• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

Charity

Final Select SNA
Since I'm crazy I called my OR today and he actually answered. He said there are 100 applicants for NFO this month and 80 or 88 for SNA. That's a lot! He checked results while I was on the phone and nothing yet. I'm sooooo nervous!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Since I'm crazy I called my OR today and he actually answered. He said there are 100 applicants for NFO this month and 80 or 88 for SNA. That's a lot! He checked results while I was on the phone and nothing yet. I'm sooooo nervous!

Did he say if those totals also included the BDCP folks? I guess the 50 per board quota stopped this month. That is a sh!t ton. Maybe they have a lot so they can fill the rest of the FY' 09 slots...who knows. I'm not BDCP by the way, just trying to see why the high numbers.

Charity

Final Select SNA
I asked him about the 50 apps per board rule and he said as far as he knows that's only for SWO. He said the only reason there are so many this month is because there were no boards in Dec.

euclid83

FS SNA

If this is true then hopefuly they'll pro-rec the same percentage of applicants as they would any other month. Doesnt hardly seem fair that they would turn down a large amount of people just because they had an over abundace of applications for the month.

nugget61

pilot
about what % do they usually end up taking?
There's no set number, it all depends on the quality of the packages. If everyone's awesome and they have room then they all get in; if all the packages suck then none of them will get in.
I know the wait's killing you, but I can say that it seems most of the people on AW get in for SNA/SNFO in their first or second go.

thanks nugget, i'm hoping it's the first time. luckily this week i have some stuff to do to make it go by a lil less slower

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I'm nervous for all of you too...if only it were because my package was in. I guess I get to worry about it for another month or two.

I'm interested in the numbers reviewed this month for both BDCP and straight OCS, as I've always heard the 1st 50 applicant rule was in effect - but only for regular applicants. Those numbers listed (100 NFO, 80 SNA) are about average for regular months, so I figured this month (with no December board) would've had about 120+ for each.

Anyways, good luck to all of you. I wish I was joining you, but I have a treadmill calling my name...I've lost some body mass (my jeans that were 2 inches too small a month ago now fall off), but only 7 pounds - not enough weight to meet regs in time for this board. So I have to wait until February (45 days since MEPS) to redo the body fat estimate and FINALLY submit my packet.

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
So, anyone thinking tomorrow is our day!? Again, good luck to all of you. Hopefully we'll all get our selections and never have to worry about applying for OCS again. :D

Did he say if those totals also included the BDCP folks? I guess the 50 per board quota stopped this month. That is a sh!t ton. Maybe they have a lot so they can fill the rest of the FY' 09 slots...who knows. I'm not BDCP by the way, just trying to see why the high numbers.

The BDCP numbers count for the FY the applicant would go to OCS, correct?
So if im graduating in March 2011 then I will actually be applying for a FY11 slot. Is this right?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
The BDCP numbers count for the FY the applicant would go to OCS, correct?
So if im graduating in March 2011 then I will actually be applying for a FY11 slot. Is this right?

OCT-SEPT is the government fiscal year. If you are getting commissioned BEFORE OCT 2011 you are FY'11. If you commissioned after OCT you would be a FY'12 quota. It's not when you go to OCS, it is when you commission.

maijanka

PRO REC SNA
I couldn't resist and I bugged my OR this morning. Nothing yet.
...............the wait continues...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I couldn't resist and I bugged my OR this morning. Nothing yet.
...............the wait continues...

Haha, you guys are like those old cartoons when the dude gets instructed, "Whatever you do, DON'T push the red button!"

cartoon_82.gif

Haha, you guys are like those old cartoons when the dude gets instructed, "Whatever you do, DON'T push the red button!"

cartoon_82.gif

Dont even try and tell me that you arent looking at your phone every three minutes even though its on loud AND vibrate.