• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC board 29-Nov-21

exNavyOffRec

Board on 15Nov21, ended on 23Nov, and results already out. That's a quick one.
That generally also includes NRC finding OCS dates and other verification so in actuality the board was probably just a day or two. They do sometimes go longer but that can be because they can't dedicate 8 straight hours a day to the review.

ciceronroma

Ciceron
I was wondering if anyone could help me answering some questions about T5 since I'm curious. First, did they start this process when they received our packages months ago, or are they JUST going to start now? I've read that the T5 can take about 6 months or more for a person such as myself, so it would be good if they have actually done some kind of work on the thing. Also, does anyone know more or less how many phone interviews they'll do with me? Will some bureaucratic loser on a power trip hook me up to a polythingamajig and scream in my face really personal messed up questions?

RhodesReese

I was wondering if anyone could help me answering some questions about T5 since I'm curious. First, did they start this process when they received our packages months ago, or are they JUST going to start now? I've read that the T5 can take about 6 months or more for a person such as myself, so it would be good if they have actually done some kind of work on the thing. Also, does anyone know more or less how many phone interviews they'll do with me? Will some bureaucratic loser on a power trip hook me up to a polythingamajig and scream in my face really personal messed up questions?
[/QUOT

I can’t speak for when they started your investigation, but mine didn’t start in the enlisted side until I went to boot camp. Also the results page states contact Miss Jodi Hanlon regarding the SCI portion. She might be able to answer more.
As for the polygraph I’ve taken mine twice now and no one has yelled at me. I’ve seen people fail because they stress too much. Go in and answer truthfully and just stay calm so you don’t mess with the machine. And you’ll be fine. Also you won’t be doing a lifestyle poly. They won’t be asking super personal questions. Just the basics

CarnesCJ

I can’t speak for when they started your investigation, but mine didn’t start in the enlisted side until I went to boot camp. Also the results page states contact Miss Jodi Hanlon regarding the SCI portion. She might be able to answer more.
As for the polygraph I’ve taken mine twice now and no one has yelled at me. I’ve seen people fail because they stress too much. Go in and answer truthfully and just stay calm so you don’t mess with the machine. And you’ll be fine. Also you won’t be doing a lifestyle poly. They won’t be asking super personal questions. Just the basics
Also, I've been in for 12, never done a poly. I've had to redo my investigation 2 times. I don't think it's a mandatory thing. Could be wrong.

ciceronroma

Ciceron
Ok. That does sound feasible. What worries me is that I filled my SF86 the way my recruiter told me to, especially the foreign contacts part, where I mention my ex, an Italian friend, and a couple friends from South America. He had told me to only mention close friends and stuff like that. But now what stresses me out is that I've read elsewhere that I should have written in EVERYONE I've met overseas: classmates, coworkers, drinking buddies, landlords, flat-mates, etc. Easily over 100 people. So now I'm stressed that I didn't fill in that part properly and it will get me in trouble.
Perhaps what stresses me out the most is not understanding what "acquaintances" means for an American. I've lived close to 15 years overseas, and if you know anything about Latin cultures is that it is far more communal and "friendlier" than American culture. So, that is where my confusion arises from. I'd hate to fail out because something wasn't "properly" filled in.

Does anyone know where a SWO-CW applicant would appear as a selectee, my recruiter has given me a lot of conflicting information over the last 2 months. However, I am still "in the system" I just haven't appeared on any "at board" list for swo or cw. Or any results list for either as well.

Thanks

Ok. That does sound feasible. What worries me is that I filled my SF86 the way my recruiter told me to, especially the foreign contacts part, where I mention my ex, an Italian friend, and a couple friends from South America. He had told me to only mention close friends and stuff like that. But now what stresses me out is that I've read elsewhere that I should have written in EVERYONE I've met overseas: classmates, coworkers, drinking buddies, landlords, flat-mates, etc. Easily over 100 people. So now I'm stressed that I didn't fill in that part properly and it will get me in trouble.
Currently have a TS and my SCI is processing. Sounds like you filled it out correctly. It is close people that could have an impact on your life choices for the most part. They will call you if they need clarification on something.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know where a SWO-CW applicant would appear as a selectee, my recruiter has given me a lot of conflicting information over the last 2 months. However, I am still "in the system" I just haven't appeared on any "at board" list for swo or cw. Or any results list for either as well.

Thanks
I put this on the other thread but there is no SWO-CW currently for OCS, it isn't on the current dashboard and I don't remember seeing it on the dashboard for last FY as well.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks
I missed part of this, if you weren't on the at board list maybe you didn't get to the board, how close to the due date did the application get submitted?

If you weren't on the at board list you could have still made it to board, however IWC didn't put out the non-select list so hard to tell if you were a N or just didn't make it to board.

RhodesReese

Perhaps what stresses me out the most is not understanding what "acquaintances" means for an American. I've lived close to 15 years overseas, and if you know anything about Latin cultures is that it is far more communal and "friendlier" than American culture. So, that is where my confusion arises from. I'd hate to fail out because something wasn't "properly" filled in.

if you speak with them once a month add them. If you are friends on fb or exchange emails add them.
I lived overseas as well prior to and during the Navy. I just report who I speak with or consider actual friends. If I don’t talk with them at all or anymore I don’t report them.