• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
I'm sure he would deny the Russian culpability in the MH17 shootdown.

I'm sure that 777 had been shot down by Russian SAM, period. And I'm pretty convinced the Russian secret services had played their part in this Iranian case since Mr. Putin was in Syria with Assad two days ago. I don't know who killed this UIA liner but I know for sure this time Ukranian part is just scapegoat, period.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I've already seen the ELINT and OPIR data on this engagement, which was referenced in USG statements today. I wholeheartedly disagree with your lay assessment. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. This should further serve to illustrate the Max is not some cheeky, unaffiliated Ukrainian, but fully invested in spreading the clumsy, incompetent Russian party line and disinformation campaign that is aligned with the Iran and Syrian regimes. I'm sure he would deny the Russian culpability in the MH17 shootdown as well.
So ban him

kejo

pilot
Why would ATC have detailed knowledge of outgoing strikes that happened hundreds of miles away, or SA about the alert posture of the Iranian IADS? Presumably they keep a tight lid on that.

FAA rep sits right across from me. There for SA. Perhaps they have an equivalent?

My guess is no.

johnboyA6E

None
Why would ATC have detailed knowledge of outgoing strikes that happened hundreds of miles away, or SA about the alert posture of the Iranian IADS? Presumably they keep a tight lid on that.

not 'detailed' knowledge, but
from what was being shown on US cable news, it appeared that Iranian news was showing the images of the missile launches non stop, and bragging about 'dozens of US personnel killed' in the attack. i would assume that by early the next morning, most of the Iranian population was pretty aware of what had just happened
lot of bad decisions by a lot of people to let the plane launch

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
... Good job, Iran.
It gets even better.

From a BBC article:
Canada... is also a popular destination for Iranian graduate and postdoctoral students to study and conduct research abroad, which is why many students were on the flight, returning to university following the winter break.

Oh, Iran, killing off your best and brightest since 1979 whether by design or by accident.

Source:

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

IwannabeaPHROGdvr69

pilot
Amazing that politically - which is all that really matters- we’ve already lost any war that would happen anytime soon. A large section of the media decried our “provocations” the last few weeks, even as an American embassy was under siege by Iranian supported militias. The house votes to limit Trump’s powers after Iran shoots 12 ballistic missiles at US forces. Apparently the Iranian/Russian etc propaganda machine is so strong that our own congress members play right into the game and feed our enemies even more fodder. Incredible how the overt hate for one man can go so deeply that an elected representative would make statements that are so directly counter to any strategic aims the US has and feed directly into the propaganda machine.

taxi1

pilot
The house voted to limit his powers because he almost got us into a war, and congress needs to be a part of getting into wars. It is actually written into our Constitution.

You trust the Iranian ballistic missile engineers enough to trust that they were going to precisely hit unoccupied spots on our bases? That their guidance systems were that good? An impressive feat, actually, one that could have been easily gone wrong with dead Americans resulting. No idea if we tried to shoot them down, but if so we could have disrupted its controls and turned it into an unguided bomb at low altitude, where it lands nobody knows. What then? Off to the races? 52 cultural sites attacked as promised?

Folks were absolutely hair trigger that night. They shot down an airliner, that’s how tightly wound they were. The fact that Trump actually talked sort of like an adult the next day is telling too.