• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
do not speak such heresy, brother
the only thing keeping me sane is the thought that other people haven't heard anything yet either :confused:

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Seems to be the same handful of us lingering about here lately so hopefully our day will come soon. None of us have any outstanding issues other than just needing a date.

MrFiveOh

SNA 28/M Prior Army FS DEC8 OCS
I am also in the dark... Was medi-cleared back in late August and been in a holding pattern since. I've checked in with my OR several times since then and he says he's still waiting on a response too. I think NRC is holding back on allowing new contracts to be signed until the government gets back online. I'm sure a lot of us who are still waiting were prolly pretty close to getting dates before the budget disappeared.

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
Keep your heads up, you're through the hardest part (notwithstanding OCS itself, right?).

There could be a lot of reasons why NRC is taking its time, but I don't believe the shutdown is one of them. Both my friend (who is going enlisted in nuclear propulsion) and myself have gotten dates after the shutdown started. The DoD is opertational for the most part. But I could be dead wrong, NRC may be a ghostown. I was certainly happy that the civilian workers came back, the army owed me a fat mileage check from this summer still!

Hopefully everyone will hear soon, I wanna know who my fellow classmates are! Also, hard to believe, but class 01-14, which started two days after the July board has already graduated. Seems like that was a lifetime ago, anxiously awaiting contact from our ORs about board results.

Last edited:

JULIET_SIERRA

FINSEL: 07-14 OCS (SNA)
Keep your heads up, you're through the hardest part (notwithstanding OCS itself, right?).

There could be a lot of reasons why NRC is taking its time, but I don't believe the shutdown is one of them. Both my friend (who is going enlisted in nuclear propulsion) and myself have gotten dates after the shutdown started. The DoD is opertational for the most part. But I could be dead wrong, NRC may be a ghostown. I was certainly happy that the civilian workers came back, the army owed me a fat mileage check from this summer still!

Hopefully everyone will hear soon, I wanna know who my fellow classmates are! Also, hard to believe, but class 01-14, which started two days after the July board has already graduated. Seems like that was a lifetime ago, anxiously awaiting contact from our ORs about board results.
If you don't mind me asking, did you and your friend both receive just a date (unofficially) or a FS letter with a date (officially)? I'm just curious bc my OR keeps telling me that NRC is not issuing FS letters until the shutdown ends, yet he unofficially told me 17 Nov 13 class, dependent on receiveing a FS letter by then. Thanks in advance!

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
If you don't mind me asking, did you and your friend both receive just a date (unofficially) or a FS letter with a date (officially)? I'm just curious bc my OR keeps telling me that NRC is not issuing FS letters until the shutdown ends, yet he unofficially told me 17 Nov 13 class, dependent on receiveing a FS letter by then. Thanks in advance!

I received my class date (09-14, 12 Jan 2014) first on 3 October, and my FINSEL was sent to my OR on 7 October. FWIW, I'm in NRD Raleigh. I signed my contract and swore in on the 9th.

As for my friend, I don't know what his dates are, and he's going enlisted as well, so that may make a difference. But he went to MEPS and signed his contract and swore in after I did so.

Evan Pappas

I know some form of this question has been posted several times and I know that there are others out there still waiting on FINSELs, but was there anyone that was PQ'd BEFORE the board and is still waiting for an OCS date?

eddieoctane

My recruiter said that my paperwork status is "Program Manager's Desk for signature". Can anyone explain what exactly that means? Does this mean the security clearance, physical, and whatnot are all in good order and I'm just waiting for a procedural rubber stamp?

ctm214

As much as I love this website I cannot wait until I no longer need to frantically check it for updates. Still waiting for Final Select news from Philly NRD.