• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting ATC clip

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Found this clip. This is from Orlando Approach dealing with Allegiant Air 758 with a hung nose gear.

Some Maule Sea plane buffoon gets on frequency and just acts unprofessionally. ATC holds it together. Interesting few minutes.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was thinking more along the lines of "Asshat," but douche bag is good, too.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Unbelievable ... what a fool. Every pilot should know that there is a time and place for discussion, but not on Approach and especially not during an emergency. Fun to listen to though.:D

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
What was he hoping for? An apology? Does he actually think that the ATC guy gives a rats ass about some GA pilot's opinion of his skills or priorities? It just doesn't seem like there's anything to gain from being a dick to ATC (unless you're dealing with the People's Republic of Cherry Point ATC). Then I totally get it.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Wasteful? Yeah...ATC is definitely there to save you fuel during someone elses emergency.:eek:

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
They will let anybody fly these days ... including me!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone should tell this idiot that anytime ATC is supplying you with a phone number, something is not at all as it should be . . .

millerjd

Stayin' alive
If I were ATC, I would hope he called so they could start taking names and get the FAA involved on interfering with an emergency. We could look up his tail number and all write him a kind and informative letter :)

We get "asshats" in PHX Class B airspace all the time, and for some reason, even though there is a pre-defined VFR corridor for GA, people will still request VFR vectors.... Here is the conversation from one of my training flights on a really busy day

GA Flight: "PHX ATC, requesting Class Bravo VFR vectors from xxx to xxx"
PHX: "You are already inside my airspace, please exit and call in 15 minutes"
GA Flight: "Uh... Roger..."
15 minutes later...
GA Flight: "PHX ATC, requesting Class Bravo VFR vectors..."
PHX ATC: "Uh... Let me see if I can move those air carriers for you... (sarcastically) Please call back in 20 minutes and remain out of class bravo"
.....dead silence on the radio while we are in the transition vfr corridor......
(Who wants to be the first to talk to ATC after he gets pissed off?)
My Flight Instructor: "PHX ATC, Varga xxx"
PHX ATC: "Go ahead Varga"
Flight Instructor: "Could you vector some air carriers for us"
PHX ATC: *bursts out laughing* "Uh..... that's a negative"

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Finally listened to that tape. amazing. bet the guy was a doctor or something.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
What an a$$clown!

"I dont appreciate that kind of vectoring. Very very wasteful."

This guy just couldnt let it go. I've never heard anyone hog up the radio like that. Good on the controller for keeping his cool. Great clip on what NOT to do on the radios. Thanks for sharing!

KBayDog

The funny thing is that, for those not familiar with the area, Lake Jesup is not all that large - it is not like the guy was being vectored across Lake Superior or anything. It is also VERY close to Orlando-Sanford - less than two miles in some parts.