• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA Questions Answered Here

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HR: Think Civil Affairs. Rebuilding the country with time and cash. Good luck.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Despite a great plan to go to the RAG as a DH, despite volunteering for a PRT IA two months ago, despite asking for a JCCS or PRT IA again, despite raising my hand for a 131X ISR IA...it looks like an HR IA to Afghanistan. Need to fill with a 12XX but none are available. And I'm on the Alert-5. So, does anybody know what an HR guy would be doing advising the Afghan Army? I wanted to contribute but I had more warrior-like aspirations than filling an HR position. I don't even think I get a weapon.

Where can I buy one of those armored vehicles above?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Is it possible to volunteer for IA as an Ensign prior to flight school, coming from NROTC? Would there be any advantages to this? (Possibly better shore tour selection?)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C420: Your first goal should be to earn your wings and move on to your fleet squadron.

Top Gun 101: Go to www.nko.navy.mil and take a look at the IAs available. You could also talk to your chain of command and detailer. You must have command approval to apply.

-ea6bflyr

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Is it possible to volunteer for IA as an Ensign prior to flight school, coming from NROTC? Would there be any advantages to this? (Possibly better shore tour selection?)

i wanna volunteer for I.A. real bad, is there a high possibility of getting accepted?
Suckers! The IA does nothing for an aviator's career unless he has wings. Throw the idea to the backburner and hope IAs aren't around in 4 years when it is going to matter. Your shore tour selection is going to be based upon what you do in your fleet squadron, the FITREP you get, and how well your CO likes you.....do you think the RAG or Topgun is going to want you after you have been out of the cockpit for a year handing out MRE's to...cough cough desert dwellers? No! Agree to disagree anyone.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Suckers! The IA does nothing for an aviator's career unless he has wings. Throw the idea to the backburner and hope IAs aren't around in 4 years when it is going to matter. Your shore tour selection is going to be based upon what you do in your fleet squadron, the FITREP you get, and how well your CO likes you.....do you think the RAG or Topgun is going to want you after you have been out of the cockpit for a year handing out MRE's to...cough cough desert dwellers? No! Agree to disagree anyone.

I agree. Performance as a fleet JO will determine if you make O-4/DH. Performance as an O-4/DH will detemine if you make O-5/XO/CO.

When JCCS-1 was stood up, they told us that it was the most important mission in the Navy and would help us get promoted. Well, I have been passed over twice since then.....time to plan for retirement at 20.

Fred

When JCCS-1 was stood up, they told us that it was the most important mission in the Navy and would help us get promoted. Well, I have been passed over twice since then.....time to plan for retirement at 20.

Didn't do anything for thier for last CO either. He was sent there specifically to get joint qualified ...then a few months into his tour.....opps...sorry dude, it's not a joint classifed job after all.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Yes, I am due to who I worked for...however, most JCCS-1 guys are NOT getting joint credit. You can always nominate yourself, but the jury is still out on IF most of us will get it.
So I checked my Officer Data Card on BUPERS and under Additional Qual Designators, I have J50 IA JT OPS. Does anyone know if this means I received "Joint" credit for my IA?