• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I flew my first Solo today!

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Soloed on November 13th, 2008 from Duke Field (Eglin AFB) in C172P N63450. Followed a C-130 around the pattern. My first landing sucked. It's both a great and terrifying feeling taking off and then saying to yourself, "Well, if I can't land this thing, I'm f*#ked."

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll give you a clue. His first name rhymes with No-Fear and his last name is a very well known person...

Ah ok I know who you're talking about now, but I've actually never flown with him so I can't say for sure if he's still doing that.

Sinatra

ALOHA LAMPS
How is Bay Minette doing these days? Does Mr. C still make wayyyy to many jokes about his mother in-law and is No-Fear still doing short field takeoffs from the LT Bars?

Yes and Yes. I soloed with "No-Fear" today and our short field T/O practice were all from the bars.

Did he also like to "back taxi" in ground effect with you? Every time I fly with him he takes the controls and does this at least once. I think he likes to show off/fool around a lot. I was tempted to do the same after my third stop and go but thought better of it since I've only accumulated a "whopping" 12.4 hrs....

Any way solo was awesome and I have my shirt tail to pin up in the office.

"Student solo departing 2008 on runway 36 at 0R1 for stop and go...."

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Can't say I ever "back taxied" with No Fear. I did do a spin with him though.

If there is one thing I liked about Mr. C was his ability in choosing secretaries...