• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 Board Final Selects

Evan Pappas

Who here, besides me, is still waiting on their FINSEL letters even after being PQ'd w/ open investigation?

Quick question: Will the Navy delay my FINSEL since I told them that I am currently working on a master's even though I have every intention of putting it hold to get into the Navy? I even told my OR during the process of building my OCS packet, "I can ship out today if I had too!" So my availability should be wide open in their system... I hope...

Same boat. Been PQ'd since May and completed the findocs the day after I found out I was pro-rec'd. Hopefully we hear soon.

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
Who here, besides me, is still waiting on their FINSEL letters even after being PQ'd w/ open investigation?

I am as well. Was PQ'd about a month ago, and my recruiter told me not to expect anything until the FY rolled over. Couple that with apparent understaffing and backups at OCS, I'm not expecting to make it to Newport until December at the earliest. Hurry and wait hurry and wait.

Navy Ship, you do not need to be PQ'd for the selection board. I got a pro-rec for SNA/NFO a month before I was even scheduled for a physical.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I'm currently in college and trying to get selected for OCS. My eyesight is not good enough to get a PQ for Aviation.

I am getting PRK / LASIK, but i'd prefer to wait a few more months. So for now, I'd like to submit and see if I get in. Then I can go ahead and get PRK / LASIK.

So do you need a PQ just to apply to the board for OCS selection?
You can apply for board prior to getting physical complete. As far as how it would work with getting LASIK/PRK... I have seen some mention it but hopefully someone with good gouge can chime in. I can't really give any good advice on the civilian application side for the eye issue.

Z0gsxr

Quick question: Will the Navy delay my FINSEL since I told them that I am currently working on a master's even though I have every intention of putting it hold to get into the Navy? I even told my OR during the process of building my OCS packet, "I can ship out today if I had too!" So my availability should be wide open in their system... I hope...

Same boat, I passed MEPS in May, was selected in the July board for SNA/NFO. I signed those papers consenting to a credit check, and the background search the day after being notified of selection(I think it was 3 signature pages? Does that sound right?) My OR and I talked last week, apparently something happened and my background was never started... So on tuesday, 09/23 I re-signed a new set and sent them back... Up until a week ago I was fully expecting a FINSEL letter on the 20th, especially considering others from the same board had already received them along with OCS dates.... Now im stressing the situation.

I know it depends, but how long should a background take approximately? Will my recruiter definitely be able to see when my background is open?

I just want that FINSEL letter and an OCS date... I feel like my future, and of course the stress of preparing to leave is hanging on a phone call from the OR...

Also, I aged out for SNA by not getting an OCS date prior to mid september... Is this EVER overlooked? Or is there any waivers or other means to keep my spot as SNA?

Navy Ship

You can apply for board prior to getting physical complete. As far as how it would work with getting LASIK/PRK... I have seen some mention it but hopefully someone with good gouge can chime in. I can't really give any good advice on the civilian application side for the eye issue.

Do you know how long you can take before getting a fs letter. PRK takes 6 months waiting time. Would I lose the "Pro-Rec" if I waited too long?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I believe you need your PRK before you apply. Then you have to wait 6 months for your physical which you need to get to obtain a PQ. Your PQ is needed if you are to become PRO Y to get a FINSEL.

Jason Nowak

Talked to my recruiter today, they said so many SNA/SNFOs they are trying to thin out the cconcentration at OCS of SNAs, weather true or not. Not sure. Just information. Hope it helps.

Z0gsxr

Hey... Question for you guys... How many of you had an interview for a clearance? I had mine today....

If you had an interview, when was it? (How long after selection)

Thanks!

JULIET_SIERRA

FINSEL: 07-14 OCS (SNA)
I just got an email from my OR saying that he was informed the shutdown has closed sections of the final documents office that issue the final selection letters and they will not be issuing letters until the government re-opens...

I just got an email from my OR saying that he was informed the shutdown has closed sections of the final documents office that issue the final selection letters and they will not be issuing letters until the government re-opens...

Can anyone else confirm this? Just want to make sure. I don't want to freak out about it.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
I feared as such. Oh well more time to get my swim stamina up. I also started ground school and plan to take a few hours of flight lessons while I wait for that elusive FS letter.