• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I am graduating this December with a 3.9 GPA via Penn state in security and risk analysis. I’m an active duty CT (8 years TIS march of ‘23) and was hoping the TIS for 1810 would be extended this last revision. Seeing the new rev has not extended the TIS maximum and that 1830 has added their own TIS restriction I am starting to stress about my prospects of getting a commission. I was screening for NSW but I will be pulling my package now because those five year orders will prevent me from meeting the TIS for 1830. I am debating leaving active duty and attempting via the less stringent reserve programs, attempting to seek commission via another service, and will of course be dropping packages for NFO and INTEL for the remainder of my contract. If anyone has any recommendations for how they would proceed i would very much appreciate the guidance. It’s a bit disheartening to have worked so hard toward something for the doors to start closing so close to the window of opportunity.

RhodesReese

Is your goal to be a fully commissioned officer or Cryptologic Warfare Officer?

Other options that you may have is commission and then lay transfer into 1810. The last lat transfer requirements had the 1810 community looking for ensigns, JG, LTs from other destinations to transfer into 1810. They were also allowing LCDRs of all YG to apply.

I was in the same boat. CTIC with 12 years in. Ended up getting picked up for IP though.

And with NSW, you are correct on the five year orders making it difficult to apply. They won’t even let you apply for Officer programs until you fulfilled your deployment obligations.

Is your goal to be a fully commissioned officer or Cryptologic Warfare Officer?

Other options that you may have is commission and then lay transfer into 1810. The last lat transfer requirements had the 1810 community looking for ensigns, JG, LTs from other destinations to transfer into 1810. They were also allowing LCDRs of all YG to apply.

I was in the same boat. CTIC with 12 years in. Ended up getting picked up for IP though.

And with NSW, you are correct on the five year orders making it difficult to apply. They won’t even let you apply for Officer programs until you fulfilled your deployment obligations.
How are you liking IP? I am really wanting to utilize my degree and do something cyber related as I am a CTT which doesn’t have much applicability. Intel of course has cyber options plus I enjoy that side of analysis, and NFO also has some limited applicability plus I grew up in Pensacola so I’ve always had a thing for naval aviation.

RhodesReese

I head to OCS in September but have Ben attending a lot of the local IP socials and gatherings. I met with the Senior IP Admiral the other day and got to hear his vision. The community has been very welcoming despite not having commissioned yet. Invited to a lot of events and getting to go aboard ships to see what IPs do in relation to Cryppies. Know that cyber isn’t the only thing that IPs do. And it’s very defensive as opposed to Cryppies.

I am graduating this December with a 3.9 GPA via Penn state in security and risk analysis. I’m an active duty CT (8 years TIS march of ‘23) and was hoping the TIS for 1810 would be extended this last revision. Seeing the new rev has not extended the TIS maximum and that 1830 has added their own TIS restriction I am starting to stress about my prospects of getting a commission. I was screening for NSW but I will be pulling my package now because those five year orders will prevent me from meeting the TIS for 1830. I am debating leaving active duty and attempting via the less stringent reserve programs, attempting to seek commission via another service, and will of course be dropping packages for NFO and INTEL for the remainder of my contract. If anyone has any recommendations for how they would proceed i would very much appreciate the guidance. It’s a bit disheartening to have worked so hard toward something for the doors to start closing so close to the window of opportunity.
Like @RhodesReese said you do have options. I’m active duty IS with 9 years. Just got picked up for Intel. Submit submit submit. The sooner, the better. What I can say about the process is that if your package is good then your package is good. What that means is the board makes exceptions. Our communities specifically are looking for well-rounded officers that plan on being around for a while so if you might need waivers for anything (I needed 3 fysa), don’t let that deter you from applying if you truly want to be an officer and think your package is good enough. At the end of the day, just submit it as soon as you can.

Side note: if I’m you, I’m working on my package all summer so by the time I graduate, all I’m waiting for is my transcripts. I was literally in your shoes last year. I graduated Dec 18 and didn’t get my degree or transcripts until December 31 but everything else was done so all I needed to do was add those to my package and submit it (deadline was Jan 13). Your medical, your co rec, etc can all be done without your transcripts. Simply put the non official copy in the package when you route it up and your chain will understand.