• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

edt21

Looking to get into the IWC as an officer
Hello everyone! Wanted to start the thread for the next IWC board (NRC Application Due date: 08OCT21 for the IWC Proboard, with a convene date of 29NOV21). Not sure what the FY22 quotas are but that's what will be the board's focus.

was hoping to get on the last IWO proboard in June but I heard that a lot of people's packages didn't get looked at and they weren't taking any new packages. Hopefully, this board goes a bit smoother! I'll post my stats below and update anything that changes. Feels a bit weird cus I'm not really sure if I'm put up against the AD people or the civilian people or even a group of people who followed the same path I did (got out at 4 and did college full time). In any case, good luck to everyone applying!

CWO (1st), IP (2nd)
-------
Stats
-------
Sex: Male
GPA: 3.2
Education: B.A. in Computer Science from Dartmouth College
Prior service: 4 years in the USN, got out as an STG2(SW), Last three evals: EP, EP, MP
OAR: Work in progress, test date is May 6th, 2021. pray for me.
LORs: Work in progress, hoping to get 1 from my Dean, 1 from a professor (0-4 retired airforce), and 1 from former DIVO (0-4 SWO)
Miscellaneous:
- Leadership during service:
ACFL for command, Volunteered a bunch for various Hawaiian organizations, WCS fo div, a lot of sonar quals (i know they care if you've worked in a SIGINT rating so hopefully that helps), much more which ill prob include in my statement.
- Leadership during college: VP of sponsorship for school hackathon group (2 years), Product Manager at Digital agency lab on-campus (2 years), Product Management co-op at a publically traded tech company (7 months), Chief Product Officer of a Startup (2 years), Co-founder of a startup (current), Lead Cybersecurity Researcher @ Cyberlab on campus where we coded a platform to monitor and protect the national grid in conjunction with the Army National Gaurd (1 year), Software Engineer intern for the Library of Congress (3 months), ML (linguistics) research (current), also 3 published articles/research papers.

BasketballisLife

Hello everyone! Wanted to start the thread for the next IWC board (NRC Application Due date: 08OCT21 for the IWC Proboard, with a convene date of 29NOV21). Not sure what the FY22 quotas are but that's what will be the board's focus.

was hoping to get on the last IWO proboard in June but I heard that a lot of people's packages didn't get looked at and they weren't taking any new packages. Hopefully, this board goes a bit smoother! I'll post my stats below and update anything that changes. Feels a bit weird cus I'm not really sure if I'm put up against the AD people or the civilian people or even a group of people who followed the same path I did (got out at 4 and did college full time). In any case, good luck to everyone applying!

CWO (1st), IP (2nd)
-------
Stats
-------
GPA: 3.2
Education: B.A. in Computer Science from Dartmouth College
Prior service: 4 years in the USN, got out as an STG2(SW), Last three evals: EP, EP, MP
OAR: Work in progress, test date is May 6th, 2021. pray for me.
LORs: Work in progress, hoping to get 1 from my Dean, 1 from a professor (0-4 retired airforce), and 1 from former DIVO (0-4 SWO)
Miscellaneous:
- Leadership during service:
ACFL for command, Volunteered a bunch for various Hawaiian organizations, WCS fo div, a lot of sonar quals (i know they care if you've worked in a SIGINT rating so hopefully that helps), much more which ill prob include in my statement.
- Leadership during college: VP of sponsorship for school hackathon group (2 years), Product Manager at Digital agency lab on-campus (2 years), Product Management co-op at a publically traded tech company (7 months), Chief Product Officer of a Startup (2 years), Co-founder of a startup (current), Lead Cybersecurity Researcher @ Cyberlab on campus where we coded a platform to monitor and protect the national grid in conjunction with the Army National Gaurd (1 year), Software Engineer intern for the Library of Congress (3 months), ML (linguistics) research (current), also 3 published articles/research papers.

Do you have access to the newest board schedule for the rest of 2021? The one I'm looking at currently projects boards out to 23 APR 21 (ending at AMDO proboard).

Also, good luck man.

I was recently a non-select for the Nov 20 IWC board but plan to reapply adding a JSOQ, EP eval, correspondence courses, and adding Supply and Pilot as options. Not sure what date to submit my applications yet though.

edit: Also, I heard there was an IWC board 20 Sep 21. Have you considered applying to that one?

Also, you're competing with AD, civilians, and reservists. Based on what I've seen, it seems civilians get picked up at a slightly higher rate (dependent on community of course). I'd imagine if you're AD and have 10+ years of service, TIS will start to negatively work against you.

NevarYalnal

Also, you're competing with AD, civilians, and reservists. Based on what I've seen, it seems civilians get picked up at a slightly higher rate (dependent on community of course). I'd imagine if you're AD and have 10+ years of service, TIS will start to negatively work against you.
Believe TIS is only a factor for CW within IWC and even that is only 5 years / 60 months which they're under.

edt21

Do you have access to the newest board schedule for the rest of 2021? The one I'm looking at currently projects boards out to 23 APR 21 (ending at AMDO proboard).

Also, good luck man.

I was recently a non-select for the Nov 20 IWC board but plan to reapply adding a JSOQ, EP eval, correspondence courses, and adding Supply and Pilot as options. Not sure what date to submit my applications yet though.

edit: Also, I heard there was an IWC board 20 Sep 21. Have you considered applying to that one?

I was following this i found for board dates for the rest of the year https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...b6ca/1604424954339/Updated+Board+Schedule.pdf Also, I saw that the Sept board was for DCO. I assumed that was for reservists so I was focusing on the proboard. Really not sure what the diff is.

Yeah, i don't have 10+ years (got out right before my 4-year mark so I could attend school on time) so hopefully that works in my favor. Banking on the CS degree and a good OAR score to help me out here haha.

NevarYalnal

Also, I saw that the Sept board was for DCO. I assumed that was for reservists so I was focusing on the proboard. Really not sure what the diff is.
Yes, DCO boards are responsible for reserve officer accessions; the requirements are very different between reserve and active duty, and DCO generally requires significant education/relevant work experience for selection.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Hello everyone! Wanted to start the thread for the next IWC board (NRC Application Due date: 08OCT21 for the IWC Proboard, with a convene date of 29NOV21). Not sure what the FY22 quotas are but that's what will be the board's focus. Was hoping to get on the last IWO proboard in June but I heard that a lot of people's packages didn't get looked at and they weren't taking any new packages.
Where did you hear that packages weren't being looked at? The packages havent been submitted yet. Many people on our board (March 2021) had issues with specific recruiters. For instance, I was supposed to be submitted for IP and Intel, but my package was only submitted for Intel. Others had similar issues where recruiters are only putting up their top candidates. If your recruiter is unwilling to put you up, you can wait (like you are planning to do) or you can reach out to someone else.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Feels a bit weird cus I'm not really sure if I'm put up against the AD people or the civilian people or even a group of people who followed the same path I did (got out at 4 and did college full time). In any case, good luck to everyone applying!
You will be competing as a civilian. Your service will be looked at, but if you are not active duty Navy currently, you aren't a fleet applicant

edt21

Where did you hear that packages weren't being looked at? The packages havent been submitted yet. Many people on our board (March 2021) had issues with specific recruiters. For instance, I was supposed to be submitted for IP and Intel, but my package was only submitted for Intel. Others had similar issues where recruiters are only putting up their top candidates. If your recruiter is unwilling to put you up, you can wait (like you are planning to do) or you can reach out to someone else.

my OR told me yesterday that they are not accepting any more packages for the June board they still have packages to review that didn't get looked at from the March Board which is why we're pushing my package. Other than that, I def think I could have been ready for this upcoming IWC board. has this ever happened in the past or as anyone else's OR told them this before? @exNavyOffRec would love your input on this. if it helps, I'm still putting together everything and haven't even gone through MEPS just yet.

Last edited:

Creeping_Geep

Thank you for creating this topic, and best of luck to everyone who is applying for this board!

Only applying for Intel

Education: B.A. in Liberal Studies, M.S. in Strategic Intelligence
GPA: 3.88
OAR: Will update; taking early next month.
Evaluations: (MP, NOB, NOB, NOB, ranked EP, ranked EP) 2020 E6 periodic, 2019 E6 DUINS periodic/transfer, 2019 E6 DUINS transfer, 2018 E6 DUINS periodic, 2018 E6 transfer, 2017 E6 periodic. ITA on all evals is above both SGA and RSCA.
LOR: IWC CWO4, DIA senior intel analyst, more in progress.
Appraisal: Work in progress.
Awards: 2018 NAM (2nd), 2018 JSAM (2nd), 2015 NAM (1st), 2015 JSCM (2nd), 2014 FLOC (1st), 2014 Air Medal (1st), 2011 JSAM (1st), 2010 JSCM (1st).
Certifications: Hold NECs for proficiency in various foreign languages. EIWS, EXWS, EAWS, NAWS.
Waivers: None.

gdubs21

my OR told me yesterday that they are not accepting any more packages for the June board they still have packages to review that didn't get looked at from the March Board which is why we're pushing my package. Other than that, I def think I could have been ready for this upcoming IWC board. has this ever happened in the past or as anyone else's OR told them this before? @exNavyOffRec would love your input on this. if it helps, I'm still putting together everything and haven't even gone through MEPS just yet.
About a month ago my OR also said that new packages were no longer being accepted for the IWC 28JUN21 board. Decided to complete my package regardless of the chance it would be reviewed for the IWC June board. The package was submitted yesterday. If I'm not seen for the June board I at least hope to be seen for the SWO 15AUG21 board and of course this IWC board in Nov. Thanks for making the thread.

exNavyOffRec

About a month ago my OR also said that new packages were no longer being accepted for the IWC 28JUN21 board. Decided to complete my package regardless of the chance it would be reviewed for the IWC June board. The package was submitted yesterday. If I'm not seen for the June board I at least hope to be seen for the SWO 15AUG21 board and of course this IWC board in Nov. Thanks for making the thread.
Did he submit it yesterday to his chain of command for review or did the NRD submit to NRC, those things are not the same and if it was submitted to his COC for review it would be a longshot to get to NRC by their COB yesterday.

gdubs21

Did he submit it yesterday to his chain of command for review or did the NRD submit to NRC, those things are not the same and if it was submitted to his COC for review it would be a longshot to get to NRC by their COB yesterday.
Good question. I'm aware that he sent the package to his COC last Monday. His processor reviewed it, and requested one more document. Not aware if or when it was sent along to the NRD. Will ask him on Monday and get some clarification.

Last edited:

gdubs21

That requested document came as a surprise to me on Friday. Filled out the document within an hour and sent it to my OR. He said he would upload it to the processor on Monday. I thought everything was completed and processed, and that document would just tag along to the submitted package. Apologies for any confusion. Will get clarification on what exactly transpired with the package on Monday.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
That requested document came as a surprise to me on Friday. Filled out the document within an hour and sent it to my OR. He said he would upload it to the processor on Monday. I thought everything was completed and processed, and that document would just tag along to the submitted package. Apologies for any confusion. Will get clarification on what exactly transpired with the package on Monday.
That's exactly what happened to me for the Nov board last year. I got rolled to this past one. It worked out in my favor though. It was a MUCH smaller board than the November one.

Creeping_Geep

Thank you for creating this topic, and best of luck to everyone who is applying for this board!

Only applying for Intel

Education: B.A. in Liberal Studies, M.S. in Strategic Intelligence
GPA: 3.88
OAR: Will update; taking early next month.
Evaluations: (MP, NOB, NOB, NOB, ranked EP, ranked EP) 2020 E6 periodic, 2019 E6 DUINS periodic/transfer, 2019 E6 DUINS transfer, 2018 E6 DUINS periodic, 2018 E6 transfer, 2017 E6 periodic. ITA on all evals is above both SGA and RSCA.
LOR: IWC CWO4, DIA senior intel analyst, more in progress.
Appraisal: Work in progress.
Awards: 2018 NAM (2nd), 2018 JSAM (2nd), 2015 NAM (1st), 2015 JSCM (2nd), 2014 FLOC (1st), 2014 Air Medal (1st), 2011 JSAM (1st), 2010 JSCM (1st).
Certifications: Hold NECs for proficiency in various foreign languages. EIWS, EXWS, EAWS, NAWS.
Waivers: None.

Got a 64 on the OAR.