• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"It's not all choker whites and Dining Outs"

moestud

I would have to agree with ladyjay, you have NO IDEA what goes on at ocs or even the navy for that matter. Join the navy, then maybe you can say you know what really goes on. I would challenge you to spend 13 weeks getting your ass handed to you (well, maybe 10 weeks). What you do really know about is life as a wife/girlfriend of someone in the navy, and you saw the worst of it. That sucks, but I am sure that every woman has a story where there significant other cheated on them. Get over it, we all have.

Oh, forgot something. I also went to ocs in the same time frame as your ex, so I probably met him, or even indoc'd him. And no, I did not sleep w/ him or have his baby.

Kimphils Girl

Spyce is actually right on with her account of OCS. If you watch "An Officer and a Gentleman" you will see that it's true. The Okie from Muskokee got a girl pregnant even though he was engaged to his brother's ex-girlfriend back home. In Pensacola the girls line up outside the base waiting for OCs and they all prowl Seville Quarter and Maquires looking to pick up thier free ticket out of Alabama. I'm actually really worried about my OC even though he's trying for Marines OCS... The Marines are just as bad about cheating as the navy guys are.

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

moestud

Ok, once again... Unless you've gone to OCS, you have not a clue as to what goes on. And watching an officer and a gentleman DOES NOT QUALIFY. OCS is nothing like an officer and a gentleman. And no, there is not a line of pensacola "hoochies" waiting to take your man. Most of the times, it is your "man" persuing the girls. Don't get me wrong, there are always aggressive types of girls, but it takes two to tango.

Kimphils Girl

From what I've heard, "An Officer and a Gentleman" is a realistic portrayal of AOCS. So if you don't know what you're talking about, then please do not criticize me. Thank you. I hope this helps.

jet_ifr

I'm interested in these "pensacola hoochies," how do I become one? What line do I have to stand in? Does the Navy turn you into one? Kimphils Girl's: what does your brother know about this?

People need to lighten up a little...?

I fly. Me pilot?

spyce

Here's a good one for all of you who've actually BEEN to OCS and are so knowledgeable about military life:

http://www.blockbuster.com/bb/movie/details/0,7286,VID-V+++152512,00.html

Kimphils Girl

Originally posted by Pap
From what I've heard, "An Officer and a Gentleman" is a realistic portrayal of AOCS

Here is some more research from the Discovery Channel documentary: An Officer and a Gentlemen.

Come on, you cant seriously be trying to use that movie to form your ideas about the Navy. There is no line of women trying to hit on OC’s at Seville Quarter. I should know, I went there enough times trying to look for them.

Get over it, real life OCS has NOTHING to do with the movie.

From what I've heard the movie is fairly accurate about the life of an aviation officer candidate. Two exceptions that I know of are (1) OCS is in Pensacola, Florida not Washington State (the producers relocated their OCS to Washington because the Navy didn't cooperate with the filming. I don't think they appreciated officer candidates being portrayed as horny, suicidal womanizers and deadbeat dads). And (2) the wall on the obstacle course is much higher than the real thing (good drama). Could be more, I don't know, never been to AOCS.

My point in using Officer and a Gentlemen is factual accuracy, or as the case may be, factual inaccuracy. The information that I've been reading is accurate (and Officer and a Gentleman, again, is an illustration) but not current. So reading something printed last year (2002) may be not reflect current practice. What I have been reading is consistent with Officer and a Gentlemen. That's why I used it.

Anyone who tries to claim that military people don't cheat is kidding themselves!!! Come on people!! Everyone except my OC, that is.

moestud

Spyce, if the best you can do is reference Tailhook, then I recant my last challenge for you to go to ocs. BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T SURVIVE A MINUTE IN OCS or the navy.

Don't tell me how you think the navy is, because you have no idea.

moestud

Originally posted by Kimphils Girl
From what I've heard, "An Officer and a Gentleman" is a realistic portrayal of AOCS. So if you don't know what you're talking about, then please do not criticize me.

As was already stated, there is no AOCS. OCS trains all naval officers. And I do know what I am talking about since I graduated with class 10-99 and I am in flight training. So I guess I can criticize you.....

Get a clue.

Dave Shutter

Officer and a Gentleman...sure. Poopie week only lasts five minutes after which you're wisked away to your dining out where the ladies are waiting to give it up. Yup! Everyone also gets five minutes to to smack their DI around on Tue, week 10, just before becoming Candi-O's too!

Good movie but let's not get silly. You want a good corelation: Hollywood Navy movies at large are to the real thing what Steven Segal movies are to real police work. Ask any Cop, he'll tell you; back-up, partners, paperwork...NOT! And they're all trained at the Academy to break bank robbers arms in six places before throwing them through plate glass windows. Chief of police doesn't like your methods? Knock him the hell out! Serious.