• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to succeed at navy ocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Is there suddenly a high amount of candidates who are being separated from the Navy without their consent? Are the tests now made for people above the IQ of functional retard (insert SWO joke here)? Because when I was there, you had to try hard to attrite besides DOR.

Yes, actually, all of the above. The new academics curriculum is setup so that multiple classes run in parallel ala college. The CO specifically said the program was focused too much on militarization and not enough on academics. The courses are becoming more in-depth and yes, they are getting legitimately hard. Granted, the ones we took weren't like this (because we were part of the old program) but the instructors were all telling us about the new program and said the that the new academics curriculum was no joke.

And yes, I saw multiple people seawalled and attrited for what we, as candios, perceived to be smaller and smaller infractions. Only time will tell if that was a trend, though, but we believed it to be so.

I think the hostility comes because of his attitude of "you guys all had it wrong...let me set you straight about OCS," followed by what amounts to a summary of the same exact gouge that has been floating around about OCS for years. He added nothing new.

m0t, congrats on graduating OCS...don't be that guy

Holy crap, that's not what I'm saying at all. Nobody "had it wrong", all I'm saying is that the gouge being passed around now, save for the universals I just posted, *is* wrong and will continue to be wrong as the program is structured entirely different as of class 09-10.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Seeing that he's from class 03-10, I would say yes... "no discipline, no bearing, no integrity" ;)

This sounds like 02's regcom, lol...:icon_smil

But I digress.. I'm done with this thread. My aim was intended to inform, and to be positive. Somewhere along the way clearly something got lost in translation because several people ended up being severely angered by something somehow. Hopefully my *entire* message wasn't lost in translation and somebody will quit asking whether or not to bring athletic socks or crew cut and frickin' do a pushup or two.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hopefully my *entire* message wasn't lost in translation and somebody will quit asking whether or not to bring athletic socks or crew cut and frickin' do a pushup or two.

Yes, we certainly don't need people "nuking" and overthinking what to bring vvvv

The only reason I said 6 pairs was because that's what's on the official list. You're right, I'll probably buy more and they probably sell them in 8 packs anyways.

I've compiled both an official and an unofficial list of things to bring to OCS in accordance with what I've read on these boards, USNavyOCS, and what's on the official website, of this list, can you gentlemen help me discern what I will need to bring with me from day one, what I will need for RLP and should set aside (leave in my car?) and what I will eventually need later on in the program? Basically I'm trying to figure out what stuff I need for RLP that must stay in pristine condition and trying to figure out how/where to stash it so that it stays in mint condition.

Maybe I'm nuking the issue...but I'd just like to know what needs to go where and when supplies-wise.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Yes, we certainly don't need people "nuking" and overthinking what to bring vvvv

You quoted two posts that I made *before* I went to OCS. That's specifically why I came back to post what I did - because there's no use in people nuking issues that are ultimately inconsequential in the bigger scope of the program when they can be focused on other stuff.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You quoted two posts that I made *before* I went to OCS. That's specifically why I came back to post what I did - because there's no use in people nuking issues that are ultimately inconsequential in the bigger scope of the program when they can be focused on other stuff.

I hereby dub thee "Master of the Obvious". So where was your mea culpa? It's a rite of passage and you're getting heat because you come across as if you think you so enlightened when you're merely a datapoint in the continuum. In otherwords, "Lighten up, Francis".

It's merely your particular insight and opinion, but you've always had a hard time not coming across as trying to elevate yourself above others so others aren't necessarily shooting holes in the message as much as the messenger (because of how you are perceived). That is what is haunting you from all your prior postings on everything from international affairs to the economy. Your challenge is seeing yourself how others do, not how you perceive yourself. You got punked before as an attitude check, ne c'est pas?

Status
Not open for further replies.