• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jan OCC, compare pakages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sins

I'm not trying to derail this topic and kick a dead horse but...
http://www.twinnies.demon.co.uk/prk/eyecharts/snellen.gif
http://www.nap.edu/html/visual_impairments/images/ch2_f1.gif
http://www.gen.umn.edu/courses/1135/lab/finalexam/final_fall2000/station9_1.jpg
here's some eye charts, the first two appear to have 20/13 and the third has 20/16

I just finished my application and am waiting on some LORs.....is anyone else a little nercous?

God Luck everyone.

texag02

676 ASTB
3.2 GPR
297 Contract PFT
20/10
Waivers...this is where it gets lengthy - broken jaw, hernia, PRK and MIP Alcohol

RyanVR

Selected to PLC-Air 186 with:
PFT: 243 20:37 on run
GPA: 3.57
ACT: 34
SAT: 1370
ASTB 9/9/9 66
vision: 20/20
one waiver, one time drug use
5 piq's

Sins

Age 24
PFT 299
SAT 1310
ASTB 7/7
GPA ~ 3.0 BS, St Mary's College Ca
3 Waivers: DUI (stupid), reckless driving (no excuse), petty theft (jumped a cab fare) All convictions were from 2000 and have been dismissed and expunged from my record. A "not guilty" verdict has been accepted on each count.
7 LORs/PIQs: USAF General, Navy Lt. Commander(Ret)/Professor, USMC Captian, Employer/Business Owner, College President, Local Priest, XC coach
Other:CCNA cert, Private Pilot Ground School cert
College Junk: student senate, rugby, cross country, chess club president, safe rides, all around stud/lady killer

(this is an update)

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
PFT 285
SAT 1260
GPA classified..hehe, but I graduated!
ASTB 8/9
LOR : 5 (coach, professor, head of English dept., employer, and high school teacher....all retired military officers.)
WAIVERS: waiting for vision waiver (PRK) currrently seeing 20/15 no complications.

stevew

I see a lot of you guys took the ASVAB and aced it, I have the ASVAB coming up soon, can someone please offer any good study tips for this exam?
Steve

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Steve,

I didn't study much for the Asvab, but I did just fine on it (a 90 composite). So while my advice doesn't hold a lot of weight, I'd recommend checking out an asvab study guide (published by Arco) from the library-it'll give you a great idea on what to expect on the actual thing.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
On a side note, as I understand it if your SAT scores were 1200 or better you don't need to take the ASVAB

stevew

The auto and shop section as well as the electronics section seems a little foreign to me. Is there anything I could study to feel more comfortable with these sections or are they really not a big deal and I'm making a big deal over nothing.
Steve

ElCid 2001

Hey guys I heard that there are actually 2 boards for OCS 184, one, which is going on right now and another that takes place later on. I keep asking my OSO and his assistants if thats true, but they keep telling me the same stuff, so I am figuring that its true. I am wondering if some of you guys have heard the same. They dragged me in to the office for a pft in september stating that the board meets in october. Does anyone have any clue as to what they mean or how this whole process works. I would appreciate any responses, and good luck to everyone, and since this is a compare package thread here's mine:
287 PFT
6,7,7 for ASTB
One waiver:married
GPA:2.8
5LOR, and thats that.

Status
Not open for further replies.