• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I’ve Had Covid - Am I Obligated to Tell?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm still trying to reconcile "we also encouraged people to talk to their spouses..." with "taking sailors' freedom of healthcare away." Nothing you circled in red supports your thesis...and I do like how you omitted "we also encouraged people to..." in your microsoft paint escapades.

Also, thanks for the reading glasses font. A4s4ever will be very proud.

You should really work on simmering down on this FTN mentality. If the notion that SVM should follow navy guidelines and spouses should follow CDC guidelines makes you this angry, you really should seek some therapy.

As CO, do you or do you not have the ability to talk to doctors and influence a treatment plan? Across the Navy, has this not led to multiple instances per year where a sailor had complications because the doc and CO initially determined that treatment could be deferred for the disease/condition at hand? That's the bottom line. That's what makes the CO 'own it.'

I don't know what else you're rambling about, but it's not anything that I previously posted.
No.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
@Spekkio the entire intent of your post was to influence the family members to avoid getting COVID tests without working through military medicine first. You actively used the SVM to influence them to do such. You then armchair quarterbacked their decision to do so by consulting with your doc to run (what I assume) was the SVM’s version of their symptoms against your metric for what does, or does not, constitute being “sick enough” or the right kind of sick to actually constitute COVID...and then made your ROM/Quarantine/return to work decisions based on that.

I’m pretty sure we have covered, ad nauseum, that this disease effects everyone differently, to include some people with zero symptoms (thus why my fully vaccinated ass still has to wear a mask to work.)

Not sure where you got my posts intended to be a “Fuck you” to the Navy, my comments were directed at you and your style of “leadership.” If there were less like you, we would have a better climate in the Navy, so if anything, I’m trying to help make it better.

Treating your Sailors with inherent mistrust and a baseline accusation that they are trying to malinger or fink out of work is not a healthy way to lead. Try acting like they are adults who joined for the same reason you did, with a work ethic as good, if not better, than yours, you might have better results.

Pickle

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
@Spekkio the entire intent of your post was to influence the family members to avoid getting COVID tests without working through military medicine first.
No. That's what you read into it because you have an inherent distrust for the system and view yourself as a stop-gap between the Navy's senior leadership fucking sailors.

What I said, and explicitly meant, is that servicemembers should talk to their spouses about getting tested when directed by a healthcare professional. If they are on Tricare standard, as my family is, that means as directed by a civilian primary care physician / nurse practitioner / physicians assistant. If they are on Tricare prime, that means going through their PCM at the MTF....or their physician out in town if the MTF can't handle dependents.

Somehow you latched onto a phrase out of context that struck a nerve and construed my post as taking away people's right to healthcare. I don't know how you make such a leap, but good on you for having such an unhealthy mentality toward fellow servicemembers and their intentions.

When COVID broke, people ran the gamut from 'this is fucking stupid' to 'omg my family is going to die why am I at work.' The common theme is...seek the advice of a healthcare professional and listen to what they say. It's not a matter of distrust, and it's not a matter of malingering. Both of those were inserted by you because of the way you view any other leader that isn't you. Instead, it's a matter of reinforcing that people need to listen to the experts and adhere to Navy policy to prevent spread. Because we have essential jobs and the show must go on.

When people go outside of that policy it negatively impacts readiness while the chain of command seeks resolution...which is avoidable in the vast majority of cases by following what is, IMO, very clear guidance. And the OP in this thread is Figure 1 of what not to do.

But apparently that's a very controversial stance for you, and directing people to listen to doctors in the wake of a national pandemic is poor leadership. Glad to hear it. Good luck.

Last edited: