• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

I wonder how long us civilians should expect to wait for our FINSEL with reduced OCS class sizes and all. I’m hoping to get in as soon as possible since I don’t have anything holding me back.

Last edited:

Camille

I wonder how long us civilians should expect to wait for our FINSEL with reduced OCS class sizes and all. I’m hoping to get in as soon as possible since I don’t have anything holding me back.
Does that mean you got a ProRec-Yes?

ads21

Congrats on the select!

My recruiter sent me an email and she said the official select list, for 1820 at least, was put out. Is this the same as FINSEL? I feel like final select is after clearance, right? I'm currently setting up my clearance interview now though.

EO87

Congrats on the select!

My recruiter sent me an email and she said the official select list, for 1820 at least, was put out. Is this the same as FINSEL? I feel like final select is after clearance, right? I'm currently setting up my clearance interview now though.
Not the same as FINSEL from my understanding. You still have to pass the clearance interview and have your stuff finished before you can ship out. I believe the FINSEL letter is the one saying when your class up date is and stuff.

sd16g

Does anyone have an OCS date yet? My employer wanted a time frame of when my last day will be and I am not really sure what to tell them. I figured if someone had a date, it could be somewhat indicative of what the rest of us can expect. If not, has anyone's recruiter given them a guesstimate? July, August, September?

ads21

Does anyone have an OCS date yet? My employer wanted a time frame of when my last day will be and I am not really sure what to tell them. I figured if someone had a date, it could be somewhat indicative of what the rest of us can expect. If not, has anyone's recruiter given them a guesstimate? July, August, September?

I just got done with my pre-screen interview and am submitting my updated SF86, so I'm thinking it'll be a few more months. They say the average time for a TS/SCI from start to completion is 6-12 months, but maybe it'll only take 3, I'm not sure. I could be wrong, but I don't think you get a date and orders (FINSEL) until you get approved for your clearance. No point in sending you without one. I'm a civilian, so some of the AD guys or the former recruiters would probably have a better idea, this just makes some type of sense to me. Your recruiter would be the best person to hit up.

exNavyOffRec

I just got done with my pre-screen interview and am submitting my updated SF86, so I'm thinking it'll be a few more months. They say the average time for a TS/SCI from start to completion is 6-12 months, but maybe it'll only take 3, I'm not sure. I could be wrong, but I don't think you get a date and orders (FINSEL) until you get approved for your clearance. No point in sending you without one. I'm a civilian, so some of the AD guys or the former recruiters would probably have a better idea, this just makes some type of sense to me. Your recruiter would be the best person to hit up.

They can send you to OCS with just the preliminary done, it is rare they find something that would cause an issue.

exNavyOffRec

Trying to plan when OCS classes have been cut down to 50% is going to make this difficult, and going off of others is not going to make it easier as there are many individual factors.

You could be anywhere from July to whenever.