• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I pledge . . . .

Treetop Flyer

pilot

View attachment 29985

^ Almost all of these I have never heard of, and don’t even know what they look like. Especially some of the random Nordic runes - never heard of them and have no idea how they translate into extremist activity, by default.

I wonder how long before someone of a Norse religion will sue in federal court, saying that this harms their religious freedoms. (Remember this thread?)

And that might have some legal standing. As far as I can tell, Neo-Nazis don’t have a monopoly on Nordic symbols just like ISIS doesn’t have a monopoly on Islamic symbols. Obviously, Nordic symbols, Christian symbols, Jewish symbols, Hindu symbols, Buddhist symbols, and Islamic symbols all predate the concept of modern nation states, and if they’ve been misappropriated in the past or recently, then that’s pretty hard to pin onto the creators/ prophets/ saints of a religion.
Prowler dudes got some splaining to do

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the best take in some of these symbols is to raise your awareness, not necessarily to be the basis for a charge sheet.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

View attachment 29985

^ Almost all of these I have never heard of, and don’t even know what they look like. Especially some of the random Nordic runes - never heard of them and have no idea how they translate into extremist activity, by default.

I wonder how long before someone of a Norse religion will sue in federal court, saying that this harms their religious freedoms. (Remember this thread?)

And that might have some legal standing. As far as I can tell, Neo-Nazis don’t have a monopoly on Nordic symbols just like ISIS doesn’t have a monopoly on Islamic symbols. Obviously, Nordic symbols, Christian symbols, Jewish symbols, Hindu symbols, Buddhist symbols, and Islamic symbols all predate the concept of modern nation states, and if they’ve been misappropriated in the past or recently, then that’s pretty hard to pin onto the creators/ prophets/ saints of a religion.

That list goes from no kidding racist symbols to ones that would need some explaining to more benign ones that folks are trying to turn into something they really aren't. Context as always is important.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
This thread is a trip in that people who have either been in/are actually still in the Navy are surprised, confused, perplexed, bewildered, and/or offended that the Navy is still acting exactly like the Navy. Given all that transpired in the recent months, isn't mandating this training a fairly predictable outcome? Some said YHGTBFKM, but I think it's more like "Time to make the donuts". Sadly there are still folks who need it.

Lastly, let's all take moment to appreciate just how many staffers inside the loop are going to get some fair to moderately epic FITREP bullets out of this! I mean...like...wow!