• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Josh3714

Give me another week and I'll be waiting with the rest of you. Air Force 14OT02 board results came out, 0 pilot slots offered. This might cause some action with the Navy recruiters. Luckily I started on my Navy package a while back and it's almost complete.

Wow 0 Pilot slots? I hope the Navy has a high selection rate for the next board.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
What worries me is the selection rate due to the upcoming ROTC/NA graduating class. Unless that has a minor effect.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All I know is my grandma could land a plane on a 3 mile runway on autopilot, now catching a cable at 110 kias? Now that's aviation. Id rather be a non flying naval officer than an af "pilot"
Lol, concur with that... as an experienced Vietnam combat Attack (VA) Pilot, bombing from >25K feet is an alien concept to me. Much more comfortable & accurate at 3 to 10k Besides, when you "fly the ball", you never have to sweat losing your brakes on that 3-mile runway (or your floating/pitching/rolling 550' runway)!:eek:
604 Painting.jpg
BzB

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Wow 0 Pilot slots? I hope the Navy has a high selection rate for the next board.

Air Force OCS does not historically serve as a pilot commissioning source - don't read anything into that at all..

Air Force pilots commission through: #1 USAFA, and #2 ROTC. OCS fills their need for all sorts of 'other' officers, not pilots.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
Id rather be a non flying naval officer than an af "pilot"

Great aviators serve in all five branches, always remember that. You and I are both set on becoming Naval Aviators, and the "Navy #1" mindset is great and all, but neither you nor I have earned the privilege to look down anyone wearing a set of wings.

Just one man's opinion..

David0619

Understood and good point. However, I will seek to have Wings of Gold and if I fail, I fail. I still would want to be a Naval Officer over an Air Force pilot.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Hey all. My package is just about ready to be submitted, just a couple questions for whoever can answer. Do I need to declare all the traffic tickets I've accumulated over the years on my APSR? I'm pretty sure I do not have over 5 tickets, but not 100%. I have a new recruiter who says that minor traffic tickets don't need to be on there, just major things like criminal speeding or getting arrested. My previous recruiter said I need to declare any time I've "talked to the cops." I don't want to be dq'd for something like this so any input would be amazing. Thanks guys and gals.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all. My package is just about ready to be submitted, just a couple questions for whoever can answer. Do I need to declare all the traffic tickets I've accumulated over the years on my APSR? I'm pretty sure I do not have over 5 tickets, but not 100%. I have a new recruiter who says that minor traffic tickets don't need to be on there, just major things like criminal speeding or getting arrested. My previous recruiter said I need to declare any time I've "talked to the cops." I don't want to be dq'd for something like this so any input would be amazing. Thanks guys and gals.

are you referring to block 9? I believe minor traffic violations do not matter on that one, but on the SF86 you need to list everything.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
are you referring to block 9? I believe minor traffic violations do not matter on that one, but on the SF86 you need to list everything.
Thanks NavyOffRec, I'm am referring to block 9. I also recently found out that my drivers license was suspended last year, but was never informed. It's been taken care of now. Would I need to put this on the APSR?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks NavyOffRec, I'm am referring to block 9. I also recently found out that my drivers license was suspended last year, but was never informed. It's been taken care of now. Would I need to put this on the APSR?

uh, why was it suspended?

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I got into a minor fender bender and got fined for failure to control vehicle. When I inquired about the suspension they said I didn't pay the fine in time... I'm guessing they never got the check I sent them. Payed the fine online and now it's okay.