• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

RhodesReese

Does anyone know where a SWO-CW applicant would appear as a selectee, my recruiter has given me a lot of conflicting information over the last 2 months. However, I am still "in the system" I just haven't appeared on any "at board" list for swo or cw. Or any results list for either as well.

Thanks
I don’t believe they do the SWO CW option anymore. And like it’s been said before not on the dashboard which is what boards are currently and will be happening.

ciceronroma

Ciceron
if you speak with them once a month add them. If you are friends on fb or exchange emails add them.
I lived overseas as well prior to and during the Navy. I just report who I speak with or consider actual friends. If I don’t talk with them at all or anymore I don’t report them.
That makes actual sense. Well, if required I'll add more people in. I turned in my SF86 over 6 months ago, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to amend it, but I suppose that during the investigation process I'll answer any questions and see what happens.

CarnesCJ

That makes actual sense. Well, if required I'll add more people in. I turned in my SF86 over 6 months ago, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to amend it, but I suppose that during the investigation process I'll answer any questions and see what happens.
When you sit down to do your interview you'll have a chance to clarify information. If you did miss someone or some information just have it ready for the interviewer. People get sketched out with interviews, but in all honesty just being upfront about your life is the best bet. Better that you inform them and have the chance to explain vice them finding info on you. That makes it look like you are hiding stuff.

ciceronroma

Ciceron
This is allowing us to post again! I've been working with my recruiter to try to go to OCS a couple months early. It's up to the luck of the draw at this point. Every single person I've spoken to on the Navy side has told me different, conflicting information, so I'm just expecting written letters and confirmations since that's all I can (mostly) trust. I've reached the conclusion most people on the paperwork side have no idea what is going on. A friend of mine who went through this told me they will call me and move it when they're good and ready, so all I can do is hurry up and wait. Makes sense.

exNavyOffRec

This is allowing us to post again! I've been working with my recruiter to try to go to OCS a couple months early. It's up to the luck of the draw at this point. Every single person I've spoken to on the Navy side has told me different, conflicting information, so I'm just expecting written letters and confirmations since that's all I can (mostly) trust. I've reached the conclusion most people on the paperwork side have no idea what is going on. A friend of mine who went through this told me they will call me and move it when they're good and ready, so all I can do is hurry up and wait. Makes sense.
moving up can be possible but it depends on several things such as follow on class dates, who many in your designator have already been sent to OCS, and probably some behind the scene things as well.

chickenjohn

I got offered to leave on New Year's Eve (as opposed to Sep 2022). Keep at it.

RhodesReese

For enlisted Sailors applying, specifically for 1810,1820,1830.

This was recently shared with me and I wanted to share with those prior enlisted. Just remember when reading below that it's not official until you see an updated PA or NAVADMIN, but keep this in mind when applying. But what I foresee happening is TIS limit of 10 years for 1820/1830 when the new PA eventually comes out. So get the applications in ASAP before that happens.

Officer Candidate School (OCS)- As you are mentoring your enlisted Sailors interested in OCS, remember that CW has a 72 month (6 year) time in service (TIS) restriction (that is with a waiver). If you have phenomenal Sailors with more than 6 years TIS, 1820, 1830, and 1840 (screening required) do not currently have this TIS restriction, but 1820 and 1830 are adding one into their Program Authorization. From this most recent OCS board, the average GPA of our new Officer Candidates is 3.47 and average OAR was a 56. The next OCS board takes place in MAR22 (1810/1820) Intel takes place in FEB2022.

Attachments

• Comissioning-Options-for-CTx-Sailors.pdf
    389 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

This was recently shared with me and I wanted to share with those prior enlisted. Just remember when reading below that it's not official until you see an updated PA or NAVADMIN, but keep this in mind when applying. But what I foresee happening is TIS limit of 10 years for 1820/1830 when the new PA eventually comes out. So get the applications in ASAP before that happens.

Officer Candidate School (OCS)- As you are mentoring your enlisted Sailors interested in OCS, remember that CW has a 72 month (6 year) time in service (TIS) restriction (that is with a waiver). If you have phenomenal Sailors with more than 6 years TIS, 1820, 1830, and 1840 (screening required) do not currently have this TIS restriction, but 1820 and 1830 are adding one into their Program Authorization. From this most recent OCS board, the average GPA of our new Officer Candidates is 3.47 and average OAR was a 56. The next OCS board takes place in MAR22 (1810/1820) Intel takes place in FEB2022.
This is not surprising given how some of the other smaller designators have seen many priors leave after being retirement eligible.

If this out by the community it is likely the PA is close to being released, if you apply prior to the new PA coming out you should be under the old PA, once the new one is released you have to follow the new one.

The other thing is even though the new PA isn't release the community has shown their hand in regards to the parameters they are looking at, this means the board could decide that anyone that exceeds the TIS they have listed could automatically be rejected, it is their call.

The average you listed is actually the same average going back 15 years now, it shows you how they like high GPA's.

Zbisch1

I saw the board schedule says there will be a February board for 1830 only if required to account for attrition. Will applications from the November board be looked at again or will those interested have to resubmit another application?

exNavyOffRec

I saw the board schedule says there will be a February board for 1830 only if required to account for attrition. Will applications from the November board be looked at again or will those interested have to resubmit another application?
Once an application has been reviewed and given a Pro Rec N the application is dead, it will not be seen again for that designator unless it is resubmitted.

ciceronroma

Ciceron
I got offered to leave on New Year's Eve (as opposed to Sep 2022). Keep at it.
They offered something similar to me, but, if I don't see a letter, I won't believe anything. I just hope whatever it is, they tell me with at least a week or 2 of anticipation to quit my job and move all my things to my parents house for the foreseeable future. Then again, I've heard stories of having to pack up and ship in less than 2 days. Knowing my luck...

Creeping_Geep

What is the source of that slide?

RhodesReese

From the December Mustang Lariat, consistent with what the CW OCM put out with the slide above

6820 Update: 6820 LDO sundown is not official until a NAVADMIN is released, however, we anticipate FY23 being the last board. Information Warfare Community values enlisted experience, as such, we anticipate an increase in CWO billets and have adjusted the draft OCS PA to allow applicants to apply with up to 10 years prior TIS.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

From the most December Mustang Lariat, consistent with what the CW OCM put out with the slide above

6820 Update: 6820 LDO sundown is not official until a NAVADMIN is released, however, we anticipate FY23 being the last board. Information Warfare Community values enlisted experience, as such, we anticipate an increase in CWO billets and have adjusted the draft OCS PA to allow applicants to apply with up to 10 years prior TIS.
Their value in enlisted experience is what caused issues in the past, the 10 year limit should help.

The thing to remember is LDO goals for most communities are proportional to the community size, so I wouldn't expect a big increase, especially when some of those spots could go to USNA and NROTC for those who aren't URL qualified.