• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 10 JUN 2019

alohse

Just notified it was a no for me for CW and Intel. On to the next submission. I have been studying and am scheduled to retake my OAR in hopes of a major improvement. Good luck to the rest of you.

CW_Davis

Just notified it was a no for me for CW and Intel. On to the next submission. I have been studying and am scheduled to retake my OAR in hopes of a major improvement. Good luck to the rest of you.
Where you told there was a sixth month wait u til you could re-apply?

alohse

Where you told there was a sixth month wait u til you could re-apply?
There has to be a significant change in your package, which includes a better OAR score. So if I do get a better score, I do not have to wait six months. Finishing degrees, or obtaining new qualifications, etc would count however I was told Improving motivational statements or adding new interviews do not count as a significant change.

CW_Davis

There has to be a significant change in your package, which includes a better OAR score. So if I do get a better score, I do not have to wait six months. Finishing degrees, or obtaining new qualifications, etc would count however I was told Improving motivational statements or adding new interviews do not count as a significant change.
That’s interesting that we were given separate criteria on re-applying. I would think there would be some rule or standard that all applicants should follow.

alohse

I

I was simply told I had to wait 6 months. My recruiter believes my package is great but apparently there’s a six month re-apply rule now. Maybe it’s at the recruiting squadron level that the criteria is decided?
Hmmm, yeah. I have no idea. I have a great recruiter. He seems knowledgeable and has yet to steer me wrong, so I am going with what he tells me. If you're in doubt, I'd do a little digging. Not all recruiters are created equal. There are also a LOT of answers here with some digging into other threads. If there is a new rule, I have yet to hear about it, though that doesn't mean its not true. LOL

CW_Davis

Hmmm, yeah. I have no idea. I have a great recruiter. He seems knowledgeable and has yet to steer me wrong, so I am going with what he tells me. If you're in doubt, I'd do a little digging. Not all recruiters are created equal. There are also a LOT of answers here with some digging into other threads. If there is a new rule, I have yet to hear about it, though that doesn't mean its not true. LOL
My recruiter is fantastic and I don’t believe she would just pull it from thin air. That’s what makes me believe this could be location based. Not sure though, I could probably just ask and see.

Jmanstar

Does anyone know the official number of packages selected or is that still not out and people are just finding out prior.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter is fantastic and I don’t believe she would just pull it from thin air. That’s what makes me believe this could be location based. Not sure though, I could probably just ask and see.

The hard signed copy of the results will often have a statement that says something like "those not professional recommend can reapply 6 months from this date"

This has been standard for many years, and I have seen application kicked back that didn't meet the 6 month rule, the easiest thing to do is retake the OAR.