• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

CarnesCJ

The lists all say the 21 Nov, so maybe they are trying to get them done prior to holiday stand down?

Attachments

• Nov 21 IP At Board List.xlsx
    20.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Nov 21 CW At Board List.xlsx
    20.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Nov 21 OCEANO At Board List.xlsx
    18.5 KB · Views: 20
Hello all,

I'm an active duty E6 Intel guy applying for 1-Intel, 2-SWO, 3-IP. I started working on my application back in July and have sort of just been fumbling my way through this process. I recently found out about this site but there's so much here, it's kinda difficult keeping up. Nonetheless, I was wondering if I could just ask these questions and get some help to kinda consolidate all the info??

About me :
8 years active duty Intel
GPA: 3.9 homeland security
OAR: 47
LORs: 2x O-6, 3x O-5
Appraisals: 3x Intel O-5s, 1x SWO O-5 (solid write up but he gave me a 9 for one section)

Questions i have:
I was looking to apply in January but was informed Intel is closed until the Summer. No biggie but I can submit a waiver for my OAR since it's above a 45 but Intel's preferred score is 50. Should I retake OAR or submit the waiver?

Also, I have anxiety and take meds for them so my doc explained that my condition is disqualifying but he can and did annotate that I'm mentally and emotionally fit and should be awarded a waiver. That said, how do I go about getting a med waiver for this?

Lastly, as I stated, SWO is my number 2 option. If I apply for Intel in this upcoming summer and don't get selected, do i have to reapply for SWO or IP as well? Or does my package simply roll over to those boards to be looked at??

I know this was alot, please don't fuss me out folks, I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row but this process has not been the most comprehensive

RhodesReese

Hello all,

I'm an active duty E6 Intel guy applying for 1-Intel, 2-SWO, 3-IP. I started working on my application back in July and have sort of just been fumbling my way through this process. I recently found out about this site but there's so much here, it's kinda difficult keeping up. Nonetheless, I was wondering if I could just ask these questions and get some help to kinda consolidate all the info??

About me :
8 years active duty Intel
GPA: 3.9 homeland security
OAR: 47
LORs: 2x O-6, 3x O-5
Appraisals: 3x Intel O-5s, 1x SWO O-5 (solid write up but he gave me a 9 for one section)

Questions i have:
I was looking to apply in January but was informed Intel is closed until the Summer. No biggie but I can submit a waiver for my OAR since it's above a 45 but Intel's preferred score is 50. Should I retake OAR or submit the waiver?

Also, I have anxiety and take meds for them so my doc explained that my condition is disqualifying but he can and did annotate that I'm mentally and emotionally fit and should be awarded a waiver. That said, how do I go about getting a med waiver for this?

Lastly, as I stated, SWO is my number 2 option. If I apply for Intel in this upcoming summer and don't get selected, do i have to reapply for SWO or IP as well? Or does my package simply roll over to those boards to be looked at??

I know this was alot, please don't fuss me out folks, I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row but this process has not been the most comprehensive

Hey man, first off I would like to say that I am not a commissioned officer but a Chief who is also applying. With that said I have a few comments and questions based on your post.

First one being why are you fumbling through this process? I started the process for my OCS package in May and submitted my full application (90+ pages later) in August. Im sure you have officers at your command that can guide you through the process. Additionally the 1420 has 90 percent of the info you need. Don't try and go through this alone, if you don't have a mentor you need to find one asap. Future Mustang FB is a good place to search for information as well. But I stress this, don't get there asking for a mentor outright. Find one on FLTMPS, at your command, in the area etc, and reach out to them directly.

For your OAR, def try and retake it. I have several friends who have a 50 or above score and a good GPA, and didn't get selected for Intel. Despite being prior IS's or CT's with years of intel experience. When given feedback, they were told most of the 1830 applicants have masters degrees and extremely high OAR. Try and get that score up. You have time.

For your medical waiver, go to the future mustang facebook page and search medical waiver. You're not alone in asking this question and several people have rogered up to help explain the process. But prior to this, take a long hard look at yourself and ask if being a commissioned officer is right for you and your Sailors. OCS is meant to cause induced anxiety and stress. As an Intel Sailor, you know our job isnt easy either and we can never please the customer. Its worse as a 1830. And if you go the SWO route, you'll be in a very stressful environment from the get go.

As for your last question, your application well get forwarded to the next board for the designator you applied for. My application was submitted in August, and sent to the 1830 board that starts Nov 8th and also the Nov 28th board for IP.

Remember, get a mentor. The application itself is very easy. Print out the medical forms you need and go to medical and start getting your signatures signed off and medical exams taken care of. Shouldn't take longer than a week. And any enclosures you are submitting you should already have in your I love you binder.

Creeping_Geep

Here is a summary of the fleet applicants for the Nov 21 INTEL board:

-57 total applicants.
-9 IS applicants. Remaining 48 includes LN, HM, IT, ITS, AWS, AWO, AWR, EA, ET, CTI, CTR, MM, MMN, FCA, GSM, NC, AS, OS, and ND.
-At least 12 applicants have graduate degrees.
-At least 10 applicants have majors in fields such as intel, strategic security, international relations, homeland/national security, cyber, etc.
-1 E-3, 18 E-5, 30 E-6, 7 E-7, and 1 E-9 applicants.
-TIS runs the gamut from 1999 to 2019.
-36 applicants applied for Intel as their only IWC designator, 18 applied for Intel and either CW or IP, and 3 applied for Intel, CW, and IP.

