• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting ATC clip

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What an a$$clown!

"I dont appreciate that kind of vectoring. Very very wasteful."

This guy just couldnt let it go. I've never heard anyone hog up the radio like that. Good on the controller for keeping his cool. Great clip on what NOT to do on the radios. Thanks for sharing!

Agreed, he just wouldn't let up and during an emergency no less. He should have concentrated on flying his bug smasher and made the call afte rhe landed...no that he had ANY merit to his beef. I hope they tracked him down and let him have it....and put his side number on the "no transit" through their airspace list. What a pompous buffoon! I think he merits elevation to NTAC (no talent a$$ clown).

Tom

pilot
Contributor
i dont know much specifically about that aircraft but why are the inboard gear doors still open, unless the gear were in transition at the time the picture was taken which seems impossible, i would think they should be up
The aircraft is having a landing gear problem. Perhaps that is the reason for the MLG doors being open.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
If I were ATC, I would hope he called so they could start taking names and get the FAA involved on interfering with an emergency. We could look up his tail number and all write him a kind and informative letter :)

Done and done...

N-number : N368FSAircraft Serial Number : 23097C
Aircraft Manufacturer : MAULE
Model : M-7-235B
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : O-540-B4B5
Aircraft Year : 2006
Owner Name : HENSCH RICHARD L DBA
Owner Address : 259 ROBIN CT
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL, 32701-5021
Type of Owner : Individual
Registration Date : 04-Oct-2006
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A threadjack or maybe I should have started a new thread:

It seems that throughout the various naval/air force bases around the country, people flying different platforms seem to talk pretty differently on the radios. I'm sure a lot of it is a culture thing, but...

Why do helo guys talk so much at North Island? (and yes, there are a ton of helo guys... but even on base frequency they talk a lot)

Do P-3 guys talk more (or slower) than boat guys? (once heard a RAG student, on downwind, go on and on and on about the gear being down and locked while two T-45s were approaching initial at the exact same time... granted it could just be a rag student thing)

I know us COD guys typically screw around on the radios more at the boat... (what other joys can we get?)

The reason I tend to think it's a culture difference is because of my training in the E2/C2 pipeline. T-34s were help/P-3 bubbas, T-44s were P-3/C-130 bubbas, and then of course Kingsville. I remember that everything was read back ver batim in the T-44 while the minimum was read back in -45 land. Any thoughts?

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
It would probably blow a P-3 guys mind watching an entire case I launch and recovery, and no one ever says a word.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

It seems that throughout the various naval/air force bases around the country, people flying different platforms seem to talk pretty differently on the radios. I'm sure a lot of it is a culture thing, but...

Why do helo guys talk so much at North Island? (and yes, there are a ton of helo guys... but even on base frequency they talk a lot)

Do P-3 guys talk more (or slower) than boat guys? (once heard a RAG student, on downwind, go on and on and on about the gear being down and locked while two T-45s were approaching initial at the exact same time... granted it could just be a rag student thing)

I know us COD guys typically screw around on the radios more at the boat... (what other joys can we get?)

The reason I tend to think it's a culture difference is because of my training in the E2/C2 pipeline. T-34s were help/P-3 bubbas, T-44s were P-3/C-130 bubbas, and then of course Kingsville. I remember that everything was read back ver batim in the T-44 while the minimum was read back in -45 land. Any thoughts?

Comm brevity is definitely emphasized at VT-86 for the TACAIR NFOs - there was even a dedicated lecture given during my time there. IMO, you can't afford to be verbose on a busy strike net and the same goes for operating in a busy terminal area. The P-3 guys are definitely excessive talkers, but mercifully, they seem to have a preference for VHF at NUW, so I'm spared most of their inane babblings. ;)

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Why do Army guys use Guard as their Combat Common freq?????

phrogpilot73

Why do Army guys use Guard as their Combat Common freq?????
Well put. I think so.

You want impressive comm brevity? It would blow ANY aviator's mind to see an entire taxi, take off, departure and arrival at the objective area of a flight of 8 CH-46E, 4 CH-53E, 4 AH-1W, 2 UH-1N, 2 AV-8B without a single word spoken on the radio. EMCON launch at MAWTS-1 is impressive. First and only time that I saw the light gun signals...

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Well put. I think so.

You want impressive comm brevity? It would blow ANY aviator's mind to see an entire taxi, take off, departure and arrival at the objective area of a flight of 8 CH-46E, 4 CH-53E, 4 AH-1W, 2 UH-1N, 2 AV-8B without a single word spoken on the radio. EMCON launch at MAWTS-1 is impressive. First and only time that I saw the light gun signals...

Kind of what I was talking about with the comm out recovery. An entire launch, with the previous cycle holding in a stack overhead, at the last launch off the waist, the guys at the bottom of the stack have already broken the deck, and started the recovery, rolling into the groove the second the deck goes green, then recovering 15-20 planes (with maybe a bolter or three)... and no one ever says a word. The only light gun signals we have are the cut lights on the ball.

And that's not a special circumstance. It's SOP.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...at the last launch off the waist, the guys at the bottom of the stack have already broken the deck, and started the recovery, rolling into the groove the second the deck goes green

Slash, that Hornet breaking the deck cuts off the COD coming in from Starboard D (who per local EMCON procedures is to wait for some mysterious light signal and then break the deck...or... just break the deck since no light signal is ever seen from starboard D) and causes all sorts of pain for the Handler. :)