• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board MARCH-01-21

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
An OR doesn't get to make that call. Your SF86 and investigation will be affected though. In 2014 I was scrutinized for British contacts that I met while working on a joint watchfloor. I have family that lives in a foreign country as well, but it is all annotated

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys Congrats all who got PRO REC-Y! Unfortunately I was not picked up for either IP or CW. Are people ineligible for any designator in IWC if they have family in a foreign country although the country is a strong ally? Isn't an OR supposed to ask about it before completing your package if you are a naturalized citizen?

I have seen 2 people have their clearances temporarily revoked due to foreign family contacts, the countries were Canada and Japan, 1 of them regained their clearance after several months, the other was close to his EAOS and never made attempts to regain it.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
I have seen 2 people have their clearances temporarily revoked due to foreign family contacts, the countries were Canada and Japan, 1 of them regained their clearance after several months, the other was close to his EAOS and never made attempts to regain it.
My wife being a foreign national, but with permanent residency, likely had a strong negative effect on my packet, then.

jpgka

An OR doesn't get to make that call. Your SF86 and investigation will be affected though. In 2014 I was scrutinized for British contacts that I met while working on a joint watchfloor. I have family that lives in a foreign country as well, but it is all annotated
I know that an OR doesn't have any say in the background check, however, I expected them to know any concerns or limits that might affect it so that I can use my time more efficiently or prepare myself for a sad result... Thank you for the response!

Since ORs are not allowed to tell applicants reasons why applicants are not selected or ineligible, I have assumed that having immediate family in South Korea and being a naturalized citizen could be issues to get TS clearance. I will talk with my OR :) Thank you for the answer!

exNavyOffRec

I know that an OR doesn't have any say in the background check, however, I expected them to know any concerns or limits that might affect it so that I can use my time more efficiently or prepare myself for a sad result... Thank you for the response!

Since ORs are not allowed to tell applicants reasons why applicants are not selected or ineligible, I have assumed that having immediate family in South Korea and being a naturalized citizen could be issues to get TS clearance. I will talk with my OR :) Thank you for the answer!

When it comes to backgrounds there are too many variables for an OR to have any idea, or to give a good idea on the future.

The can tell the applicants, each time I had an issue I received the specific issue of concern.

jpgka

When it comes to backgrounds there are too many variables for an OR to have any idea, or to give a good idea on the future.

The can tell the applicants, each time I had an issue I received the specific issue of concern.

You mean ORs can notify applicants if there is an issue about backgrounds? Okay, I guess my background couldn't be an issue then.

NevarYalnal

You mean ORs can notify applicants if there is an issue about backgrounds? Okay, I guess my background couldn't be an issue then.
I mean I would think your background shouldn’t even come up at the board unless you specifically highlighted it in the motivational statement or it’s mentioned in your LORs. Any potential red flags should come up when you get screened for a clearance, when the investigators go deep into your sf86 and start interviewing your contacts.

exNavyOffRec

I mean I would think your background shouldn’t even come up at the board unless you specifically highlighted it in the motivational statement or it’s mentioned in your LORs. Any potential red flags should come up when you get screened for a clearance, when the investigators go deep into your sf86 and start interviewing your contacts.

It would be before the board, during the review process, they just do a cursory review prior to the board.

Ligerfoxzoid

Does anyone have the results list for this board. I applied for 1840 CW and my BOL isn't reflected of being selected or not.