• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan OCC, compare pakages

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Thats it slasher! Perchuls office had a ton of NFO slots for this round according to him. But I dont want my OSO to think Im going behind his back, and I dont want to ask If I can apply out of another office... Tough situation.

stevew

so then don't ask and just do it! I had to practically twist my OSO's arm for him to find out that PRK was waiverable. You can pretty much get copies of all the stuff you have except the LOR's which they could probably request for you from your old recruiting office. This is your life, don't let someone give you something you don't want, especially if you can get it somewhere else. Just my $0.02

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Steve may be right, but I'd be careful nonetheless. Try to be sure you don't come off as wanting to be an NFO more than wanting to be a Marine Officer, or you could lose that possible ground slot also. Just play it cool and casually bring up the idea to your OSO. You don't want to come off as disrespectful by walking away from this contract to get an air one.

Also, keep in mind that you could possibly transfer to NFO while in TBS. That may be another option.

stevew

Agreed!

But also don't bank on the transfer at TBS, they do happen but it isn't guaranteed.

Also, I believe that the recruiter has a short interview with you first and puts in a recommendation for you. Make sure you come across as Marine first, NFO second, and if they ask the reason you switched away from your other recruiter just tell them that of course you want to be a Marine first, but it would also be nice to be an NFO/Pilot (cause they can probably get you the PRK waiver) and that the other recruiter was limiting you in that option.

vipersam

applying for Jan OCC air contract w/
7,8,7 ASTB
3.5 GPA
284 PFT
private pilot
1 waiver for knee surgery
7 LORs
20/30 vision in both eyes
college football and 25 yrs. in December

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Updated my PFT today for OCC-185

19 PU, 100 SU, 20:25 for a 280 up from a 250.

3.55 GPA
1330 SAT
Passed air test with I don't remember what
Contracted for NFO, but asked to be considered for Ground as well.

SliderSD

Good Luck fellas!

6/7/7 ASTB
2.7 GPA
290 Contract PFT
Waviers: Tix and Tattoo.

Im ready to get going? Does anyone know is going on between now and the next two weeks. With our applications that is. Do they get reviewed again and then set to the board or what? keep me posted.

reapergm

Yo whiskey. Considered for ground? How do you mean, you can only contract for one (gound, pilot or nfo). Also, I wanted to apply nfo, but my oso said that there are no available slots on the east. Does your oso tell you otherwise?

Sins

Slider: Looks like you and I have similar stats. As far as packages go, if you have a waiver, I hear that it'll get signed off at multiple levels up the chain. First the OSO, then his CO, then a Colonel, then a 1star then a 2star General, depending on the waiver.

Also this is when they check out your past. Everything goes under a microscope. Everything. If you even told one lie and you don't admit to it now(tomorrow before noon), you're f'd. To all you fibbers: you better fess up or face 10 years in Leavenworth.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Originally posted by reapergm
Yo whiskey. Considered for ground? How do you mean, you can only contract for one (gound, pilot or nfo). Also, I wanted to apply nfo, but my oso said that there are no available slots on the east. Does your oso tell you otherwise?

Reaper, there is no official way to apply as both...but there have been a few guys on here claiming they asked to be considered for ground w/air contracts. We could be eating some BS or perhaps it is possible that some OSO's are better connected and know the system/contacts better. I have no reason to believe that my OSO would say one thing when he/I gain nothing by him lying about it.

As far as NFO slots...I was told its something like this...each district receives a mission for certain slots. The board fills those slots first...however, even if there is no 'mission' for an NFO at your office/region the board may choose to select you based on 1) remaining openings, 2) drop outs from OCC-184 and 3) obviously having an outstanding application. I would assume the system used leaves a number of slots open for the 'best remaining applications.' It would be silly not to. It may be a long shot, but its better than no shot.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Originally posted by Praxis

...I heard that out of the 2 types of laser eye surgury, one is definitely preferred: lasek. Or was it that lasek wasnt preferred?

If you get Lasek you can forget about flying. Prk is the only accepted method at this point. Your eye never completely heals itself from the flapping procedure they use in Lasek. G-forces and a weak lens don't mix.

SliderSD

Praxis. Ya we look to have pretty similar stats. Thanks for the update on all the info. The last word word I heard from my OSO was that all my waivers have been signed off. I know they are now sent to district for another review. Looks like we will have good competition if everyone hear gets selected, I hope we all do. Better keep running! No slackin now.

Your NorCal Right Praxis? What School?

I hope none of us have any waivers that require a 2 or 3 star have to sign off on.

Sins

St Mary's College.

I have a story about my waivers but I'll tell it later. I'll just say that its been an emotional rollercoaster.

SliderSD

Roger that Praxi. Lets just all cross the fingers and hope that our OSO's put our best mug shot he could on the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.