• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

exNavyOffRec

This has literally been my journey. I've gotten so much mixed guidance from career counselors, recruiters, mentors, etc.. I have fumbled through the package and I am basically done. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

One more question for you: I will need a med waiver due to my anxiety diagnosis. However, my doc recommended me for a waiver due to the adjustment disorder not hindering my ability to work effectively. That said, on the checklist it states "applicants must be fully medically qualified prior to the deadline in order to be forwarded to the Selection Board". How do I get fully qualified prior to the deadline if I submit my entire package all at once? And how long does it take to fully qualify someone with an adjustment disorder? Do I find out right away? Or does it take weeks or months?
This is where being AD helps out, NRC will take your medical info and send it for review and as long it is back prior to the info being sent to the board you will be fine.

Just beware that NRC will not approve all waivers, they may allow you to continue enlisted but not commission, I have seen this first hand several times.

The timeline for anything dealing with mental health can be tricky, NRC may want nothing more, or they may want additional consults prior to making a decision. They know how stressful being an officer can be and make sure they have all the data they need to say yes. I have seen more than one officer crying on at their desk due to the stress. I know of one Intel officer during a squadron tour had a CO that if she asked a question and the answer wasn't known would lose it and yell things like "why are you wasting our time" "do you know how to do your job", and so ended up spending many extra hours working. This is generally an oddity but you need to be prepared for really bad leaders and be able to deal with the stress.

This is where being AD helps out, NRC will take your medical info and send it for review and as long it is back prior to the info being sent to the board you will be fine.

Just beware that NRC will not approve all waivers, they may allow you to continue enlisted but not commission, I have seen this first hand several times.

The timeline for anything dealing with mental health can be tricky, NRC may want nothing more, or they may want additional consults prior to making a decision. They know how stressful being an officer can be and make sure they have all the data they need to say yes. I have seen more than one officer crying on at their desk due to the stress. I know of one Intel officer during a squadron tour had a CO that if she asked a question and the answer wasn't known would lose it and yell things like "why are you wasting our time" "do you know how to do your job", and so ended up spending many extra hours working. This is generally an oddity but you need to be prepared for really bad leaders and be able to deal with the stress.
Okay thank you very much

Hey all,

I spoke with the Intel OCS Program Manager this past Friday and he stated there will be no February board. I was under the impression that there were 6 quotas left to fill and the February board was gonna be used to fulfill that. Can anyone confirm? I still plan to submit as if there's a Feb board and worst case scenario is I end up in the summer board.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all,

I spoke with the Intel OCS Program Manager this past Friday and he stated there will be no February board. I was under the impression that there were 6 quotas left to fill and the February board was gonna be used to fulfill that. Can anyone confirm? I still plan to submit as if there's a Feb board and worst case scenario is I end up in the summer board.
1641781556520.png
1641781642485.png
There are the 6 spots left for NRC pro Y goal, now 24 have already shipped and 61 are awaiting (or were) so that makes 85 total and the NRC pro Y goal is 91 which means 6, however they can skip those 6 if they feel they have enough to guarantee shipping goal. Shipping goal is 65 so they already have 20 extra that will probably be going in FY 23

Go with your plan and if you get lucky with a Feb board great, if not you are set up for the next one.

exNavyOffRec

Is that the most recent one? The upcoming board dates are all FY21 for genoff
if they are using the same type form the numbers are all formulas so minimal work needed there but the dates are all manually inputted so often they aren't changed, but look to the right and it will show the next board month, blacked out generally means no board scheduled to pick current FY spots.

if they are using the same type form the numbers are all formulas so minimal work needed there but the dates are all manually inputted so often they aren't changed, but look to the right and it will show the next board month, blacked out generally means no board scheduled to pick current FY spots.
so we should not expect an intel board this year? Or can we expect one in June still for FY23??

RhodesReese

Newly updated Dashboard dated Jan14. Briefly looked at it but saw they increased the number they can select for CW by 1.

Attachments

• DCO, GENOFF, NUKE Dashboard 14 Jan 22.pdf
    400.8 KB · Views: 49

ciceronroma

Ciceron
I have a question, in the pro rec Y they gave me a date for OCS of the 6th of March. This is not the same as the Finsel, right? Also, if they do send a Finsel, will they send it a month before that date? Or is this purgatory fully random...

RhodesReese

21 Jan Dashboard. Increase in CW opportunities. CW is back in the green for potential applicants.

Attachments

• DCO, GENOFF, NUKE Dashboard - 21 Jan 22.pdf
    421.6 KB · Views: 55