• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IA Questions Answered Here

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
What do you do with your stuff when you're overseas for that amount of time? ie, pay bills, cars, furniture?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
What do you do with your stuff when you're overseas for that amount of time? ie, pay bills, cars, furniture?
Single dude with not a lot of stuff-Put in storage and save $$$
Single dude who does not want to do option 1-Pay your bills, find someone to feed the dog.
Married dude-Show wife how to pay bills and hope you have stuff/her when you get home.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Single dude with not a lot of stuff-Put in storage and save $$$
Single dude who does not want to do option 1-Pay your bills, find someone to feed the dog.
Married dude-Show wife how to pay bills and hope you have stuff/her when you get home.

The short answer: the same thing you do when you deploy.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Try asking him to go to Tampastan. CAOC will get you a Joint Achievement medal if you need something to boost your record. UAV stuff is in Vegas (Nellis). There is also an "Army" flying gig that you would be able to do. (year long and not discussable here).

Tx, I'm waiting till my PRD gets closer to talk about it with the placement o.
But definitely want to go for it.

Grant

I've done some google'ing, and cant find much info about how IA actually works. I apologize in advance if these seem like dumb questions...

What kind of positions do naval officers assume? Seems sort of radical to assign a SWO/Aviator/Submariner/etc as a platoon leader in an Army infantry unit. Or are they mostly support positions, allowing reassignment of troops to combat positions?

Do AI personnel only augment Army units, or can they be sent to other the services also?

Is IA a Navy-only program, or do the other services send people to augment the Army?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I've done some google'ing, and cant find much info about how IA actually works. I apologize in advance if these seem like dumb questions...

What kind of positions do naval officers assume? Seems sort of radical to assign a SWO/Aviator/Submariner/etc as a platoon leader in an Army infantry unit. Or are they mostly support positions, allowing reassignment of troops to combat positions?

Do AI personnel only augment Army units, or can they be sent to other the services also?

Is IA a Navy-only program, or do the other services send people to augment the Army?
You have no need to worry for a long while.....there are some combat positions but their is a classification on them and details cannot be discussed. IA's augment Air Force also. It is a Marine program also.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If your command keeps getting pinged on for IA like USNA...pick your evil...

An IA in Djibouti or Afghanistan vs an IA in downtown Baghdad.

Do your duty of course, just having some say in it, always makes the medicine go down easier.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hmmm...where to start?

I was VOLUN-TOLD to do my IA. Basically a set of orders magically appeared then I disappeared from the USA.

There is a lot of good info on IA's at Navy Knowledge Online (Sorry, active duty only).

Admiral Masso was here a few weeks ago and the Navy's vision is to go from Sea Duty to IA to Shore then repeat.....of course it all depends on timing. They are also going to stop using the IA term and call it GWOT Support.

There are all kinds of IA that will take just about anyone and any designator.

IA's start out at NMPS where you get screened, then off to Fort Jackson for some Navy IA Combat Training. Some folks go to other Army training facilities to get specialized combat training.

The Navy is honoring a 30 day notification process....meaning that if they tell you you are going, you have 30 days to get your affairs in order.

Overall, the IA has been a rewarding experience and has really opened my eyes to the fight that is going on over here.

-ea6bflyr

Trying2fly

IA Advice

Just had a drastic change of career plans thanks to the ex-wife calling my CO. I'm no longer a det OIC and my flying days have ended so I have volunteered to do the IA. I would like an IA which contributes to the effort and I heard of JCCS and PRT. Are there any others you would recommend? I don't have a death wish but I don't want to spend a year in the Greeen Zone sifting through intel or other paperwork. The back-side perks don't matter either since my career is over. What do they look for in JCCS? I'm a LAMPS pilot now with a SWO background as an EWO/CICO. Also spent 3 years in London with the security forces. I'm looking for any advice you may have. Thank you.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Just had a drastic change of career plans thanks to the ex-wife calling my CO. I'm no longer a det OIC and my flying days have ended so I have volunteered to do the IA. I would like an IA which contributes to the effort and I heard of JCCS and PRT. Are there any others you would recommend? I don't have a death wish but I don't want to spend a year in the Greeen Zone sifting through intel or other paperwork. The back-side perks don't matter either since my career is over. What do they look for in JCCS? I'm a LAMPS pilot now with a SWO background as an EWO/CICO. Also spent 3 years in London with the security forces. I'm looking for any advice you may have. Thank you.

Must be more to the story than your wife just making a phone call? Get caught screwing the help? You brought it up so I'm asking.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't know a percentage, but I know quite a few pilots from the E-2/C-2 community that are pretty high on their command's list of upcoming IA deployments.

There were 5 of us O-4's on the list at VRC-30 that just kept rotating from top to bottom. I was near the top of the list, not a favorite either but I deployed with CVW-2 again and got pushed to the bottom. Luckily for everyone, we had an O-3 screw up and he was sent. I think he's back now.

MasterBates

Must be more to the story than your wife just making a phone call? Get caught screwing the help? You brought it up so I'm asking.

Well, this is a LAMPS CO..

The community there was pretty cutthroat amongst Hinges when I left. I got thrown under the bus as a JO due to ex wife accusations. If it were not for a couple CO/XOs down here in Tejas that stood up to the threats of congessionals, I would have a lot more pain brought upon my head due to an ex as well.

Ex-HSL East guy here.