• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

A-Aron

Last week via email, I asked Mr Celestin if he knew the reason why there was such a huge disparity in timeline between AD and civilian results.
His response this morning was simply: civilians must contact their recruiters for updates.

My recruiter doesn’t know what’s going on so I’ll just go back to what I was doing before.

NCCGT

Last week via email, I asked Mr Celestin if he knew the reason why there was such a huge disparity in timeline between AD and civilian results.
His response this morning was simply: civilians must contact their recruiters for updates.

My recruiter doesn’t know what’s going on so I’ll just go back to what I was doing before.
View attachment 25596
If all the ORs had the same current and accurate information, then in theory his response would be fair. However, we all know that’s not true, which makes it...well, useless

Ancalagon

I've kind of mentally transitioned back into long-term waiting mode now. I don't think we're going to get any sort of insight or status update on what the hold-up is prior to the actual results.

NCCGT

I've kind of mentally transitioned back into long-term waiting mode now. I don't think we're going to get any sort of insight or status update on what the hold-up is prior to the actual results.
I mean I did say May 1 back before the board took place, then revised it to mid-May. So I wasn’t expecting results, but you’d think your main source for info (OR) would have an answer on possible result release timeframe or what’s taking so long almost 2 weeks after the AD got their results. You’d think...

Ancalagon

I mean I did say May 1 back before the board took place, then revised it to mid-May. So I wasn’t expecting results, but you’d think your main source for info (OR) would have an answer on possible result release timeframe or what’s taking so long almost 2 weeks after the AD got their results. You’d think...

Yeah. I don't know what the logic is for NRC to not be able to share status updates with officer recruiters' bosses or with the recruiters themselves. My only guess is to keep the integrity of the board selection system insulated against undue outside influence. I dunno, that's just my best guess as to why they keep everyone and their recruiters in the dark.

For what it's worth, I think we'll have results "soon". I figure each day that goes by makes it exponentially more likely that the next day will be the day we get that fateful call from our recruiters. ?

exNavyOffRec

View attachment 25596
He said exactly what he is supposed to say, and odds are he doesn't know the answer.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah. I don't know what the logic is for NRC to not be able to share status updates with officer recruiters' bosses or with the recruiters themselves. My only guess is to keep the integrity of the board selection system insulated against undue outside influence. I dunno, that's just my best guess as to why they keep everyone and their recruiters in the dark.

For what it's worth, I think we'll have results "soon". I figure each day that goes by makes it exponentially more likely that the next day will be the day we get that fateful call from our recruiters. ?
giving a status doesn't have any impact on the integrity of the board, one thing to remember is they added a step to releasing results which is giving OCS dates, now if you consider how OCS classes are reduced that will affect how many of each designator can go to OCS, the AD guys are already paid by the USN so it makes sense if anyone is to go to get them moving to OCS. We are in a unique time so patience and flexibility are the words to go by now.

A-Aron

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the minimum number of days the Navy requires between PROREC-Y and Report NLT date? I highly doubt that any of us civilians will be slated for the upcoming class (report NLT May 10). I know most of us won't be ready with Appendix B knowledge if we are called upon to show up at Newport, RI this coming Sunday. Ideally, we should be studying every day regardless of when the results come out.

Griesyburger

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the minimum number of days the Navy requires between PROREC-Y and Report NLT date? I highly doubt that any of us civilians will be slated for the upcoming class (report NLT May 10). I know most of us won't be ready with Appendix B knowledge if we are called upon to show up at Newport, RI this coming Sunday. Ideally, we should be studying every day regardless of when the results come out.
I have no idea what the rules are but I was picked up for supply about a week and a half ago and I am to report on May 10th along with several other people from that board.

CWO_change

At least when I was at OCS some years back, I knew nothing from Appendix B before arriving. Unless things changed drastically since then, you still had time to learn Apppendix B before you actually needed it for inspection. Hell, we didnt even meet our class team for the first week. And I dont think we used anything in Appendix B seriously until RLP. Now, if you know Appendix B before arriving, you'll be ahead of the game. But unless things changed drastically since I was at OCS, not knowing Appendix B before arrival isnt fatal by any means.

A-Aron

And just like that, we all switched back to short-term waiting. Thanks sd16g!