• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
I hated RLP. I failed it 3 times and got caught in a 2 month roll cycle which for 3 failures shouldn't have happened. That earned me my class nickname.

But yeah, the only funny thing about RLP was that I was a part of the class that received the 10:00 to dinner chow beating for a 0% pass rate. I rolled out and said class went on to become an honor class. I said wow.
so how was the fireworks during the 4th of july? :)

its interesting that they're spreading the suck... it used to be that the 8th week PI was just a time waster but now that they're moving the officer portion to that point means it should be easier in terms of studying but spreads the stress level more evenly.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

its interesting that they're spreading the suck... it used to be that the 8th week PI was just a time waster but now that they're moving the officer portion to that point means it should be easier in terms of studying but spreads the stress level more evenly.

I agree with you to some degree, but the flip side of the coin is that ALL the stress that was RLP before made it into a veritable crucible which separated those who could handle it from those who couldn't.

Granted, I failed it twice and rolled myself, so I guess at first, I couldn't handle it. :)

BackOrdered

Contributor

Wouldn't know:icon_tong

I agree but we will see what "Mr. OCS" has to say about that.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Granted, I failed it twice and rolled myself, so I guess at first, I couldn't handle it. :)
pfft, don't discount the bs factor in RLP, either. We had a guy who left clothespins on his khakis on the reinspect pass.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot

cdrsniper

Lovin' life....
1. Yep, no more bear crawling. The real question is who was the last candidate in the regiment to do one.
2. No Pcola for me as i am a Supply weenie. But this site has been extremely helpful all the same.

Our class was bear crawled to death! The first 4 classes in Newport bear crawled everywhere during morning PT, and our DI Star jumped the ever living shit out of us one day for about 2 hrs. Glad to hear the bear crawls are gone, but that just means more time for star jumpers

Kowala

yeah bunny hops definitely suck. get use to bunny hopping at least 300yards... thats what we had to do for indoc week haha. my di loves those.