). I don't think he had an interview. I'm still trying to get in touch with him, but good to know the MIP didn't hold him back.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Joke around all ya want ... but come time for your security investigation and they start asking you questions about "dead hookers". Let's hope they find it just as funny.

Honestly, I have no idea if my TS/SSBI will delve far enough as to be reading individual posts on AW, but I'll be keeping humor clean just in case.

Does make me wonder though, my blog is over 250 posts from the past 2ish years of not-short posts. I feel sorry for the person doing the investigation if they have to read into me that closely.

if my security clearance is going to come down to dead hooker jokes, I have got a lot more to worry about than what I have said on AW...four years of being in a Fraternity in the age of Facebook leads to a colorful public record

blarged

ready
if my security clearance is going to come down to dead hooker jokes, I have got a lot more to worry about than what I have said on AW...four years of being in a Fraternity in the age of Facebook leads to a colorful public record

That's fine, it is your personal call. I'm just saying I personally have no idea what the folks doing my security clearance will be looking at, so why chance anything? I am by nature more reserved though, so it might be just my way of thinking.

Guppie15

pro-rec SWO
Okay so after many months of my app getting rolled, I am in the July boards. Here are my stats:

23/F
1st Choice: SWO
2nd Choice: Supply
B.A. in Sociology
GPA: 2.67
ASTB: 4/4/4/43

OR says I am in for sure, so hopefully no more problems come up.

blarged

ready
why would an application get rolled if they dont have limits anymore of how many they can take per month?

warning: this post is pretty much entirely speculation

IMO what seems to happen ...

An OR might tell you that you will be seen because you submitted your package to him/her/processor before the end of the month deadline. But then either your OR or processor or FedEx take longer than expected to get the package to its final destination. Then the OR just tells you it was rolled, when it actually hadn't gotten there in time.

In other rare cases that I have read about here on AW ...

A package has been 'tabled', which means that the board looked at the package, but wants to look at it again the next month against some different packages. Good candidate, but tough competition, so check again the next month. I heard this a few times back in March I believe it was.

All-in-all I think the 'rolled' concept is largely based on your OR. In the two times I submitted my package, my recruiter was very straight-forward with me with regards to what was needed and where my package was. The months that he told me we were submitting for, were indeed the months that my package was seen.

Hope that helps.