• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

Charity

Final Select SNA
Has anyone heard anything from their OR about the numbers? Just wondering, and hoping some of those are BDCP. I will not call my OR today since I called him yesterday, but I'm on pins and needles!! Does anyone have any idea how many slots still need to be filled for FY 09?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Has anyone heard anything from their OR about the numbers? Just wondering, and hoping some of those are BDCP. I will not call my OR today since I called him yesterday, but I'm on pins and needles!! Does anyone have any idea how many slots still need to be filled for FY 09?

I've spoken to a couple of recruiters on here...and from seeing all the previous month's selection boards I can only draw one conclusion.

They aren't going to swamp themselves with tons of apps, they are going to keep it manageable. Take that for what it's worth.

I would also advise everyone to just wait and let the word come out that the results are out before calling the recruiters. Also, I would suspect getting a phone call from your OR telling you the good news would be more gratifying.

NavySailor

Having two years experience, I imagine that Millington will not release the results until all of the applicants' orders are written and official. This process takes time.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Having two years experience, I imagine that Millington will not release the results until all of the applicants' orders are written and official. This process takes time.

The other threads people seemed to have found out around the 20th or thereabouts. Some didn't even get word until 10 or 11 pm.

We wouldn't receive "written orders" until after we are final selected. Then we would receive our OCS date. This shouldn't be that intensive, this step is more like an invitation to join the respective communities.

NavySailor

The other threads people seemed to have found out around the 20th or thereabouts. Some didn't even get word until 10 or 11 pm.

We wouldn't receive "written orders" until after we are final selected. Then we would receive our OCS date. This shouldn't be that intensive, this step is more like an invitation to join the respective communities.

I can tell you that officers (previously enlisted) I have talked to found out before their command by checking their orders on bupers. Even if they declined, the orders would still be written. If we were looked at during the same board, then I doubt your results would come out before or after mine.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Are ORs working at 10 pm? That just seems weird to get a call so late.

You must be new to the OCS Board extravaganza, right? The recruiters and candidates alike are (usually) excited to hear who got picked up, and they'll go to the end of the earth for any snippet of info about their packets. If they can find out at 10pm today versus 8am tomorrow, it's worth it.

Besides, they don't want you to go out to celebrate and drink it up at 8am....the bars stay open late for a reason.....

swerdna

None
Contributor
You must be new to the OCS Board extravaganza, right? The recruiters and candidates alike are (usually) excited to hear who got picked up, and they'll go to the end of the earth for any snippet of info about their packets. If they can find out at 10pm today versus 8am tomorrow, it's worth it.

Besides, they don't want you to go out to celebrate and drink it up at 8am....the bars stay open late for a reason.....

I'll drink to that!

Charity

Final Select SNA
My OR called today and I was all excited. It turns out he just called to tell me that he talked to Shreveport MEPS and I'm qualified. I was flippin' out over the heart murmur that kept me from being qualified by MEPS. But, like Sooner has said, NAMI is the physical that actually matters. He said no results from the boards yet, he just checked (this was at about 2:30), hopefully tomorrow. AHHHHHH!!!!