• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

Charity

Final Select SNA
Anything we're "really" going to need will be issued to us. The stuff in the list will be fine.

All the other stuff that I listed and what you find by perusing the site..are "nice to haves".

We will have an opportunity pretty soon to go to the Navy Exchange and purchase things that will be needed. I believe they will also issue some pain killers as well. That's why we cannot bring stuff with us.

Also, wear tennis shoes when you report, don't worry about civilian clothing really...if you "must", I guess bring a couple shirts and pants but we won't see them until we graduate anyway I suppose.

Oh, okay thanks. I have orthotics so how do I prove those were prescribed to me? I have my purchase reciept from the doctor I got them from but not sure what exactly I need to prove the were prescribed. Without the orthotics I won't make it through OCS. Not trying to be negative but my feet are messed up.

Inexorable

Sitting in Purgatory
Oh, okay thanks. I have orthotics so how do I prove those were prescribed to me? I have my purchase reciept from the doctor I got them from but not sure what exactly I need to prove the were prescribed. Without the orthotics I won't make it through OCS. Not trying to be negative but my feet are messed up.

I don't know for sure, but you should probably get an official note/script from your doctor prescribing them. Worst case, call your doctor and see if he or she can send you a copy of the prescription.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Maybe even have your OR write something up along with the doctor prescribed information. People who NEED things should be allowed to have them.

Charity

Final Select SNA
My doc is writing a letter for me to prove I need the orthotics. I have a leg length discrepancy, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Have you guys memorized all the stuff we need to memorize? I'm working on it, so hopefully I can get it down by then. My last day at work is tomorrow, so I should have a little more time after that. I really need to work on yelling because I have a VERY soft voice. You guys are going to laugh at me when you hear me try to yell...lol

DFSpence

My doc is writing a letter for me to prove I need the orthotics. I have a leg length discrepancy, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Have you guys memorized all the stuff we need to memorize? I'm working on it, so hopefully I can get it down by then. My last day at work is tomorrow, so I should have a little more time after that. I really need to work on yelling because I have a VERY soft voice. You guys are going to laugh at me when you hear me try to yell...lol

I haven't started memorizing anything. I'll save that for the long boring drive - I'm all about multitasking. :icon_tong

Charity

Final Select SNA
Does anyone know what our class number is? I have the OCS address without the class number. Also, if we buy an iron, starch, etc., is that stuff that we will need to keep in a car at first? Are we allowed to take cell phones or should we just get a calling card? Sorry about all the questions, just trying to get it all sorted out.

Charity

Final Select SNA
another question...will i be able to purchase an ironing board once i get there? obviously, i don't want to take one on the plane.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
another question...will i be able to purchase an ironing board once i get there? obviously, i don't want to take one on the plane.

These are "nice to haves". There will be irons and ironing boards at OCS...but in a limited capacity.

I'm bringing both with plenty of starch. We will all be trying to get through RLP (the big inspection) together so it is not every man for themselves. We will share and help each other out.

Charity

Final Select SNA
These are "nice to haves". There will be irons and ironing boards at OCS...but in a limited capacity.

I'm bringing both with plenty of starch. We will all be trying to get through RLP (the big inspection) together so it is not every man for themselves. We will share and help each other out.

Cool, that's good to hear, lots of teamwork is what it's all about.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Oh, and I'm definitely bringing an iron and starch and maybe a few other things that will need to stay in a vehicle. So, I'll be looking for a car to put those things in.

DFSpence

Just went nuts at Target today and bought nearly everything on Leviticus' page 31 list plus bodyglide and a few other things.

Just to confirm, crew socks are the socks that go about halfway up the calf right? I assume they are pretty firm on this, which would rule out ankle high socks. Also, every list I have read just states 'white underwear' not specifically boxers or briefs. Do they allow boxer briefs? I think that will cut down on chafing.