• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

Bear crawls replaced with star jumps? I don't understand the correlation. I'm not an OCS fella so I did both. But crawls burn your shoulders and star jumps burn your legs...

BackOrdered

Contributor
Bear crawls replaced with star jumps? I don't understand the correlation. I'm not an OCS fella so I did both. But crawls burn your shoulders and star jumps burn your legs...

OCS does both too. Why star jumpers i'll never know. But they must have had a meeting of the minds because all the DIs have replaced "Bear crawl right now!" with "Star jumps begin!"

utak

catch.png

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, CONGRATS on your commissioning and enjoy the stash job.

-ea6bflyr ;)

BackOrdered

Contributor
Yes, CONGRATS on your commissioning and enjoy the stash job.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Thank you, sir. And thanks to everyone on this site. It's so trippy reading my old posts and how worked up I was about making it then seeing the ENS tag on my user title today. Hard work and dedication really does pay off. :D:thumbup_1

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hated RLP. I failed it 3 times and got caught in a 2 month roll cycle which for 3 failures shouldn't have happened. That earned me my class nickname.

But yeah, the only funny thing about RLP was that I was a part of the class that received the 10:00 to dinner chow beating for a 0% pass rate. I rolled out and said class went on to become an honor class. I said wow.

Hmm, is there a trend here? Earned a nickname for RLP repeat x 3. Once you left, class does stellar???? What did they say other than bestowing you with a nickname? Regardless, that should be in your rearview mirror as you focus on being an officer rather doing the kabuki dance trying to become one.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Shame. I always liked the bear crawl. Congrats fellow ENS.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Hmm, is there a trend here? Earned a nickname for RLP repeat x 3. Once you left, class does stellar???? What did they say other than bestowing you with a nickname? Regardless, that should be in your rearview mirror as you focus on being an officer rather doing the kabuki dance trying to become one.

The class I rolled into nearly got honor class but half of us geniuses failed Naval Warfare. oh well. OCS is definitely behind me save for the many awesome people I met along the way.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Naval Warfare was the easiest in the "academic" curriculum....
How'd you guys bone that job up???

BackOrdered

Contributor
Naval Warfare was the easiest in the "academic" curriculum....
How'd you guys bone that job up???

I only had to hear my class team ask that a million times. It may have to do with the fact we were the first class to take the new electronic version of the test. No more paper pencil tests at OCS except for Nav and Mobos.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I only had to hear my class team ask that a million times. It may have to do with the fact we were the first class to take the new electronic version of the test. No more paper pencil tests at OCS except for Nav and Mobos.

Sorry to pontificate....but that was such a goddamn easy test if you had a modicum of knowledge of Naval History.... congrats on your commissioning....it really dosn't matter anymore.