Last edited:

CarnesCJ

Here is a summary of the fleet applicants for the Nov 21 INTEL board:

-57 total applicants.
-9 IS applicants. Remaining 48 includes LN, HM, IT, ITS, AWS, AWO, AWR, EA, ET, CTI, CTR, MM, MMN, FCA, GSM, NC, AS, OS, and ND.
-At least 12 applicants have graduate degrees.
-At least 10 applicants have majors in fields such as intel, strategic security, international relations, homeland/national security, cyber, etc.
-1 E-3, 18 E-5, 30 E-6, 7 E-7, and 1 E-9 applicants.
-TIS runs the gamut from 1999 to 2019.
-36 applicants applied for Intel as their only IWC designator, 18 applied for Intel and either CW or IP, and 3 applied for Intel, CW, and IP.
Can I ask where you got that info, and where it might be for the IP board list?

Zbisch1

If anyone has access to the dashboard, please share the Intel quota!
this is the last dashboard I saw from late august, it has the up dated board schedule on it though. It also says designator closed for INTEL so who knows.

Attachments

• DCO, GENOFF, NUKE DASHBOARD 27 AUG 21 (1) 4.pdf
    417.4 KB · Views: 42
Hey man, first off I would like to say that I am not a commissioned officer but a Chief who is also applying. With that said I have a few comments and questions based on your post.

First one being why are you fumbling through this process? I started the process for my OCS package in May and submitted my full application (90+ pages later) in August. Im sure you have officers at your command that can guide you through the process. Additionally the 1420 has 90 percent of the info you need. Don't try and go through this alone, if you don't have a mentor you need to find one asap. Future Mustang FB is a good place to search for information as well. But I stress this, don't get there asking for a mentor outright. Find one on FLTMPS, at your command, in the area etc, and reach out to them directly.

For your OAR, def try and retake it. I have several friends who have a 50 or above score and a good GPA, and didn't get selected for Intel. Despite being prior IS's or CT's with years of intel experience. When given feedback, they were told most of the 1830 applicants have masters degrees and extremely high OAR. Try and get that score up. You have time.

For your medical waiver, go to the future mustang facebook page and search medical waiver. You're not alone in asking this question and several people have rogered up to help explain the process. But prior to this, take a long hard look at yourself and ask if being a commissioned officer is right for you and your Sailors. OCS is meant to cause induced anxiety and stress. As an Intel Sailor, you know our job isnt easy either and we can never please the customer. Its worse as a 1830. And if you go the SWO route, you'll be in a very stressful environment from the get go.

As for your last question, your application well get forwarded to the next board for the designator you applied for. My application was submitted in August, and sent to the 1830 board that starts Nov 8th and also the Nov 28th board for IP.

Remember, get a mentor. The application itself is very easy. Print out the medical forms you need and go to medical and start getting your signatures signed off and medical exams taken care of. Shouldn't take longer than a week. And any enclosures you are submitting you should already have in your I love you binder.

Chief,
Thank you very much for the help, seriously! And yes, between deployment and just trying to get my package submitted, it has been alot but I have been getting things done (slowly but surely). I have completed all of my medical documents. At this point, I am simply waiting to graduate from college this december and for my CO's approval. I did schedule another date in January to retake the OAR. I do think I should give it a go (i studied for 6 days before taking the OAR the first time so I know I can do better, I just need to apply myself). I definitely appreciate all the advice as I know I asked alot of questions. One more question for you, who is Mr Celestin? I have seen the name referenced several times and would you have his contact info?

RhodesReese

Chief,
Thank you very much for the help, seriously! And yes, between deployment and just trying to get my package submitted, it has been alot but I have been getting things done (slowly but surely). I have completed all of my medical documents. At this point, I am simply waiting to graduate from college this december and for my CO's approval. I did schedule another date in January to retake the OAR. I do think I should give it a go (i studied for 6 days before taking the OAR the first time so I know I can do better, I just need to apply myself). I definitely appreciate all the advice as I know I asked alot of questions. One more question for you, who is Mr Celestin? I have seen the name referenced several times and would you have his contact info?

Mr. Celestin is the N36 HR manager at Navy Recruiting Command. Essentially he is the gatekeeper to the board. All packages go to him and he screens them prior to submission to the board. He also pushes them to medical for verification, Waivers to the appropriate people, etc.

His contact is paul.celestin@navy.mil

I recommend not reaching out to him immediately unless you have a question that cant be answered by your mentor, here, or on the FB page.

Mr. Celestin is the N36 HR manager at Navy Recruiting Command. Essentially he is the gatekeeper to the board. All packages go to him and he screens them prior to submission to the board. He also pushes them to medical for verification, Waivers to the appropriate people, etc.

His contact is paul.celestin@navy.mil

I recommend not reaching out to him immediately unless you have a question that cant be answered by your mentor, here, or on the FB page.
Okay thanks for that. And understood. Believe it or not, I do not have a Facebook lol. Not a big fan of Social media