• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

Ancalagon

Still no civilian applicant results...
My recruiter's been checking daily for our results. Sounds like they have to go indirectly through higher in order to check on the status of the board. As of this morning (prior to Navy people above reported seeing it on their BOL) the response from higher was that "results weren't posted yet".

Maybe tomorrow!

Last edited:

EO87

My recruiter's been checking daily for our results. Sounds like they have to go indirectly through higher in order to check on the status of the board. As of this morning (prior to Navy people above reported seeing it on their BOL) the response was that "results weren't posted yet".

Maybe tomorrow!
My command didnt even know. I found out through BOL and then told my chief. Suddenly my CoC was calling lol

sd16g

My recruiter's been checking daily for our results. Sounds like they have to go indirectly through higher in order to check on the status of the board. As of this morning (prior to Navy people above reported seeing it on their BOL) the response from higher was that "results weren't posted yet".

Maybe tomorrow!
Good info, thank you!

GodisGoodAlways

Trust the Process!
Hey, I am impressed that you have all those certs even though you were an HM. You can actually get a pretty decent to well-paying job as a contractor just with those certs alone (even as entry-level). Message me if you are interested in further details.

Tried to be proactive as best as I can, I staggered those certs every 1-2 years. I am thinking the lack of OJT time (near impossible as a corpsman with a specialty) and my OAR score. Could've done better, but I was down to my last year in my contract when I got my undergrad, and had to juggle everything else. From what I have heard though, they pick more on the civilian side? And prior military experience has more leverage than without prior experience? Let's see if I get commissioned in the next 1-2 years, before my Silver Ticket expires.

exNavyOffRec

Tried to be proactive as best as I can, I staggered those certs every 1-2 years. I am thinking the lack of OJT time (near impossible as a corpsman with a specialty) and my OAR score. Could've done better, but I was down to my last year in my contract when I got my undergrad, and had to juggle everything else. From what I have heard though, they pick more on the civilian side? And prior military experience has more leverage than without prior experience? Let's see if I get commissioned in the next 1-2 years, before my Silver Ticket expires.

OAR is what gets you to be seen, not really a factor in selection. In general IWC has a low selection rate often hovering around 10% sometimes higher, sometimes lower, so a person can have a very good application and still not get selected.

Years ago they nearly exclusively selected from those currently enlisted, then they switched to primarily civilian, more of mix is better.

again very selective designator, very very good people get passed over all the time, I know you are disappointed unfortunately you have lots of company.

dsv493

that makes no sense unless they are having trouble figuring out OCS dates.
I know of a few applicants from other warfare communities who have had their OCS dates changed on them due to the current climate and predicted situation in several weeks/months

CWO_change

Congrats to everyone selected. PRO-REC N for me as well for 1820.

Here are my stats:
-10 yrs HM
-45 OAR (with waiver)
-3.87 GPA
-O-4 (18000) LOR
-O-3 (18200) LOR
-O-3 (HCA) LOR
-Certs: Sec+, Net+, A+

Hopefully, the next time I get picked up.

Best of luck next time! If I can offer a word of advice, I would try to get a recommendation from a senior (preferably, IWC) officer, and preferably one who has held an IWC command. My old XO--now an O6 1810 at OPNAV N2N6--says that while he is happy to write LORs for officer programs (and that LORs from senior officers generally do carry more weight than LORs from JOs), letters from senior officers who have held command carry more weight. And keep working on certs and other things to help spruce up your package even more!