• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Seeing all these new posts with high GPAs, more LoR, and slightly higher ASTB scores makes me a nervous turtle. Hopefully I made my leadership abilities clear in my personal statement, lol.

Still holding my breath for the a board at the end of this month.
Wdang1, chill a bit, your numbers and package are very competitive, plus the applicant/slot ratio has become much more favorable lately. Also, it's not the number of LORs that count (3-4 sufficient), but the quality of your letters, indicating a knowledge of your character, achievements, and leadership potential.:)

RELAX and exhale before you hyperventilate. If you're satisfied that your package is the best you could make it, optimism & attitude are now Job-1.;)
BzB

Mr. Bee, thank you for your concern and support, but you need not to worry. I am always very calm and confident, I just enjoy poking fun of myself to make light of the situation, lol.

Aaron36

Hi Gentlemen,
This is my first post, but I've been checking these discussion boards religiously for the past couple of weeks. I started submitting my packet late last year and had just missed the December board as well (missed it on a technicality, some forms that needed updating/modification.) Just want to wish everyone the best of luck and join in the community. Lastly, thanks to everyone who's contributed to the wealth of great information on this site.

David0619

Hi Gentlemen,
This is my first post, but I've been checking these discussion boards religiously for the past couple of weeks. I started submitting my packet late last year and had just missed the December board as well (missed it on a technicality, some forms that needed updating/modification.) Just want to wish everyone the best of luck and join in the community. Lastly, thanks to everyone who's contributed to the wealth of great information on this site.
Sorry to pry but what are your test scores, gpa, etc? Just seeing how I stack up! Good luck to all

Aaron36

Definitely, as follows..

SNA
ASTB - A 6/P 7/O 7 53 (Form 4 *second attempt after some studying lol)
B.S. Criminal Justice [Currently finishing my last semester currently holding at a 3.4)
3 LORs: No fancy LORs-1.) Deputy Sergeants first line Supervisor; 2.) my academy instructor (also former Marine NCO); 3.) from former first line (Army E-6)
Prior Army E-4 (field artillery [20g bonus got me] 1x tour Iraq 05-06 some awards
Current Sheriff Deputy 5+years / FTO / SWAT / various performance awards
Started: - mmm October I think
Submitted - Early January
Meps: Good

Again hoping the board meets soon and takes a high percentage; I'm sure there are a lot of good guys/girls wanting it as bad as I do.

References:
Special thanks to Wdang1 for the format
;)

AmericanJoe

Seeing all these new posts with high GPAs, more LoR, and slightly higher ASTB scores makes me a nervous turtle. Hopefully I made my leadership abilities clear in my personal statement, lol.

Still holding my breath for the a board at the end of this month.

Story of my life right now

Surf

pilot
Definitely, as follows..

SNA
ASTB - A 6/P 7/O 7 53 (Form 4 *second attempt after some studying lol)
B.S. Criminal Justice [Currently finishing my last semester currently holding at a 3.4)
3 LORs: No fancy LORs-1.) Deputy Sergeants first line Supervisor; 2.) my academy instructor (also former Marine NCO); 3.) from former first line (Army E-6)
Prior Army E-4 (field artillery [20g bonus got me] 1x tour Iraq 05-06 some awards
Current Sheriff Deputy 5+years / FTO / SWAT / various performance awards
Started: - mmm October I think
Submitted - Early January
Meps: Good

Again hoping the board meets soon and takes a high percentage; I'm sure there are a lot of good guys/girls wanting it as bad as I do.

References:
Special thanks to Wdang1 for the format
;)
Welcome Aaron, nice stats and thank you for your service. Looks like we have a good group of guys, hopefully we can all 'enjoy' OCS together.

Notorious Nate

SNA/NFO
ASTB: 7/7/7 69
B.S. Aeronautical Science 3.13
5 LORs from professors/flight instructors
Commercial Multi-Engine and Instrument Rated (not that it makes much of a difference)
Team lead and head designer on a senior engineering project
Legally clean and no debt

Hoping my package will be competitive.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I think we all hope our packages are competitive...flight experience, straight 7s, 69 and a clean record you might stand a fighting chance considering competitive is > 6 and 58 OAR.

halfbreed83

My OR said my package is at selection board right now... what does that mean? he doesn't speak English well and I have a really hard time understanding him. He said the results can be any day now, I was confused?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
My OR said my package is at selection board right now... what does that mean? he doesn't speak English well and I have a really hard time understanding him. He said the results can be any day now, I was confused?
For sna/snfo? Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Surf

pilot
I can only confirm through my chain of command that as of the 10th the boards were putting kits together for review, this week could very well be the week they hold a rolling board. Especially if your OR told you your kit is at a board right now. In two words: cautious optimism.