• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA Questions Answered Here

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Folks,
I am currently on an Individual Augmentation to JCCS-1 under RFF-611. I am stationed in Baghdad and would like to offer my services to anyone either contemplating an IA or others that were "chosen" to serve on an IA. I've seen quite a few flight attrites coming through JCCS-1 HQ.

I will answer any IA questions that any of you might have.

Fire away!

-ea6bflyr

PS: Lots of IA info on my blog: http://todaysnarmy(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Fred

Are you getting joint credit while in JCCS-1? I've heard several people were sent to that particular command under they guise of getting joint credit, only to find out months into their tour......so sorry, it doesn’t count.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, I am due to who I worked for...however, most JCCS-1 guys are NOT getting joint credit. You can always nominate yourself, but the jury is still out on IF most of us will get it.

-ea6bflyr

Are you getting joint credit while in JCCS-1? I've heard several people were sent to that particular command under they guise of getting joint credit, only to find out months into their tour......so sorry, it doesn’t count.

fusu

ea6bflyr,

this may be a dumb question (considering I'm not really clear on what an IA is), but do you know of any Navy Intel officers pulling IA's in Iraq?

Thanks

fusu

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
ea6bflyr,

this may be a dumb question (considering I'm not really clear on what an IA is), but do you know of any Navy Intel officers pulling IA's in Iraq?

Thanks

fusu
:banghead_ They exist....it is where an INDIVIDUAL is assigned to AUGMENT a command. So you could be on your shore tour and sent to Afghanistan or Djibouti or another beautiful vacation spot for typically 6-12 months. 508 days is the worst I know of.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
ea6bflyr,

Thanks

fusu

I know of many Navy 1630's pulling IA's in Iraq and Afghanistan.

IA stand for individual augmentation, and they do just that. The augment forces person by person (individually) forces that are already deployed in those regions. A COCOM indentifies missing skillsets in theater and then request personnel with these skills to fill those gaps. I think, but am not sure, that these are skill based fills, and not just body based.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think, but am not sure, that these are skill based fills, and not just body based.

Depends. The tasker messages always have a designator requirement. That can range from 1050 (any warfare qualified officer, SWO, NA, NFO...) to specifying skills required (i.e. "engineering degree required").

I can't remember the NAVADMIN number specifically, but it details the "rules"; min time to be sent on IA after a deployment or another IA, who is is categorized as "high demand, low density" (meaning they are exempt from nomination unless specifically requested: SPECWAR, CEC, IW, Medical personnel).

It's all on the NPC website.

do you get any say on if you do or dont want to do an IA?

If your command gets a message ordering candidates be designated to go the board (that decides who does and does not go), and you are eligible, your name goes in the hat. They know everyone who is eligible beforehand, and can and will come back to the command if you are eligible and your name is not submitted.

It is noted if you are a volunteer or a non-volunteer.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No one will be able to give you a quantitative answer on something like that.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I'd like to petition for a flying gig, CAOC, UAV stuff, or do something with the Marines. I've got a narrow window to work with so I don't jack up my timing. My PRD is in the Spring and my detailer won't say if he's working an intermediate stop IA.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If there are two guys who are exactly the same on paper, up for the same IA, odds are they'll choose the volunteer.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I'd like to petition for a flying gig, CAOC, UAV stuff, or do something with the Marines. I've got a narrow window to work with so I don't jack up my timing. My PRD is in the Spring and my detailer won't say if he's working an intermediate stop IA.
Try asking him to go to Tampastan. CAOC will get you a Joint Achievement medal if you need something to boost your record. UAV stuff is in Vegas (Nellis). There is also an "Army" flying gig that you would be able to do. (year long and not discussable here).