• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SNA Applicant
8/8/7 65
3.5 Computer Engineering, West Virginia University
3 recs which you can read about in my profile.
No flight experience.

Coffee, Gym, Laundry because I am one of the genetic elite (Ginger), No tanning for me :D.
You've been around here long enough to know that your package numbers, and content are solid... very competitive. Stay fit, PQ, and free of legal issues, and you'll be fine. No need to mention "No flight experience", as it makes no difference, and is not a requirement. I mention this because, in the past a number of SNA applicants have shelled out sometimes thousands of $$$ getting PPL/various ratings, thinking it gives a big edge in aviation selection... it doesn't really. The Navy likes to teach "flight virgins" the Navy way, and they have turned out many thousands (>50,000) of the worlds finest aviators over the last century! IMHO, some may disagree. Good luck with your application.:)

Got a giggle out of your tag line "I am the genetic elite". Reminded me of something 'Der Fuehrer' screamed continually back in the '30s... didn't work out too well for him in the end, though!:eek:
BzB

theghettodefendant

None
I spoke with my OR today, I have been PQ and he contacted CNRC to see if they would honor my ProY from April's board. However, since it was more than 6 months old they said I would have to resubmit. I'm getting with him on Friday (14 Feb 14) to redo any of the forms that need redone to submit again. What was the selection rate at the December board (I've read back a few pages and saw that it was "high", but does anyone have the actual rate)? Also, how far out would the next board have to be for my packet to make it to the board?

If you don't get a final select in 6 months you have to reapply? Or is it because you didn't get your PQ until 6 months later?

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I spoke with my OR today, I have been PQ and he contacted CNRC to see if they would honor my ProY from April's board. However, since it was more than 6 months old they said I would have to resubmit. I'm getting with him on Friday (14 Feb 14) to redo any of the forms that need redone to submit again. What was the selection rate at the December board (I've read back a few pages and saw that it was "high", but does anyone have the actual rate)? Also, how far out would the next board have to be for my packet to make it to the board?
Not positive on the selection rate. As for you package, due by March 19 for April 14 board... Unless there is a decision made to have a rolling board before then.

Surf

pilot
Not positive on the selection rate. As for you package, due by March 19 for April 14 board... Unless there is a decision made to have a rolling board before then.
The processor who QC'd my package just got back to me saying the boards are getting kits in order for a review as of yesterday. I also confirmed that with my OR, she explained they should be around the number of kits necessary to start a rolling board before the end of Feb!

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
The processor who QC'd my package just got back to me saying the boards are getting kits in order for a review as of yesterday. I also confirmed that with my OR, she explained they should be around the number of kits necessary to start a rolling board before the end of Feb!
Awesome! How does it work if they decide to have a rolling one? Will they still plan on having the April one too? I still need to go through MEPS, but my package is ready to go.

Surf

pilot
Awesome! How does it work if they decide to have a rolling one? Will they still plan on having the April one too? I still need to go through MEPS, but my package is ready to go.
I am not sure, a recruiter would be able to answer that. However, I remember just missing a rolling board in May of 2013 and then being reviewed at a scheduled board in July of '13. I'm sure that is all different from year to year though.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Seeing all these new posts with high GPAs, more LoR, and slightly higher ASTB scores makes me a nervous turtle. Hopefully I made my leadership abilities clear in my personal statement, lol.

Still holding my breath for the a board at the end of this month.

You've been around here long enough to know that your package numbers, and content are solid... very competitive. Stay fit, PQ, and free of legal issues, and you'll be fine. No need to mention "No flight experience", as it makes no difference, and is not a requirement. I mention this because, in the past a number of SNA applicants have shelled out sometimes thousands of $$$ getting PPL/various ratings, thinking it gives a big edge in aviation selection... it doesn't really. The Navy likes to teach "flight virgins" the Navy way, and they have turned out many thousands (>50,000) of the worlds finest aviators over the last century! IMHO, some may disagree. Good luck with your application.:)

Got a giggle out of your tag line "I am the genetic elite". Reminded me of something 'Der Fuehrer' screamed continually back in the '30s... didn't work out too well for him in the end, though!:eek:
BzB

Thanks for your posts throughout the last four years. Can't wait for this board to meet!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seeing all these new posts with high GPAs, more LoR, and slightly higher ASTB scores makes me a nervous turtle. Hopefully I made my leadership abilities clear in my personal statement, lol.
Wdang1, chill a bit, your numbers and package are very competitive, plus the applicant/slot ratio has become much more favorable lately. Also, it's not the number of LORs that count (3-4 sufficient), but the quality of your letters, indicating a knowledge of your character, achievements, and leadership potential.:)
Still holding my breath for the a board at the end of this month.
RELAX and exhale before you hyperventilate. If you're satisfied that your package is the best you could make it, optimism & attitude are now Job-1.;)
BzB

AmericanJoe

teasing-hurts.jpg

AmericanJoe

Haha sorry, but this isn't just another tease. The NRD processor pulled the update straight from the system and showed me. I am the anti-troll, I only posted this because it seemed substantial enough to put up.

Haha just joking. Hope you're right!