• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran

Farva01

BKR
pilot
Just released from the Pentagon.

Attachments

• 996BE1CC-4187-49C1-A588-EF80415C599F.png
    996BE1CC-4187-49C1-A588-EF80415C599F.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 336

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Funny, last month they asked CNATRA pilots who still had a valid NATOPs check in the Super Hornet

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Kind of a standard press release...

The Quds has been pulling this kind of stuff with us pretty much ever since the insurgency blew up fifteen years ago... and we hit them back when we could.

It's really surprising to me that we bagged the big man with this one. Surprising that we got him and surprising that we were bold enough to hit his convoy.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, this time he lost.

I wonder if he was driving on Route Irish when we hit him. Several years ago a lot of our guys got hit by his EFPs along that road... and a lot of his 107mm rockets (and sometimes larger) passed through that area on their way to his friends for them to shoot at us. That'd be pretty fitting.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kind of a standard press release...

The Quds has been pulling this kind of stuff with us pretty much ever since the insurgency blew up fifteen years ago... and we hit them back when we could.

It's really surprising to me that we bagged the big man with this one. Surprising that we got him and surprising that we were bold enough to hit his convoy.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, this time he lost.

I wonder if he was driving on Route Irish when we hit him. Several years ago a lot of our guys got hit by his EFPs along that road... and a lot of his 107mm rockets (and sometimes larger) passed through that area on their way to his friends for them to shoot at us. That'd be pretty fitting.
I shed zero tears for Suleimani, but it will be interesting to see how this escalates, because this is as though the Quds Force just took out our CNO. Shit's gonna get real pretty quick.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
this is as though the Quds Force just took out our CNO.
Kinda like that, but also kinda like if the CIA was about ten times the size it is, if it did that much more stuff than it does now, and if the director a public figure and a national hero... but also not exactly like either of those things.

Agreed, it's a really big deal(!)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I have my opinion on the matter. At the risk of a cop out, it should probably stay at the PNA forum level or better for the sake of the kids.

Any chance we can get a thread split so we can hear your opinion? I'm interested. Not sarcastic.