• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets make you poo

sundevil_av8r

pilot
do navy jets ever fly over germany? or was that possibly an air force jet? at the end you hear them talk about contacting frankfurt.

sundevil_av8r

pilot
I've seen Navy VR aircraft represented at Frankfurt (do you mean Rhein-Main ??) everytime I went through there flying CRAF during Gulf 1.

i wasnt really asking about an airport/airbase as much as the airspace. i just noticed that the wso said contact frankfurt so I figured that meant approach. i know that naval logistics aircraft can possibly be anywhere around the world but was specifically asking about VA squadrons since this was obviously an aircraft with a front and back configuration.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i wasnt really asking about an airport/airbase as much as the airspace. i just noticed that the wso said contact frankfurt so I figured that meant approach. i know that naval logistics aircraft can possibly be anywhere around the world but was specifically asking about VA squadrons since this was obviously an aircraft with a front and back configuration.

This post makes no sense to me - none at all.

Brett

sundevil_av8r

pilot
sorry... i meant vfa. i know not all of them are two seaters but a lot are.

and i said wso because it was mentioned it was a f15e and that is what they call the backseater.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
I had a flight instructor for my private lic that told me on one of his flights, he couldn't hold it in any longer, but was in a Cessna over 10,000ft at night. So he turned on the autopilot (now he's around 300lbs) opens the side window (which opens from the bottom and only opens about 4 inches), finds a way to put it out of the window and goes.

He landed the plane and noticed the slipstream caused it to wrap and freeze around the sides of the airplane. He also complained about "severe pains" for weeks because apparently "it" had gotten very cold.

Of course this made me a little nervous for my first solo x-c flight....

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had a flight instructor for my private lic that told me on one of his flights, he couldn't hold it in any longer, but was in a Cessna over 10,000ft at night. So he turned on the autopilot (now he's around 300lbs) opens the side window (which opens from the bottom and only opens about 4 inches), finds a way to put it out of the window and goes.

He landed the plane and noticed the slipstream caused it to wrap and freeze around the sides of the airplane. He also complained about "severe pains" for weeks because apparently "it" had gotten very cold.

Of course this made me a little nervous for my first solo x-c flight....

Confess...
Was this guy you?

millerjd

Stayin' alive
No. I don't think I would have much chance at being chosen for SNA or NFO if I was around 300lbs. I had to deal with his complaints while trying to learn, so he had to tell me what the deal was. The plane I was being trained in was tandem seating, and had a stick, no autopilot, so if I were to attempt this, I'd have to open the canopy, probably find some way to secure the stick and try not to knock it while going. Nice try though =0)

narfmasta

Found this on another forum.

Piddle pack incident

Sometime before 1991, a pilot of an F-16 had to 'use the rest room' at 28,000 feet somewhere over the Mojave Desert. A piddle pack is a sponge filled plastic pouch, designed especially for this purpose. The pilot reported that he unfastened his seatbelt and was raising himself up to use the piddle pack when the plane began to swing to the right. He tried to regain control of the aircraft, but could not. He ejected around 7,000 feet.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Wouldn't "unfastening his seatbelt" be a problem during ejection? And why wouldn't he engage the autopilot? I'm thinking this might be a product of the internet...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wouldn't "unfastening his seatbelt" be a problem during ejection? And why wouldn't he engage the autopilot? I'm thinking this might be a product of the internet...

Concur. Those fancy FBW F-16s tend to not spontaneously go OCF.

Brett

Chubby

I have, however, seen the HUD tape of a guy who zipped himself up a little too quickly ... catching certain parts ... and damn near goes OCF trying to extricate himself all the while screaming like a girl. It's actually kind of disturbing in a sadistically funny way. I saw it at the squadron, I can't seem to find it on the internet, but I'll keep looking.