• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jets make you poo

narfmasta

Concur. Those fancy FBW F-16s tend to not spontaneously go OCF.

Brett

taken from another forum
I can tell you that happened when I was stationed in Aviano Italy. he pilot was from Spangdahlem Germany and the lap belt impeded the side stick controller while he was raising the seat. I was on the investigation team for engine shop. He ejected due to an uncontrollable rolling of the aircraft.

he posted this link too
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-661-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-0.html

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Hey where is my post where I'm bickering with another member about nothing to do with the topic?"

deleted.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett,

If he had "unstrapped" isn't he also unhooking himself from the seat?

Well, it depends on what they mean by unstrapped, and there the different services might have different meanings. When I say unstrapped, I mean that I have disconnected the Koch fittings on my harness from the seat, meaning that if the seat fires, I will not be attached to it or my parachute. Now, I could also loosen my lap belt if I needed a little maneuvering room, but I'd still be attached to the seat. Now, I've never been in an F-16 and I know that their seat-aircrew connection system works a little differently than ours, but if the guy was discombobulated in the cockpit to the extent that he got his lap belt tangled in his stick (no not that stick), then he was probably an idiot and deserved what he got. Moral of the story, learn to pee while sitting down. :D

Brett

Steve Davies

Aviation Writer & Photographer
. Moral of the story, learn to pee while sitting down. :D

Brett

Not so easy in the Viper - the seat is reclined 30 degrees, so you effectively have to piss uphill. This guy undid his lap belt presumably so that he could elevate his hips to let him piss on the level or downhill.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Not so easy in the Viper - the seat is reclined 30 degrees, so you effectively have to piss uphill. This guy undid his lap belt presumably so that he could elevate his hips to let him piss on the level or downhill.

That's easy to overcome. Just pitch the nose down >30 degrees and piss. If you're close enough to the ground then you'll just piss yourself anyway. Duh.:D

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Or he could learn to power piss in a 45 degree dive.... :)

MasterBates

I still have not pissed in the -45.. I think I would have to thread my junk thru the ejection handle to swing it..

I have a hard enough time going suited up in a normal urinal.. I'll just hold it for the 2 hours.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had a guy crap himself during a night hop on cruise.....He asked for an Emergency Pull Forward and got it. He told the CATTC Rep he had a "Feltzer Valve Failure" which is code for bodily function problem. We named him "DOOKIE" for about two weeks. Oh the fun we have on cruise.

-ea6bflyr ;)

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
I still have not pissed in the -45.. I think I would have to thread my junk thru the ejection handle to swing it..

I have a hard enough time going suited up in a normal urinal.. I'll just hold it for the 2 hours.

Two hours!!! Did they add drop tanks to the -45? You're logging a 1.4 if you're fat fingering. Oh, yeah, and I never could go in the aircraft. Total mental block. I have a few 5+ hour missions sans relief. This topic was discussed in the ready room and another, more senior pilot shared his same block. . . until the event.

He claims that he had to go so bad during Desert Storm that he put the jet on Autopilot, totally unstrapped, un-geared, stood on the seat hunched over with his back pressed against the canopy and crapped in a helmet bag. Says from that day, peeing was a breeze.

KBayDog

Is this thread going to be resurrected between the last week of January and second week of February every year?

MasterBates

Cosmo, I was talking total of 2.0 in the seat. I have logged 1.6, but that was blast to FL410, and glide the whole way down.